Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abhimanyu Mithun for AUS test squad (Cricket)

3 posters

Go down

Abhimanyu Mithun for AUS test squad (Cricket) Empty Abhimanyu Mithun for AUS test squad (Cricket)

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:38 am

no, i am not going to bash Srikanth for this. i don't think he had much of a choice. RIP Singh bowls at 101 Kph (15 kmph less than Ravi Bopara, hahaha) and his ball bounces twice before it reaches Dhobi, so he is a waste. Sreesanth, even if he were fully fit, did not deserve another chance after his bowling in ENG. P Kumar has a broken rib. Agarkar is a pensioner now. Dhawal Kulkarni started his ranji season well but is not consistent. Jaydev Whathisname was awful in SA and i would not select him in Pune ward # 33 galli cricket squad. Irfan Pathan (and his half-brother) is overrated and can't bowl 115+. L balaji is too old. Nehra bowls 10 overs and rests for 10 weeks. aniruddha srikanth is not a bowler. so what choice did srikanth have?

having said that, i think munaf patel's case could have been considered but he does not inspire confidence in anyone. if zaheer khan is not fit, expect another humiliation in AUS. for all the hype, varun aaron and umesh yadav are not going to cause much damage to AUS batting. and given that the tracks there are not spinner-friendly, i don't see ojha and ashwin repeating their recent exploits.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Abhimanyu Mithun for AUS test squad (Cricket) Empty Re: Abhimanyu Mithun for AUS test squad (Cricket)

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:49 am

i was wondering when there will be another cricket match and AB will post again. where have u been?
missed ya!
post on jokes thread smtime Wink

Back to top Go down

Abhimanyu Mithun for AUS test squad (Cricket) Empty Re: Abhimanyu Mithun for AUS test squad (Cricket)

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:04 am

Another Brick wrote:no, i am not going to bash Srikanth for this. i don't think he had much of a choice. RIP Singh bowls at 101 Kph (15 kmph less than Ravi Bopara, hahaha) and his ball bounces twice before it reaches Dhobi, so he is a waste. Sreesanth, even if he were fully fit, did not deserve another chance after his bowling in ENG. P Kumar has a broken rib. Agarkar is a pensioner now. Dhawal Kulkarni started his ranji season well but is not consistent. Jaydev Whathisname was awful in SA and i would not select him in Pune ward # 33 galli cricket squad. Irfan Pathan (and his half-brother) is overrated and can't bowl 115+. L balaji is too old. Nehra bowls 10 overs and rests for 10 weeks. aniruddha srikanth is not a bowler. so what choice did srikanth have?

having said that, i think munaf patel's case could have been considered but he does not inspire confidence in anyone. if zaheer khan is not fit, expect another humiliation in AUS. for all the hype, varun aaron and umesh yadav are not going to cause much damage to AUS batting. and given that the tracks there are not spinner-friendly, i don't see ojha and ashwin repeating their recent exploits.

Cmon rae baba - Varun Aaron's going to bowl like Glen McGrath - his idol! Ishant Sharma is going to be seniormost bowler on the tour! Sreesanth is busy trying ayruvedic treatments for being his injury-and-being-pain-you-know-where. BTW - Nehra would probably bend down to pickup Bhajji's glass for a refill and break a rib...

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:39 am

seven wrote:i was wondering when there will be another cricket match and AB will post again. where have u been?
missed ya!

self-imposed exile for about 5-6 weeks. how have you been?

RH wrote: Cmon rae baba - Varun Aaron's going to bowl like Glen McGrath - his idol! Ishant Sharma is going to be seniormost bowler on the tour! Sreesanth is busy trying ayruvedic treatments for being his injury-and-being-pain-you-know-where. BTW - Nehra would probably bend down to pickup Bhajji's glass for a refill and break a rib...

yes, i am not very hopeful about IND's chances against average AUS side. since we are almost always generous when it comes to bowling to out-of-form batsmen, expect Hughes, Ponting, Hussey and Haddin to make merry against aaron, sharma, yadav and mithun. some seniors have traveled to AUS to get used to the conditions there. it did not help them in ENG. i doubt if that's going to change.

it is not only bowling that i am worried about, though. sehwag and gambhir haven't been doing all that great either. if they don't open well, even our batting will be in trouble. Gambhir, for all his records and solid performances over the years, hasn't been tested outside IND. when he was (in SA and ENG), he faltered (more so in ENG than in SA). NZ does not count.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:20 am

[quote="Another Brick"]
seven wrote:i was wondering when there will be another cricket match and AB will post again. where have u been?
missed ya!

self-imposed exile for about 5-6 weeks. how have you been?

Why? What for? What did u acheive in these 6weeks??
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 am

Rekz wrote: Why? What for? What did u acheive in these 6weeks??

did me no good, really. i spent this time chatting with harsha bhogle, raja sen and himess besharmiya on rediff. and my posts on cricinfo dot com multiplied by a factor of 5.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:33 pm

I feel Irfan would have been a much better replacement for Praveen, they both being swing bowlers. Irfan has been doing okay in India. But I am liking the stuff from Varun and Umesh. They should be okay against this Aussie line up.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:01 am

Since that tour is such a long tour, expect at least one more injury in which case Irfan Pathan could be made to travel. BTW, Pat Cummins is ruled out for IND's tour. I wonder how their bowling squad is going to look like. Harris, Starc, Lyon, Bollinger, Siddle, Pattinson? Will Bollinger be picked?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:07 pm

isn't Harris out for a long time and I heard that Aussies are looking for a long term replacement for him.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:35 am

Another Brick wrote:Since that tour is such a long tour, expect at least one more injury in which case Irfan Pathan could be made to travel.

varun aaron is out of the tour and the tour is a good two weeks away. vinay kumar makes it to the squad. if any other fast bowler goes down, will they ask srinath to come out of his retirement?

if ZK isn't fit in time, good luck to team IND.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:47 pm

now this tour is officially 0-4 for India.

I saw Aus bowling scythe through NZ batting line up. They look impressive. Fast and accurate.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down