Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To MaxEntropy

2 posters

Go down

To MaxEntropy Empty To MaxEntropy

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 pm

rashmun: we've been doing this kabuki dance for probably close to a decade now. in all that time neither have you changed my opinion about anything pertaining to language, nor have i yours. it's futile. let it go.

===> Then why do you continue to particpate in this language debate then?

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

To MaxEntropy Empty Re: To MaxEntropy

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:23 pm

i won't any longer for two reasons.

i have finally come to realize that rashmun is not an honest broker on matters pertaining to sanskrit. he has a singular agenda - anything to assert sanskritic primacy and in fact sanskritic exceptionalism in matters relating to indian culture. notice his latest tolkappiam posts. his only interest in tamil is to discredit its claim to antiquity. he doesn't have very much to say about other languages because tamil is the only threat to his worldview.

secondly he is impervious to logic and reason. he is welcome to talk to his echo.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:31 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i won't any longer for two reasons.

i have finally come to realize that rashmun is not an honest broker on matters pertaining to sanskrit. he has a singular agenda - anything to assert sanskritic primacy and in fact sanskritic exceptionalism in matters relating to indian culture. notice his latest tolkappiam posts. his only interest in tamil is to discredit its claim to antiquity. he doesn't have very much to say about other languages because tamil is the only threat to his worldview.

secondly he is impervious to logic and reason. he is welcome to talk to his echo.

i have no such agenda. my curiosity was aroused because of the vast discrepancy in the dating of the Tolkappiam from 8,000 BC to 10th CE. i am completely neutral about the antiquity of the Tolkappiam.

The dating of the earliest tamil grammatical work Tolkappiam has been debated much and it is still imprecise and uncertain and has seen wide disagreements amongst scholars in the field. It has been dated variously between 8000 BCE and 10th CE...As the Tolkappiyam is often claimed as the earliest extant work of Tamil literature, the dating of Tolkappiam is inherently tied to the dates ascribed to the birth and development of Tamil literature as a whole.

http://controversialhistory.blogspot.com/2007/05/myth-of-antiquity-of-tamil-language.html#.Tzv-I2A6Jz8

--------

Additionally, if i was really a sanskrit fanatic i would not be opposed to the hateful purging of commonly used words of persian origin from the Hindustani language and replacing them with more esoteric equivalent words of sanskritic origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:38 pm

The possibility should not be ruled out that the Tolkappiam is a layered text with some parts of it composed before the Christian era and some parts written much later. Never the less, only a fanatic would claim that even parts of the Tolkappiam were composed in 8,000 BC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down