Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do Tamils look down on Telugus?

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
chameli
6 posters

Go down

Why do Tamils look down on Telugus?  Empty Why do Tamils look down on Telugus?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:35 pm

A Gult wants to know why Tamils look down on Telugus:

http://forumhub.com/tlit/26973.14557.08.52.19.html

Back to top Go down

Why do Tamils look down on Telugus?  Empty Re: Why do Tamils look down on Telugus?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:A Gult wants to know why Tamils look down on Telugus:

The post by Desam2 is shocking. I hope most Gults do not share the views of Desam2.

Back to top Go down

Why do Tamils look down on Telugus?  Empty Re: Why do Tamils look down on Telugus?

Post by chameli Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 pm

from what i have seen here and in my town .Tamilians go a bit too far in proclaiming their superiority ..in many fields be it education , oldest culture , older language than Sanskrit etc

they chide the Telugus for showing off their wealth wearing too much gold and jazzy costly sarees

About movies Telugus beat them hollow ...they may protest all they want

but why is it important for Telugus to be accepted by the Tamils ?
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 pm

chameli wrote:from what i have seen here and in my town .Tamilians go a bit too far in proclaiming their superiority ..in many fields be it education , oldest culture , older language than Sanskrit etc

they chide the Telugus for showing off their wealth wearing too much gold and jazzy costly sarees

About movies Telugus beat them hollow ...they may protest all they want

but why is it important for Telugus to be accepted by the Tamils ?

of all the indians i have known, tamils are the warmest, kindest, and most affectionate of all. of course they are possessive about their language but the earliest literature of India is in sanskrit (Rig Veda, etc.) and then tamil (Sangam literature). also the most magnificent temples in India today are in tamil nadu (vast majority of magnificent hindu temples in north india were destroyed by early muslim invaders) and in these temples you have tamil inscriptions on the walls. This arouses a certain reverence for the language.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Please book mark this thread:

We tamilians think that we are way wya superior to the Naarthies, and especially the heavily iSalamized, heartland UPwallas - who we tend to look a little lower than our dogs.

Once, I traveled in Naarth India and two UPwallas sitting next to me in the bus agreed that they are lower than Dogs in Tamil Nadu.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:35 pm

rashmun ,

good to know but that hasn't been my experience

warmest and kindest to me are the Gujaratis
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

We tamilians think that we are way wya superior to the Naarthies, and especially the heavily iSalamized, heartland UPwallas - who we tend to look a little lower than our dogs.

Once, I traveled in Naarth India and two UPwallas sitting next to me in the bus agreed that they are lower than Dogs in Tamil Nadu.

Nawab of Arcot disagrees with your assessment. Nawab did not permit an exhibition of Aurangzeb to held in Chennai because he felt it was being unfair towards Aurangzeb and focussing on his misdeeds and not on his good deeds.

Arcot Nawabs of Tamil Nadu were originally representatives of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. Arcot Nawabs used to rule over large portions of present day Tamil Nadu including Chennai. Arcot Nawabs brought North Indian culture to Chennai:

Anwar said that that Madras always
had a history with the nawabs because most of their families were sent
here to live. Later, in the 1750s, Mohammed Ali Wallajah shifted the
capital from Arcot to Madras and he shifted residence here. He was
credited with building the Chepauk Palace. "You could say that the north
Indian population both Hindu and Muslim in Chennai is because of the
nawabs. With the nawabs came the armies and the courtesans and that
brought in the culture and the arts of the north to the south," said
Anwar.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-08-26/chennai/28296789_1_arcot-madras-week-celebrations-siege

Arcot Nawab continues to enjoy a lavish lifestyle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Nawab of Arcot disagrees with your assessment. Nawab did not permit an exhibition of Aurangzeb to held in Chennai because he felt it was being unfair towards Aurangzeb and focussing on his misdeeds and not on his good deeds.

Arcot Nawabs of Tamil Nadu were originally representatives of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. Arcot Nawabs used to rule over large portions of present day Tamil Nadu including Chennai. Arcot Nawabs brought North Indian culture to Chennai:

Anwar.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-08-26/chennai/28296789_1_arcot-madras-week-celebrations-siege

Andhra was created in 1954.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Anwar.

Andhra was created in 1954.

Arcot Nawabs never controlled areas in modern AP to the best of my knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:55 am

is this the differentiation and disintegration thread?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Why do Tamils look down on Telugus?  Empty Why you think so?

Post by shimh Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:53 am

[quote="Rashmun"]A Gult wants to know why Tamils look down on Telugus:

Only you think like that (Tamils looking down upon them). Telugus are the closest to Tamils. I like them very much. FYI I am a Tamil. In fact my closest girls friend is a Teluguite (alas she is already married when I saw her and have a child but our affection for each of us continues). Both of us are Engineers. Do you know I became her close friend within 3 days of seeing her.

I opted to lift her in my two wheeler the very third day of our meeting and though initially she refused (or pretended to refuse I believe), but later agreed to sit as pillion rider. While on the wheeler she asked me for a treat and I did oblige her.

This is not the first time I am coming across a sweet and charming Telugu lady. Once I was standing in a que for ticket buying in Hyderabad railway station one young girl was looking at me. I know by intuition she wants to indicate she is in love with me.

These are only samples of instances I am giving.

shimh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 am

welcome to such shimh. here are a few things you might want to know:

(i) we are an un-moderated discussion board. although we have an administrator, he rarely logs in unless there is an emergency. this manner of running this board is by popular consensus.

(ii) you might want to set your online status to "hidden." right now your status is not set to "hidden" and members can see when you logged in last. if you want to hide it (the choice is yours), go to profile (a tab on top of the page) --> preferences --> click "yes" to "hide my online staus"

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:31 am

shimh wrote:
This is not the first time I am coming across a sweet and charming Telugu lady. Once I was standing in a que for ticket buying in Hyderabad railway station one young girl was looking at me. I know by intuition she wants to indicate she is in love with me.

or it could be that you had your fly open, and she was politely indicating to you that your fly is open.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:32 am

Shimh, if u r for real, then you are a DISGRACE to entire tamil race. Shame on you. Such bad English?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:34 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:Shimh, if u r for real, then you are a DISGRACE to entire tamil race. Shame on you. Such bad English?

or maybe he is whatsherface's (i really forgot her handle name!) sasthi's english teacher.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:07 pm

shimh wrote:This is not the first time I am coming across a sweet and charming Telugu lady.
once, i too came across a sweet and charming telugu lady.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:Shimh, if u r for real, then you are a DISGRACE to entire tamil race. Shame on you. Such bad English?

or maybe he is whatsherface's (i really forgot her handle name!) sasthi's english teacher.

Hello Mama (Sorry these days all I think of it is java/bava/mama/tama/sama/coma/dama/rama/Rama!)

He is not! Again, My English is much better than his.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by shimh Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:56 pm

What attracted me is her lips shape color and texture (I am talking about that Sweet Telugu girl). It is not a disgrace but it is a pride. I am really proud to walk around with that girl.

shimh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down