Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sessions next to go?

+3
southindian
silvermani
Propagandhi711
7 posters

Go down

sessions next to go? Empty sessions next to go?

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:18 am

way orange is calling him names, how long before he resigns? setting stage for calling off the investigation and giving himself blanket pardons....

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

sessions next to go? Empty Re: sessions next to go?

Post by silvermani Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:19 am

I read somewhere that Giuliani is being considered as the replacement.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:23 am

silvermani wrote:I read somewhere that Giuliani is being considered as the replacement.
Aaah! Two Pussy-grabbers in same administration will be golden for the USA.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 am

yeah rudy the nut will suit Orange very well. except rudy may not want to go down in flames, he has eyes too, must see writing on the wall and what minefields await him.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 am

Giuliani is not a wise pick given his involvement in the October Comey letter situation. I don't think Il Douche wants him to face questions under oath about that matter during confirmation hearings. Il Douche is not known for making wise choices, though.

This is the most dysfunctional administration in living memory. Six months in, the predisent is criticizing his Attorney General for following the rules of the Department of Justice. If he had better advisers he would have known in December that Sessions would have to recuse himself from any investigations into Russia. By those same rules, Giuliani will need to recuse himself from the Russia investigation.

“That regulation states, in effect, that department [of Justice] employees should not participate in investigations of a campaign if they have served as a campaign advisor,” said Sessions.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Apparently Tillerson is now signaling that he may leave... it's another matter whether he actually quits.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/23/politics/ip-forecast-white-house-shakeup-sec-of-state/index.html wrote:Tillerson has a growing list of differences with the White House, including a new debate over Iran policy and personnel. His frustration is hardly a secret and it has spilled out publicly at times. But friends sense a change of late.

For weeks, conversations with Tillerson friends outside of Washington have left the impression that he, despite his frustrations, was determined to stay on the job at least through the end of the year. That would allow time to continue efforts to reorganize the State Department and would mean he could claim to have put in a year as America's top diplomat.

But two sources who spoke to CNN on condition of anonymity over the weekend said they would not be surprised if there was a "Rexit" from Foggy Bottom sooner that that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:16 am

Wonder if this strategy to shame him publicly will work. I think it might. How long can you be a in a meeting with other colleagues when your boss continues to publicly berate you?

It's clear what he is trying to do. He'll get him to resign, appoint an interim AG without senate confirmation (he has some 200 days or so before he will be forced to go to the senate), and then get the interim guy to fire Mueller. Banana republic, here we come!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 am

Imagine your boss tweeted everyday about how you are not working on the projects he wants you to work on. Instead of telling you to work on those projects, he just tweets out his unhappiness that you are not working on those projects.

You can't quite picture your boss doing this? That's because you have an at least slightly competent boss who knows how to assign work to their subordinates. If they didn't, they wouldn't survive in the corporate world.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:53 am

I think this excerpt from bloomberg sums up the difference between scaramucci and spicer. don't think Mucci will let Trump take him for a ride - 

Trump has also discussed firing Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the Russia probe, Scaramucci said. He said he counseled the president against such a move.
“In candid conversations with the president, I have said, ‘Why would you fire him?”’ Scaramucci said.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 am

pravalika nanda wrote:I think this excerpt from bloomberg sums up the difference between scaramucci and spicer. don't think Mucci will let Trump take him for a ride - 

Trump has also discussed firing Robert Mueller, the special counsel leading the Russia probe, Scaramucci said. He said he counseled the president against such a move.
“In candid conversations with the president, I have said, ‘Why would you fire him?”’ Scaramucci said.
If not as a way to fire Mueller, there is no publicly known reason for Trump to try to get rid of Sessions. Interestingly, it is Sessions who brought people like JD Gordon and Carter Page to the Trump campaign.

If he fires Sessions without an intent to fire Mueller using the approach Max talked about above, he will just create problems for himself with an unnecessary waste of Senate time on another high-profile confirmation, and give the Senate Democrats leverage that he doesn't need to.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Not sure, the republican senators will advise/support Sessions' exit as he seems to have good clout among them.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm

garam_kuta wrote:Not sure, the republican senators will advise/support Sessions' exit as he seems to have good clout among them.  
You may be right: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/trump-recess-appointments/index.html
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:30 pm

I read somewhere that sessions is considered largely responsible for the few "wins" Orange's administration had in their supporter's eyes...namely, tough on crime, immigration numbers down, deportations etc. party establishment might talk Orange down from the ledge if he tries to seriously take down crazy eyes. they wouldnt want to risk eroding whatever support exists within the base at this time. 

tillerson could go jump in the river, no one would care considering everything else that's going on. Orange might spin it as draining the swamp (which he himself created but no one accused his base of caring about facts) and declare victory.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I read somewhere that sessions is considered largely responsible for the few "wins" Orange's administration had in their supporter's eyes...namely, tough on crime, immigration numbers down, deportations etc. party establishment might talk Orange down from the ledge if he tries to seriously take down crazy eyes. they wouldnt want to risk eroding whatever support exists within the base at this time. 

tillerson could go jump in the river, no one would care considering everything else that's going on. Orange might spin it as draining the swamp (which he himself created but no one accused his base of caring about facts) and declare victory.
Yeah, Breitbart is saying the same thing today.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:27 pm

hahaha, the self destructive express is gathering speed. I said this before and will say again: repubs will start calling for Orange's ouster very soon.

"
"I had 40,000 people," Trump said of his campaign rallies. "He was a senator from Alabama ... he looks at 40,000 people and he probably says, 'What do I have to lose?' And he endorsed me," Trump said.
"So it's not like a great loyal thing about the endorsement. But I'm very disappointed in Jeff Sessions," he added.
"
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attacks-sessions-endorsement-crowd-size-russia-mueller-2017-7

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:41 pm

As crazy as it sounds, Sessions stands between the Republic, and its acquisition of an unseemly prefix, "banana."
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down