Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

satyamev jayate 2nd episode

Go down

satyamev jayate 2nd episode Empty satyamev jayate 2nd episode

Post by Bittu Mon May 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Did you guys see it? It's on child abuse.

Kudos to Amir for bringing these real, burning topics to the forefront. For making the Indian populace sit up and acknowledge the ills of India instead of brushing everything under the carpet. That said, did you watch the child abuse episode?

I had a BIG problem with the section where some psychologist talks about a man molesting his two year old grand daughter. The psychologist goes "Since this is a family issue, they may or may not take this to the police and that's ok because the family doesn't want to lose respect in society. What is important is that the man should be told that this molestation has to stop and it can't continue in the future. Yeh aage nahi chalega"

Are you fucking srs? The man needs to be castrated, publicly outed and jailed for the rest of his wretched life. What do you mean "yeh aage nahi chalega"?? I had a big problem with this, and for the first time in my life, wrote a letter (email) to a bollywood celebrity.

kthanxbai, Bittu

Bittu

Back to top Go down

satyamev jayate 2nd episode Empty Re: satyamev jayate 2nd episode

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 8:34 pm

I had a BIG problem with the section where some psychologist talks about
a man molesting his two year old grand daughter. The psychologist goes
"Since this is a family issue, they may or may not take this to the
police and that's ok because the family doesn't want to lose respect in
society. What is important is that the man should be told that this
molestation has to stop and it can't continue in the future. Yeh aage
nahi chalega
"

This is as sick as the old sick bastid molesting his two yr old (omg, a li'l toddler!) grand daughter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 9:26 am

watching it now. here's the youtube for those interested:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 10:18 am

oh wow, there is absolutely no law regarding child abuse in India! In courts, or police, or medical... And high court dismissed the case citing that oral sex does not conclude as rape, as there was no penetration! Shocked (on a lighter note, Clinton would have loved to hear this).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 10:47 am

finished watching.

Had read a lot about it in various magazines or newspaper editorials growing up too (even though I was too young to be reading such articles), and that was shocking, but have always been aware of it.

And at home also, it was a pretty openly discussed topic (thanks to parents and older sibs). And so wasn't that unaware back then either.

On top of it, after having watched numerous Oprah's and such on the topic, I think the show and the issue was still in its infancy stage.

So much more have been covered in this country (USA) in terms of examples and laws, child psychology, and school sex-ed. Also parental sex-abuse, which they didn't even go into Amir's show, as I suppose it would have been too much to take for now.

But still, a good start. Great awareness. And a great time to push for that bill.

The biggest plus for me was that 1098 line, and their case that took ten years to win, but a victory nevertheless.

Another plus was the guy who had studied such criminals, and how they operate, and the park case study. He was the only one who mentioned the term pedofile in the entire show. Wish they could take more time actually demo'ing such case studies, like they do in the shows here.

Regarding Amir, I think he has studied Oprah at length, and the whole show has that feel to it, including the celebrity guest surprises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down