Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The thoughts and prayers squad swings into action

+3
Idéfix
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The thoughts and prayers squad swings into action - Page 2 Empty Re: The thoughts and prayers squad swings into action

Post by silvermani Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 am

Took a whole night to think it over and came  up with this?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

The thoughts and prayers squad swings into action - Page 2 Empty Re: The thoughts and prayers squad swings into action

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 am

https://twitter.com/king_sparc/status/875123628790231044
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:07 am

silvermani wrote:Took a whole night to think it over and came  up with this?
I don't know about you, but I tend to do things other than post on SuCH.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:10 am

Hellsangel wrote:https://twitter.com/king_sparc/status/875123628790231044
If Lynch called for violence, blood and death in the streets that's awful. She should be ashamed of herself.

Her actions during the Clinton email probe need to be investigated and she should be held responsible.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:22 am

Whoever came up with this tweet is an awful human being. This person lacks a moral compass. HA, if you actually watched the video and still posted this, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. If you didn't watch it but posted it anyway, stop being so gullible.

Here is what the tweet claims: FLASHBACK: Loretta Lynch called for marching, blood, and death in the streets to "resist" the Trump Administration.

Now watch the video. Here is everything Loretta Lynch says in the video.

I know that this is a time of great fear and uncertainty for so many people. I know it's a time of concern for people who see our rights being assailed, being trampled on, and even being rolled back. I know that this is difficult. But I remind you that this has never been easy. We have always had to work, to move this country forward, to achieve the great ideals of our founding fathers. And it has been people, individuals who have banded together, ordinary people who simply saw what needed to be done and came together and supported those ideals who have made the difference. They have marched, they have bled, and yes some of them have died. This is hard. Every good thing is. We have done this before, we can do this again.

Loretta Lynch talked in the video about people who have marched and were brutalized for their civil disobedience. She talked about people who bled, not people who drew blood. She talked about people who died, not people who killed. She used the example of the people who bled and died marching for civil rights to say we can do the same thing now. Portraying that as a call to violence is unconscionable.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:24 am

Someone has plenty of time on his hands to parse, analyze and preach.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 am

silvermani wrote:Someone has plenty of time on his hands to parse, analyze and preach.
https://such.forumotion.com/t42971-irresponsible-rhetoric-kills#238410
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:47 am

Idéfix wrote:
Whoever came up with this tweet is an awful human being. This person lacks a moral compass. HA, if you actually watched the video and still posted this, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. If you didn't watch it but posted it anyway, stop being so gullible.

Here is what the tweet claims: FLASHBACK: Loretta Lynch called for marching, blood, and death in the streets to "resist" the Trump Administration.

I know that this is a time of great fear and uncertainty for so many people. I know it's a time of concern for people who see our rights being assailed, being trampled on, and even being rolled back. I know that this is difficult. But I remind you that this has never been easy. We have always had to work, to move this country forward, to achieve the great ideals of our founding fathers. And it has been people, individuals who have banded together, ordinary people who simply saw what needed to be done and came together and supported those ideals who have made the difference. They have marched, they have bled, and yes some of them have died. This is hard. Every good thing is. We have done this before, we can do this again.

Loretta Lynch talked in the video about people who have marched and were brutalized for their civil disobedience. She talked about people who bled, not people who drew blood. She talked about people who died, not people who killed. She used the example of the people who bled and died marching for civil rights to say we can do the same thing now. Portraying that as a call to violence is unconscionable.

I think gullibility has penetrated into the population of educated and informed people on the right. It's not just the coal miners and blue collar folks any more. If HA can post this without digging a little further into the actual content of Lynch's speech, we are doomed. Assuming (and I hope I am right) that he is not actually part of the machine that willfully propagates misinformation.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:54 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I think gullibility has penetrated into the population of educated and informed people on the right. It's not just the coal miners and blue collar folks any more. If HA can post this without digging a little further into the actual content of Lynch's speech, we are doomed. Assuming (and I hope I am right) that he is not actually part of the machine that willfully propagates misinformation.  

informed or blind follower?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:26 pm

https://www.thoughtsandprayersthegame.com/
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Bull's eye:

It's clear who is seeding this kind of nonsense.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:57 pm

The background checks which the Republicans so passionately stand against would have prevented this shooter from acquiring guns. Just a thought.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:02 pm

It's so nice that the NRA has a feature on their website on the gunman who targeted Republicans a day after the attack. It only took them three weeks to say something about the 20 innocent toddlers who got massacred in Newtown.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:Bull's eye:

It's clear who is seeding this kind of nonsense.
One important quote at the end of the video attributed to Sen. Burr (R-NC): "Trump aligns perfectly with where the GOP is today."

This is very true.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Rep Mark Sanford (R) refers to the incident of the Orange inciting violence and offering to pay the aggressors' legal fee and says he needs to be held responsible for what's going on. Good man.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:53 am

The thoughts and prayers squad swings into action - Page 2 Orlando-shooting-cartoon-luckovich21
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Sensible talk by House Speaker Ryan. 

"At times our emotions clearly can get the best of us," he said. "We're all imperfect. But we do not shed our humanity when we enter this chamber." He even went so far as to use a metaphor that you don't hear spoken very often about Congress: a family. "For all the noise and all the fury, we are one family," he said. "These were our brothers and sisters in the line of fire."
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2