Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Alagiri really go to Loyola college?

5 posters

Go down

Did Alagiri really go to Loyola college?  Empty Did Alagiri really go to Loyola college?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Alagiri a graduate from Madras Loyola College, despite of his weakness in English and lack of administrative experience, was made a Central Minister by his dear dad showing his muscle to Sonia and Manmohan Sing. Interestingly he never spoke or answered any questions in the parliament, instead demanded to be privileged to answer in Tamil and even when that was in the offing, he forgot Delhi but remained as a Central Minister for name sake. Utter waste for the Congress. Now he will give up the ministry. He is well known for his thuggery. So he is called the one never fears [to break law].

http://transcurrents.com/news-views/archives/477

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Did Alagiri really go to Loyola college?  Empty Re: Did Alagiri really go to Loyola college?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:59 pm

===> I thought the guy did not even finish high school.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Did Alagiri really go to Loyola college?  Empty Re: Did Alagiri really go to Loyola college?

Post by Kris Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:43 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:Alagiri a graduate from Madras Loyola College, despite of his weakness in English and lack of administrative experience, was made a Central Minister by his dear dad showing his muscle to Sonia and Manmohan Sing. Interestingly he never spoke or answered any questions in the parliament, instead demanded to be privileged to answer in Tamil and even when that was in the offing, he forgot Delhi but remained as a Central Minister for name sake. Utter waste for the Congress. Now he will give up the ministry. He is well known for his thuggery. So he is called the one never fears [to break law].

>>>> I wouldn't be surprised if he can produce his diploma from Loyola. You must have forgotten about 'paper-chases' and that certain 'something' exchanging hands that can make things happen. In his case, I doubt that even all that was necessary. They probably dropped off his degree at this house once they got the call.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Kris wrote:
MulaiAzhagi wrote:Alagiri a graduate from Madras Loyola College, despite of his weakness in English and lack of administrative experience, was made a Central Minister by his dear dad showing his muscle to Sonia and Manmohan Sing. Interestingly he never spoke or answered any questions in the parliament, instead demanded to be privileged to answer in Tamil and even when that was in the offing, he forgot Delhi but remained as a Central Minister for name sake. Utter waste for the Congress. Now he will give up the ministry. He is well known for his thuggery. So he is called the one never fears [to break law].

>>>> I wouldn't be surprised if he can produce his diploma from Loyola. You must have forgotten about 'paper-chases' and that certain 'something' exchanging hands that can make things happen. In his case, I doubt that even all that was necessary. They probably dropped off his degree at this house once they got the call.

Knowing the reputation of the MK family, every college would have known what and how to treat the MK family members properly - no instructions needed.

I am surprised that the MK family members did not get "GOLD MEDAL" and Univ first ranks.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Kris wrote:

--> LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:51 am

>>> instead demanded to be privileged to answer in Tamil

It is not a privilege. It is his right. If Hindian ministers can speak in their mother tongue why can't he?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:47 am

Alagiri may have used this as a convenient way out to avoid answering questions. Exactly how difficult would it have been to have someone translate for him?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:49 am

>> Alagiri may have used this as a convenient way out to avoid answering questions. Exactly how difficult would it have been to have someone translate for him?

Please don't post on things you do not know about.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 am

Alright, when did his name transition from Azhagiri to Alagiri? Why did I not get the memo? I hope the next move is not to Alagir, eventually to Alamgir.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:>> Alagiri may have used this as a convenient way out to avoid answering questions. Exactly how difficult would it have been to have someone translate for him?

Please don't post on things you do not know about.

>>>> Wait, I thought you hated him and MK? How is the posthumous peace nobel campaign for captain P coming?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:12 am

charvaka wrote:Alright, when did his name transition from Azhagiri to Alagiri? Why did I not get the memo? I hope the next move is not to Alagir, eventually to Alamgir.

>>> This could go many ways, if you think about it. It could become 'Alger'- as in Horatio Alger- thereby relating to the american idea of limitless possibilities. It could become 'Algeria' evoking memories of the casting off of the french colonial yoke. This could be then seen in the context of the overthrow of the Hindian, which could explain KV's sudden admiration for this statesman.Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down