Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eggs

4 posters

Go down

Eggs Empty Eggs

Post by Bittu Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:43 am

Eggs from BJs - a store like Costo. Yesterday I noticed that the eggs we buy - large- cost twice as much as the eggs in the next shelf, and those are extra large.

I asked my wife and she said "the more expensive eggs are fed vegetarian diet". What does that mean?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Eggs Empty Re: Eggs

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:58 am

Bittu wrote:Eggs from BJs - a store like Costo. Yesterday I noticed that the eggs we buy - large- cost twice as much as the eggs in the next shelf, and those are extra large.

I asked my wife and she said "the more expensive eggs are fed vegetarian diet". What does that mean?

Chickens are usually fed ground dry fish. i guess by nature they are vegetarian. Anyway, the eggs from the chickens fed on vegetarian diet are low in cholesterol and high in other nutrients like vit d, b12, e, b2, b5, omega 3 fatty acids and are 25% less in saturated fats. Well, all these are in egg yolk. if u throw away the yolk, there is no use. u might as well buy the regular eggs.

i buy Egg-land's Best eggs which are veggie fed. I use them when i use the yellow too (one can eat up to 4 yolks per week). I also buy the other kind, the cheaper ones. i throw away the yolks in them and use only the whites.

EDIT: btw, the cholesterol in egg-land's best eggs (veggie ones) is 58% compared to 71% in the non-veg fed ones.
For some reason, the egglands best eggs taste sooo much better than the regular ones. They advertise the same too on TV.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 am

wow.. you can write a thesis on this topic Kinnera. Thanks for the info.

PS: We buy TJs eggs which are advt free roaming,veg fed, omega-3 infused and pay a fortune.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:54 am

doofus_maximus wrote:wow.. you can write a thesis on this topic Kinnera.

that is not the correct way of showering of praise. the right way is, "wow...thanks"

or else you will not be showered with the return-praise, "gulti does ulti."

mind it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

that is not the correct way of showering of praise. the right way is, "wow...thanks"

mind it!

actually the correct way of showering praise in online discussions is Great post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:29 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:wow.. you can write a thesis on this topic Kinnera. Thanks for the info.

PS: We buy TJs eggs which are advt free roaming,veg fed, omega-3 infused and pay a fortune.

Thanks DM. It's actually a nice compliment, though I don't deserve it Smile. I took that info off the carton.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

mind it!

actually the correct way of showering praise in online discussions is Great post.

Great posts all around guys and gals.
Wow. Thanks.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:32 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

mind it!

Great posts all around guys and gals.
Wow. Thanks.

Nobody was paying Doffus enough attention so the way out is to start stalking me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 pm

wow. I didn't know any of this. We didn't eat too much egg anyway, but now since daughter has taken a fancy to cooking scrambled eggs, whenever she so fancies, will get the better ones.

thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:wow. I didn't know any of this. We didn't eat too much egg anyway, but now since daughter has taken a fancy to cooking scrambled eggs, whenever she so fancies, will get the better ones.

thanks!

is that how they speak in Bihar?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:wow. I didn't know any of this. We didn't eat too much egg anyway, but now since daughter has taken a fancy to cooking scrambled eggs, whenever she so fancies, will get the better ones.

thanks!

how? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

thanks!

how? scratch

like how you speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

thanks!

how? scratch

like how you speak.

wow. Since I find nothing amiss, I guess I am a clueless Biharan and don't know any other way to speak. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

thanks!

how? scratch

like how you speak.

wow. Since I find nothing amiss, I guess I am a clueless Biharan and don't know any other way to speak. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Great Post TW. Wow.

Have you been paying attention to me since I started stalking Rashmun? If not, please do.

Thanks.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:01 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

how? scratch

like how you speak.

Great Post TW. Wow.

Have you been paying attention to me since I started stalking Rashmun? If not, please do.

Thanks.

Great post Doffus!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

thanks!

how? scratch

like how you speak.

Great post
Tracy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

how? scratch

like how you speak.

Great post
Tracy.

Great post Rashu.
Great post DM.

wow2 thanks2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

how? scratch

like how you speak.

Great post
Tracy.

Great post Rashu.
Great post DM.

wow2 thanks2

Ditto.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 pm

kinnera wrote:
Bittu wrote:Eggs from BJs - a store like Costo. Yesterday I noticed that the eggs we buy - large- cost twice as much as the eggs in the next shelf, and those are extra large.

Chickens are usually fed ground dry fish. i guess by nature they are vegetarian. Anyway, the eggs from the chickens fed on vegetarian diet are low in cholesterol and high in other nutrients like vit d, b12, e, b2, b5, omega 3 fatty acids and are 25% less in saturated fats. Well, all these are in egg yolk. if u throw away the yolk, there is no use. u might as well buy the regular eggs.

i buy Egg-land's Best eggs which are veggie fed. I use them when i use the yellow too (one can eat up to 4 yolks per week). I also buy the other kind, the cheaper ones. i throw away the yolks in them and use only the whites.

EDIT: btw, the cholesterol in egg-land's best eggs (veggie ones) is 58% compared to 71% in the non-veg fed ones.
For some reason, the egglands best eggs taste sooo much better than the regular ones. They advertise the same too on TV.

>>>Didn't know this. For that matter haven't looked at the prices either and have been buying the extra large eggs at Costco. Need to look into this. Thanks.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:55 pm

why didn't you just ask your wife, why does this have to be a whole post!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks kin. Good info in here for sure. We eat a lot of eggs so I'll pay attention to the labels next trip.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down