Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Djokovic beats Nadal in Madrid open

5 posters

Go down

Djokovic beats Nadal in Madrid open Empty Djokovic beats Nadal in Madrid open

Post by Mosquito Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 pm

I was a lil surprised. I know he did it 3'ce this season already, but it was on hardcourts. It is always great to see a rivalry in sport.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Djokovic beats Nadal in Madrid open Empty Re: Djokovic beats Nadal in Madrid open

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 9:35 pm

It was quite incredible.

I am a huge Nadal fan but am glad to see him threatened on clay courts. Hope he comes back strong at the coming tournaments.

Djokovic is a clown - have you seen him imitating other tennis players? He also has one of that steamy Nadal-Shakira song. The videos are quite hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Djokovic beats Nadal in Madrid open Empty Re: Djokovic beats Nadal in Madrid open

Post by Mosquito Sun May 08, 2011 9:55 pm

blabberwock wrote:It was quite incredible.

I am a huge Nadal fan but am glad to see him threatened on clay courts. Hope he comes back strong at the coming tournaments.

Djokovic is a clown - have you seen him imitating other tennis players? He also has one of that steamy Nadal-Shakira song. The videos are quite hilarious.

Yes, I've seen the videos. He is very funny. I am really impressed the way he turned around! Last year all he had were excuses. Since US open there is a ginormous difference in him.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 09, 2011 12:30 am

djoker is a clown. truer words have seldom been spoken. hate him.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 09, 2011 7:35 am

PseudoIntellectual wrote:

I. I am really impressed the way he turned around! Last year all he had were excuses. Since US open there is a ginormous difference in him.
wtf..please stop using this shitty word.

saw the match.. very impressed with Djokovic. His Davis cup match win for serbia against spain made all the difference and he is a world beater..hope he wins the French.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon May 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Djoko is on a tear getting off to a fantastic start this year. It will be interesting to see how he does in the French Open. In 5 previous meetings, he has never beaten Nadal at a slam . Can he do it this time?

That being said, how many of you think Nadal is a doper and that Djoko's astonishing surge is due to doping? He used to run out of gas quickly but these days he is an unstoppable backboard beating Nadal at his own game of relentless defense.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Nadal looked gimpy compared to Djoker.. lets see what happens in a five setter in French..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Mon May 09, 2011 5:26 pm

nevada wrote:Djoko is on a tear getting off to a fantastic start this year. It will be interesting to see how he does in the French Open. In 5 previous meetings, he has never beaten Nadal at a slam . Can he do it this time?

That being said, how many of you think Nadal is a doper and that Djoko's astonishing surge is due to doping? He used to run out of gas quickly but these days he is an unstoppable backboard beating Nadal at his own game of relentless defense.

I dont know whether doping matters in a game like tennis. It is as much a mental game as it is physical.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon May 09, 2011 6:11 pm

PseudoIntellectual wrote:
nevada wrote:Djoko is on a tear getting off to a fantastic start this year. It will be interesting to see how he does in the French Open. In 5 previous meetings, he has never beaten Nadal at a slam . Can he do it this time?

I dont know whether doping matters in a game like tennis. It is as much a mental game as it is physical.

Currently conditions in tennis favor baseliners heavily. Having strength to muscle the ball from 15 feet behind the baseline with tremendous spin, and the stamina and speed to run all day and retrieve the ball are key factors in a player's success. A player who has "plenty in the tank" can rally all day and wear his opponent down. Having the ability to do so can give confidence and mental strength.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Mon May 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Some has questions similar to yours.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/3b7a156876756fec/12bebde1632a1af3?show_docid=12bebde1632a1af3&pli=1
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 pm

how is doping going to help producing winners consistently. Stamina and ability to play long matches doesn't translate to winners in Tennis.

Whatever forum PI posted had one person asking the Q and one replying. Not exactly a discussion by experts.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon May 09, 2011 8:00 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:how is doping going to help producing winners consistently. Stamina and ability to play long matches doesn't translate to winners in Tennis.

Whatever forum PI posted had one person asking the Q and one replying. Not exactly a discussion by experts.

Doping reduces the need to go for winners. Keep retrieving the ball and force your tired/frustrated opponent to make an error. Djokovic used to be an aggressive player who went for winners. Now he is playing the same way as Nadal - frustrating his opponents with relentless defense and forcing them to make errors.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 10, 2011 1:40 am

i don't know if nadal and djoker are dopers or not. but i know, for sure, that -

federer > 10 X nadal + 20 X djoker.

hail the king.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 10, 2011 9:33 am

I always felt lendl was a doper.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue May 10, 2011 1:09 pm

federer > 10 X nadal

how is that possible when Fedex was beaten fair and square by Nadal a number of times..not just in clay courts..

PS: I am a HUGE FedEX fan.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:federer > 10 X nadal

how is that possible when Fedex was beaten fair and square by Nadal a number of times..not just in clay courts..

Tennis is all about match ups. Nadal is a nightmare match up for Fedex. His high bouncing viciously spinning forehand to Fedex's single handed backhand wins him a lot of points and frustrates Federer into making errors.
A player's greatness is judged by the number of slams won, years spent at the top of the rankings, and consistency. If Head 2 head record is the only factor to determine a player's greatness, then Davydenko who owns Nadal(again, because of match up issues) should be considered a great player too.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue May 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Greatest of all time (GOAT) should transcend all these match up issues.
It is hard to say that some one is GOAT when he couldn't match up favorably to his one and only rival, he ever had. So forget analyzing his greatness against former greats.

Davydenko issue is irrelevant because he hasn't won anything major to be even mentioned in the same sentence.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed May 11, 2011 4:17 am

doofus_maximus wrote:federer > 10 X nadal

ok, not 10X, but far better than nadal. 16 grand slams and counting. 280+ weeks at number 1 and he may reclaim that soon. nadal is younger than federer, but i don't see him topping federer's achievements. nadal is more fragile than federer and may not even play after 3-4 years.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Another Brick wrote:
ok, not 10X, but far better than nadal. 16 grand slams and counting. 280+ weeks at number 1 and he may reclaim that soon. nadal is younger than federer, but i don't see him topping federer's achievements. nadal is more fragile than federer and may not even play after 3-4 years.

agree on all counts...
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 16, 2011 12:32 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/tennis/05/15/djokovic.italian.open.win/index.html?eref=sihp

Djoker 4-0 against Nadal this year in finals.. 37 match winning streak. If he reaches the French finals he will be 43-0..amazing transformation.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Mon May 16, 2011 12:49 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/tennis/05/15/djokovic.italian.open.win/index.html?eref=sihp

Djoker 4-0 against Nadal this year in finals.. 37 match winning streak. If he reaches the French finals he will be 43-0..amazing transformation.

If at all he wins french, he will have 45 wins in the year and 47 consecutive wins. That is an all-time record. He will surpass John McEnroe record the best start of 42 wins if he wins Semis. Will cross Borg and Federer if he wins 3rd round. I am not sure if he can win against Nadal in a grandslam on clay, but it would be good if does.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Who knows what will happen at the French Open but Djoker is on a roll and it was nice to see Nadull get thrashed once again.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm

45 wins this year kaisa hoga..

37 plus 4 rounds plus qf/sf/f equals 44 wins..

D-the nitpicker-M.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Mon May 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Yes! You are right! He will only equal Guillermo Vilas not surpass him.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down