Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dravid-kohli will they last at least two sessions?

5 posters

Go down

dravid-kohli will they last at least two sessions? Empty dravid-kohli will they last at least two sessions?

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:25 pm

On second day Indian bowlers led by Zaheer showed some spirit and fought hard. India is still not back in contention but team showed some backbone. Kudos to Zaheer, Yadav and Ishant. Vinay did his best to join in. It raised hopes of batting fight back. Top order failed miserably. Now India is left with Dravid and Kohli.

If both of them survive till tea, India is assured to make aussies bat again. That should be Target one.

If India can make Aussies bat for more than 150, it is a real fight.

IF India can make Aussies bat for 250 plus, India is in with a chance to win.

The probability of last two options is miniscule. So I am hoping for a little fight to restore some sense of fight to Indian batting.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

dravid-kohli will they last at least two sessions? Empty Re: dravid-kohli will they last at least two sessions?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:41 pm

If, if and more if.

Nada....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

dravid-kohli will they last at least two sessions? Empty Re: dravid-kohli will they last at least two sessions?

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Patriots are all over the Broncos, one-sided match like this one

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:If, if and more if.

Nada....

Indian bowlers proved they belong. They did not give up despite being hammered for 800 runs with one wicket between sydney and perth.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:51 pm

With Dravid's departure, last flame is snuffed out. Time to get some sleep.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:12 am

with all the other changes that are definitely going to happen, time to drop dhoni from the team, bring parthiv patel in and make gambhir captain of the test team. he can play tonty tonty with yuseless singhan and lafbhajan singh.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:16 am

and to be fair, i'll admit i misjudged kohli. he sports a solid pair of testicles. he belongs.

eta: and these boy on the burning deck acts are the ones that are remembered usually for a long time.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:21 am

Expect Sehwag and VVSl to be dropped along with Vinay for the last test.

Not even a chance for VVSL to say good bye.

Sad indeed.

The only youngsters to score a century in recent times are Murali Vijay and Raina. so much for the future.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:30 am

if this was VVS's last test innings, it's time to put away the sadness and celebrate a well played career and thank his wonderful service to indian cricket. we'll always have the 281 to watch in our old age.

i don't feel so bad anymore. i mean we are past that point aren't we? can't get worse than a second whitewash. this is an opportunity to rethink and rebuild if we are serious about test cricket. i'm fairly certain dravid is going to announce his retirement after adelaide. that brings pujara in for dravid and someone else for laxman (i am not convinced about rohit sharma yet). these youngsters can play with tendulkar. he'll be around another six or so years to guide these young men by which time arjun tendulkar will have made his debut. couple of tests with his son and sachin will be ready to go too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:52 am

dravid is not going to retire just now. i think he will play one more series in india. there were times when many felt that he would retire but he did not. i don't think he will retire now. he averages 28 in the series (the IInd best average for an indian). and i see no reason why he should retire. agreed, he has looked bad in the series so far, but it was only 3-4 months ago when he scored three 100s against an attack equally good. he and SRT must play for a couple of more series while the young talent is on-boarded. imagine a side that plays without these three, dhobi and sehwag (must go, no mercy). it will be bad for indian cricket who won't even be able to draw series at home.

india has always depended on dravid and tendulkar (not sehwag, dhobi, laxman or ganguly) to amass runs away from home. in the last two series, both of them are not clicking at the same time and that is what is undoing india. and they don't click together partially because openers are not even playing 10 overs between them.

btw, i was the one who had once said that sehwag is one of the greatest indian batsman. i was premature. he is a flat track nawab and dust sultan who will plunder only at chepauk. he is not even a great. not at all.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:29 am

Another Brick wrote:

india has always depended on dravid and tendulkar (not sehwag, dhobi, laxman or ganguly) to amass runs away from home. in the last two series, both of them are not clicking at the same time and that is what is undoing india. .

huh! Where did this one come from, If I remember this right Laxman played key role in the last 2 test wins is South Africa unless you're only talking about amassing runs.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 am

yes, that's what i meant: amassing runs and not necessarily match-winning runs. dravid and SRT are the ones who amass runs outside the subcontinent and many of those matches resulted in draws.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 am

look at the table which is at the bottom of the page - http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/549930.html

the article is about sehwag's dust-sultan status but that table indicates who has been scoring runs outside the subcontinent.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down