Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's for breakfast?

4 posters

Go down

what's for breakfast? Empty what's for breakfast?

Post by Impedimenta Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:15 am

i have to start this today given the no of people staying over at impy's bed and breakfast and lunch and dinner. So there is a batch cooking adai and avial with ravai idlis and arachuvitta sambar on one end. i think my aunt is thinking of making dosais as well. there is this other batch cooking up pancakes, eggs and bagels with freshly squeezed orange juice.

and i was thinking of settling down with a bowl of fruits and oatmeal. going to be a tough dance class for me with all this food:-)

i have a singer cousin who mesmerized us with a version of this song

and all this company was so unexpected! so, what you all doing/eating this sunday morning?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

what's for breakfast? Empty Re: what's for breakfast?

Post by Maria S Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:35 am

Menaka,

The menu seems delicious! It's a simple breakfast here..made some toast and veggie combo omelets. Getting ready to go to late mass at Church, and to a restaurant for a nice lunch..will come home and relax (that's the plan!)

Enjoy your day!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 am

Impedimenta wrote:i have to start this today given the no of people staying over at impy's bed and breakfast and lunch and dinner. So there is a batch cooking adai and avial with ravai idlis and arachuvitta sambar on one end. i think my aunt is thinking of making dosais as well. there is this other batch cooking up pancakes, eggs and bagels with freshly squeezed orange juice.

and all this company was so unexpected! so, what you all doing/eating this sunday morning?

your exhibitionism notwithstanding, and inspite of the excesses, I'd n't mind sneaking in your bed and breakfast establishment..

at my roof, quinoa pongal and eggplant puLi koottu and cucumber pachadi ..any other egg content is an abhacharam lady.. BTW what adai..plain or with vendayakeerai or onion or mint ..I think the avial adai combo is actually a disaster.. you never get to taste the adai's identity..its not exactly rice or ravai you know that do not have any distinct attractive taste of their own..

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

all your breakfasts sound good. Had tea with about 7 parle g biscuits in the morning. Having naan with paneer butter masala now (outsourced).

K, maybe not so healthy. But my dinner last night was one full cucumber, sliced; wonly alu-sabzi (no other carbs with it); hot choc milk; and later, frozen ras malai that tasted like kulfi.

I did have two lunches y'day though. one at home at 10:30 - alu sabzi w methi paratha. Thought this would be it, but then got asked out for an indian buffet - chaat, chicken biryani, goat curry, chicken curry, paneer masala, chicken tandoori, dal makhani (yummm), buttered tandoori rotis. That followed by cozy power nap.

Damn I eat a lot. I guess I should start the day with eating as little as possible, coz u never know what kinda food may come your way later in the day, and it would be hard to give up on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:20 pm

start the day with eating as little
as possible, coz u never know what kinda food may come your way later in
the day
, and it would be hard to give up on.

>>>"Fortune favors the prepared mind" Trace!
Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down