Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nokia, microsoft and AT&T

3 posters

Go down

Nokia, microsoft and AT&T Empty Nokia, microsoft and AT&T

Post by Impedimenta Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:18 pm

= lumia 900:-)

not bad at all:-) despite the "issues" with data access and MS's 100 dollar credit give away, the phone looked cool and the users[several colleagues have switched] are loving it.

The screen is gorgeous, colors are bright and vivid. The only downside so far is that I was not really blown away by the camera. I was expecting more. of course, Microsoft will not go too far in the mobile space. No matter how nice or cool it is, people are going to prefer iPhone and Android over Microsoft. however it manages to strike "a" balance between the too rigid iphone and the too open android.

win 7 and win 8 have been technically well received. my colleague[an iphone user] made an analogy which i found very funny. he said that the iPhone is the steak, Android is the seafood, and Windows is just an item off the dollar menu:-)

one advantage is that the WP offers corp. integrated security, and is always willing to work with corp. partners. the other two won't.

will it sustain?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Nokia, microsoft and AT&T Empty Re: Nokia, microsoft and AT&T

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Impedimenta wrote:No matter how nice or cool it is, people are going to prefer iPhone and Android over Microsoft.
Reassuring Smile.

Impedimenta wrote:he said that the iPhone is the steak, Android is the seafood, and Windows is just an item off the dollar menu:-)
That's a good bottomline observation.

Impedimenta wrote:one advantage is that the WP offers corp. integrated security, and is always willing to work with corp. partners. the other two won't.

will it sustain?
Even my Android phone offers corporate security -- whenever I load a new ROM and login to corporate email, I have to accept security policies that say my phone and SD card will be wiped if it is lost. So I think Microsoft's positioning is weak even on this one. In terms of sustainability in the mobile space, I think the Lumia is too little too late.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 am

nokia ms, at&t these are three of my favorite shittiest companies.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down