Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reason enough to break-up?

+4
charvaka
Propagandhi711
Impedimenta
SomeProfile
8 posters

Go down

Reason enough to break-up? Empty Reason enough to break-up?

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 12, 2011 6:10 pm

She: I am thinking of getting a new phone one of these days. The kind that I can check my email on and browse the Internet.

Me: Let me know when you are actually ready to shop for one. I might have a few suggestions for a great phone, with great service at the best possible rate.

She: The iPhone seems to be good...

Me (internally alarmed, but with calm voice): It is alright, but Android phones are better.

She: You never let me play with your Android phone, but your screen doesn't look much different from the iPhone my friends use.

Me (still trying to appear open-minded and not pushy): Yeah, for most of your use cases (who the hell uses the phrase 'use case' when talking to a girl?) there may not be much difference between the two phones, but you should still seriously consider Android. It is a much more open system, you could install apps from many different places, you could install custom ROMs, Google will come up with more new and awesome services that will work first on Android, may be you should hang on till the Ice Cream Sandwich release...

She (with a totally blank expression on her face): Actually, I have kinda decided on the iPhone.

Me: Decided? I thought you were just thinking of getting a new phone. You have already decided on the iPhone? Why the iPhone?

She: All the cool kids in my college have the iPhone. I think I am going to get it. I don't want Android.

At this point, so many strong and disturbing emotions go through my head, I am unable to say a single word and I clam up. A person in my own life getting an iPhone on my watch? And rejecting Android? And since when did she want to be one of the 'cool kids'? In the first place, she seemed cool to me and I liked her precisely because she is not one of the typical college cool kids. I remember the people who referred to themselves as the 'cool kids' when I was in college and they were usually the douchebags.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Reason enough to break-up? Empty Re: Reason enough to break-up?

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 6:18 pm

She: All the cool kids in my college have the iPhone. I think I am going to get it. I don't want Android.

You are dating a college girl? Shocked

Anyways, not like you are Seineld or George. Carry on. At least hope she gets the verizon coverage.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:You are dating a college girl? Shocked

It's more drama than you can imagine. I had my one and only real Indo-Pak fight - we are talking real physical altercation with a Paki - because of her. That story deserves its own post.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu May 12, 2011 6:43 pm

dude, there are several androidans[sane people] in the sea. time to say goodbye. i lovethis drama. wait, let me get myself some more coffee.

here, give her this...

flower

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 12, 2011 7:08 pm

the female species should be evaluated for mating strictly on the merit of firmness of the butt and tautness of skin, not on technological prowess. repeat this 10 times.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu May 12, 2011 7:10 pm

I agree with impy time to move on.

Impy you have to stop giving that flower to everyone.

Ps: my wife had a serious agilent with me once that I would get a blackberry. haven't broken up. Yet.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 7:13 pm

charvaka what words are you typing today, kasia, agilent..... why is my vocabulary so bad? are you baiting the kkd....

the only way to bait him is to use big words, but incorrectly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 7:57 pm

the last thing she needs right now is another person forcing his choice/decision on her. good enuf reason to break up. watch out!!

didnt u say her paki team mate bosses her around ? she deserves to buy wat she wants to.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu May 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:charvaka what words are you typing today, kasia, agilent..... why is my vocabulary so bad? are you baiting the kkd....

the only way to bait him is to use big words, but incorrectly!
No I am using swype on my phone.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 12, 2011 8:19 pm

It's just a phone. I have iphone and moto xoom...so?

and also getting nook color...so? I also use some devices to test android apps...yikes I am developing a few...so? (Still testing...)

But I find Iphone is user friendly and cool toggling phone ever....

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Sasthi wrote:It's just a phone. I have iphone and moto xoom...so?

and also getting nook color...so? I also use some devices to test android apps...yikes I am developing a few...so? (Still testing...)

So? So? Are you trying to seduce me with all the sizzling technical claims in this post? You cruel woman...

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Thu May 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Sasthi wrote:It's just a phone. I have iphone and moto xoom...so?

Xoom and Nook are doomed now. Iphone will probably survive your luck. Smile
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 pm

SomeProfile wrote:She: I am thinking of getting a new phone one of these days. The kind that I can check my email on and browse the Internet.

Me: Let me know when you are actually ready to shop for one. I might have a few suggestions for a great phone, with great service at the best possible rate.

She: The iPhone seems to be good...

Me (internally alarmed, but with calm voice): It is alright, but Android phones are better.

She: You never let me play with your Android phone, but your screen doesn't look much different from the iPhone my friends use.

Me (still trying to appear open-minded and not pushy): Yeah, for most of your use cases (who the hell uses the phrase 'use case' when talking to a girl?) there may not be much difference between the two phones, but you should still seriously consider Android. It is a much more open system, you could install apps from many different places, you could install custom ROMs, Google will come up with more new and awesome services that will work first on Android, may be you should hang on till the Ice Cream Sandwich release...

She (with a totally blank expression on her face): Actually, I have kinda decided on the iPhone.

Me: Decided? I thought you were just thinking of getting a new phone. You have already decided on the iPhone? Why the iPhone?

At this point, so many strong and disturbing emotions go through my head, I am unable to say a single word and I clam up. A person in my own life getting an iPhone on my watch? And rejecting Android? And since when did she want to be one of the 'cool kids'? In the first place, she seemed cool to me and I liked her precisely because she is not one of the typical college cool kids. I remember the people who referred to themselves as the 'cool kids' when I was in college and they were usually the douchebags.

how can this woman say no to an android without even giving it a thought? i am really disturbed by the turn of events in your life.

flower

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri May 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Hahaha. When I clicked on this post, there was 'dic lit - coz we can' in the similar topics list at the bottom.

And SP actually writes chick-lit.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri May 13, 2011 3:58 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:Hahaha. When I clicked on this post, there was 'dic lit - coz we can' in the similar topics list at the bottom.

And SP actually writes chick-lit.
Hey. I thought I killed the Similar Topics thing at the bottom. Why are you still seeing it?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm

You know what, I can't see it now. Did you just kill it?

I saw it, lol'ed and logged in to post a reply. Then I couldn't find it. So I logged off to look for it and still couldn't find it. What a way to keep myself occupied!

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri May 13, 2011 4:04 pm

charvaka wrote:
Hey. I thought I killed the Similar Topics thing at the bottom. Why are you still seeing it?

me too was wondering about the same thing..

i thought you disabled it.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri May 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Ok, so you will still see similar topics if you are not logged in. Although, I think those topics constantly change based on the content and replies.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down