Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving directions - reason enough to break up?

+4
Rekz
Hellsangel
artood2
SomeProfile
8 posters

Go down

Driving directions - reason enough to break up? Empty Driving directions - reason enough to break up?

Post by SomeProfile Sat May 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Going to party tonight at some remote location, hosted and attended by friends of the GS (Graduate Student). Have no idea of even the general location of the place. She talks to someone on the phone to get directions and then calls me with the following. Note that there is no street address or even city/town information anywhere in the directions.

1. Go on I-nnn that goes to City A, we should go towards City B. (A and B are in totally opposite directions on the freeway from where we will be starting).

2. Take road C that is numbered m. (Checked the map, road C and highway m are totally different roads. At some point, road C seems to join highway m, but that seems to be miles and miles away from where we are supposed to exit. Worse, after taking the exit, I am not even sure which direction to drive on road C - it goes on both sides of the freeway).

3. You'll find a Stop sign - Go straight through it until you see a gas station.

4. Drive through small town with a school, cemetery, etc.

5. On the left side will be a sign that says horse - turn right drive 4-5 miles

6. Pass through another stop sign

7. Just keep on going on it and you will see a big house at the end of the road.

I feel totally clueless with the above directions and text to the GS that I want to talk to her friend who gave the directions. GS replies with: "No worries!" What does that even mean? I don't want to get lost in some woods in the darkness. At this point, assuming that I somehow manage to take the right exit from the freeway, I am not even sure I can notice the signs in points 3 through 7 above while driving in the darkness, out in the boonies.

Finally GS talks to the friend again and calls me back to say we will just follow the friend to the place. Only problem - the friend is going to the place several HOURS before the party starts in order to help set things up. Best case scenario: there is plenty of work to do to help set things up and I will be busy. Worst case scenario: I will be sitting on my hands, thoroughly bored listening to a couple of latinas chatter away in Spanish without understanding anything they are saying.

Why didn't GS get proper, useful directions? Why didn't GS let me speak to the friend and get the directions? Why is GS not doing the most logical thing here and instead doing the most stereotypical feminine thing? Reasons enough to break up?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Driving directions - reason enough to break up? Empty Re: Driving directions - reason enough to break up?

Post by artood2 Sat May 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Do it already. Which BF does not have a GPS or a phone with GPS! No girl should tolerate such a technology deficient BF.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Driving directions - reason enough to break up? Empty Re: Driving directions - reason enough to break up?

Post by Hellsangel Sat May 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Just break up already!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Sat May 28, 2011 6:04 pm

artood2 wrote:Do it already. Which BF does not have a GPS or a phone with GPS! No girl should tolerate such a technology deficient BF.

That's exactly my point...
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 28, 2011 7:09 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Going to party tonight at some remote location, hosted and attended by friends of the GS (Graduate Student). Have no idea of even the general location of the place. She talks to someone on the phone to get directions and then calls me with the following. Note that there is no street address or even city/town information anywhere in the directions.

Marry her. She is an ideal wifey material.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 30, 2011 3:49 am

i think she has given you enough reasons to break up. go right ahead with it. but it is only prudent to break up after she performs pole dancing for you.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 am

Another Brick wrote:i think she has given you enough reasons to break up. go right ahead with it. but it is only prudent to break up after she performs pole dancing for you.

Pole dancing? Where does this come from?

SP, find out he friends name from white pages, or do phone lookup, if you can and get the address. Then chalk it out from maps.google.

Maybe worth the effort if she can pole dance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:51 am

Wait. This was posted two days ago. Maybe sp is already there or lost or single.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 am

ms trivedi, in the episode that was aired in the last week, it was revealed that the said GS was inclined to take pole dancing classes. just like vikram aur betal* stories, there was a query - "reason enough to break up?" - at the end of it.

vikram vikram vikram vikram, betaal betaal betaal betaal = scary.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 9:57 am

Another Brick wrote:ms trivedi, in the episode that was aired in the last week, it was revealed that the said GS was inclined to take pole dancing classes. just like vikram aur betal* stories, there was a query - "reason enough to break up?" - at the end of it.

Aha ok. I been missing posts on CH. Good sign or bad sign?

Lol at vikram betal. I also have weird scary memories of those as a kid. Did it come on Sundays? Maybe the fact of tests or missing homeworks added to the fear factor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 30, 2011 10:57 am

Sunday afternoons, before World of Sport. Or was it after WoS?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon May 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Another Brick wrote:ms trivedi, in the episode that was aired in the last week, it was revealed that the said GS was inclined to take pole dancing classes. just like vikram aur betal* stories, there was a query - "reason enough to break up?" - at the end of it.

LOL @ vikram betaal. Soon SP will add to his stories, "if you think you know the answer, you must give it to me; otherwise your head will explode."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down