Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HK - Sathya's email about the feasibility of Sulekha CH

3 posters

Go down

HK - Sathya's email about the feasibility of Sulekha CH Empty HK - Sathya's email about the feasibility of Sulekha CH

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 am

Hey HK! Do you intend to publish Sathya's email to you in which he told you that they are evaluating the feasibility of supporting Sulekha CH in the future? From what you showed me, it clearly sounded like they are considering discontinuing Sulekha CH and just looking for a positive way to spin its retirement. Was that your understanding also from the letter? I'd be interested to see if other members of this forum understand it the same way. So, may be you could post it for everybody to see or did Sathya swear you to not do that?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

HK - Sathya's email about the feasibility of Sulekha CH Empty Re: HK - Sathya's email about the feasibility of Sulekha CH

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 16, 2011 1:26 am

That is why I ate diplomacy. Why not simply come out and tell CHers that the site is kaput. Or, it will be supported.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

HK - Sathya's email about the feasibility of Sulekha CH Empty Re: HK - Sathya's email about the feasibility of Sulekha CH

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 1:38 am

SomeProfile wrote:Hey HK! Do you intend to publish Sathya's email to you in which he told you that they are evaluating the feasibility of supporting Sulekha CH in the future? From what you showed me, it clearly sounded like they are considering discontinuing Sulekha CH and just looking for a positive way to spin its retirement. Was that your understanding also from the letter? I'd be interested to see if other members of this forum understand it the same way. So, may be you could post it for everybody to see or did Sathya swear you to not do that?

i never got such an email from satya. i got 2 emails from him and i published them here:

https://such.forumotion.com/t33-a-toast#505

and

https://such.forumotion.com/t33-a-toast#3473

my understanding is that they don't want to put money into CH (which they will have to 'cos they realize they need to write a new program -- band aids aren't working) and they are not able to excise it from sulekha ('cos of technical reasons). so they will let it be as it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 am

Are you drunk or what? You don't remember sending me a note with just paragraph copy-pasted? I just replied to that note... check it. If you don't want to post the letter, just say it. I will understand.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 1:53 am

*deleted*

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Mon May 16, 2011 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 am

can we drop the subject? i forwarded the message to you in strict confidentiality last night. tia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 4:07 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:can we drop the subject? i forwarded the message to you in strict confidentiality last night. tia.

What a surprise. Didnt you argue not so long ago that even something a CHer or (even a friend ) tells you in confidence is up for grabs and you will use it/ publicise it as you please and that if they wanted the information to be secret, they never should have confided in you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 4:22 am

true. but there was a caveat. the information should not be leaked (discretion should be exercised) if the information might 'cos harm to me or others. suffice it to say that i do not want SP to stoke panic here by leaking info. that was for his eyes only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon May 16, 2011 4:27 am

Why will the news of Sulekha CH's continuance in its current state of disrepair of Sulekha CH stoke panic here??

And what could be in that mail that might cause harm to you or others? You normally delete sensitive portions anyway...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 4:30 am

i sent you a copy by PM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down