Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

amir khan's satyamev jayate

5 posters

Go down

amir khan's satyamev jayate Empty amir khan's satyamev jayate

Post by Bittu Sun May 06, 2012 5:53 pm

watching it. shyt is hard to watch. but still gotta watch it. the times we live in...

Bittu

Back to top Go down

amir khan's satyamev jayate Empty Re: amir khan's satyamev jayate

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 07, 2012 11:23 am

I am getting rave reviews from everyone. Should try and look for episodes on youtube.

But the content sounds very depressing.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon May 07, 2012 11:37 am

yea I think he wants to bring the ills of indian society up to the surface and hatch an action plan to address them. No idea what his success rate is going to be, but it's definitely a great step forward. each episode is going to address a different topic, and yes, they're probably all going to be tough to watch.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 07, 2012 11:41 am

I read on r/India that Aamir is getting 3 crores per episode. WOW. Sounds like exploitation to me. May be that is the going rate for hosting any kind of show.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 08, 2012 2:10 am

doofus_maximus wrote:But the content sounds very depressing.

it is. it is a festival of tears. not a dry eye in the live audience.

there'll be 13 episodes in all. i am interested to know what he'll talk about apart from corruption, child labor, child molestation, child marriage and dowry in those 13 episodes.

finally, after hazare's fasts, there is something that people can talk about over double espresso, frappuchinomottolatte, machiatolottomottokyoto and mandarin herbal jasmine tea with basil and lemon grass. why, they even have something to "like" or "+1" on social networking sites.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 8:31 am

Another Brick wrote:

finally, after hazare's fasts, there is something that people can talk about over double espresso, frappuchinomottolatte, machiatolottomottokyoto and mandarin herbal jasmine tea with basil and lemon grass. why, they even have something to "like" or "+1" on social networking sites.

Hmm. Can see the futility of this show already. Amir Khan and the network will make millions. And life will be back to normal until the next big show jolts them up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 08, 2012 9:09 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Hmm. Can see the futility of this show already. Amir Khan and the network will make millions. And life will be back to normal until the next big show jolts them up.

there are several such discussions on loak sabha (the name of the show is Asmita, I think) and other channels. nobody watches them. since this is amir khan, there are more viewers for the show. i bet 95% of the people who watched the show are already aware of the issue. 100% of the viewers will hope that something happens for good and then forget all about it soon after. but then you have to give it to amir khan for trying to create awareness about such things when other monkeys in bollywood are hosting some stupid game shows.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:14 am

ya. well, and in amir khan's defense, what more can he do really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 08, 2012 9:20 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:ya. well, and in amir khan's defense, what more can he do really.

true. and he has no illusions about it either.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:35 am

it's good what he is doing. the awareness of these issues will reach the masses, many illiterate, who do not read newspapers and many who will watch it for the sake of aamir khan. awareness itself carries benefits that may lead to change.

AB did you mean asmita on lok sabha channel or loak sabha?

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 08, 2012 9:38 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:AB did you mean asmita on lok sabha channel or loak sabha?

right, lok sabha. but i prefer to spell it as loak sabha. just can't bring myself to spelling it as lok sabha.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 am

i'm planning to watch it too. which indian channel broadcasts it? web links? folks back home are talking about it too. is the hindi too highfalutin, or just conversational? will i need a translation service?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 08, 2012 9:50 am

good old doordarshan and star. i was doing elliptical and reading a book when this show was on, and haven't watched all of it. but from what i recall, the hindi used in this show is not difficult to understand.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 am

it's on star plus. there are dubbed versions in other languages too. you can watch the first episode here and decide for yourself if the hindi is hifalutin: http://www.durgaworld.com/2012/05/satyamev-jayate-full-episode-1-video.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:52 am

here's one. for later, search 'satyamev jayate .. and the sunday date, like 6th may 2012'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:53 am

wait... what days does it air? HK's is May 5th.. I found may 6th.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:56 am

sundays 11 AM on star plus. don't know about DD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 9:58 am

so the first episode was on may 6th? In that case, will search on youtube.

I prefer youtube to anything else. spyware threats on other sites.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 08, 2012 9:59 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:it's on star plus. there are dubbed versions in other languages too. you can watch the first episode here and decide for yourself if the hindi is hifalutin: http://www.durgaworld.com/2012/05/satyamev-jayate-full-episode-1-video.html

bookmarked to watch later. watched about two mins of it and i am able to follow most of it. i usually miss the urdu-ized words. that's usually my problem. if this is how it will be, don't think i'll need dubbed versions.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 10:04 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:here's one. for later, search 'satyamev jayate .. and the sunday date, like 6th may 2012'

OMG! It's about female foeticide! I dunno if i'll be able to watch the rest of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:here's one. for later, search 'satyamev jayate .. and the sunday date, like 6th may 2012'

your link and mine are for the same show aired on 6th may.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
I prefer youtube to anything else.

agreed 100%. even i am watching it on youtube. not too keen on spending sunday prime time watching this. or maybe i'll use tata sky's recording feature for a change. hmm.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Tue May 08, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 am

LOL, in the title song, they show some school kids waving at him, and him waving back at them from the car. (3:52) In my head a lil voice screams, 'Pedofile!'. LOL. this country sure screws u up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 11:30 am

just watched it.

Understood with what intention was this started back in the 70s, to do population control. People then would keep on having 2-4-6 girls just to get 1 or 2 boys. Idea must have been to do this for those who already have girls, and now wants a boy. who can predict what turn these things take.

Take example of China. There they allowed having second babies only if the first was a girl. So people began abandoning second girls, for another chance at having a boy. And hence major orphange issues there.

Liked the positive attitude of Amir among all this. His motto has always been, 'don't just state the problem, become part of the solution'.

Loved the Punjab's district's example. Under an honest, visionary, and assertive leader, so much can be achieved.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue May 08, 2012 9:44 pm

A

Loved the Punjab's district's example. Under an honest, visionary, and assertive leader, so much can be achieved.[/quote]

I think Amir was trying to say it is the people. Aam admi. The point he made was when ordinary people come together they can change their world. Leaders have a tendency to go corrupt.

Good show. You can gp to.his web site www.satyamevajayte.in and express your solidarity.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 12:44 am

i am at http://satyamevjayate.in/
but i don't see where we can post comments and videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down