Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Charvaka unilaterally remove older posts from forum archives?

Go down

Did Charvaka unilaterally remove older posts from forum archives? Empty Re: Did Charvaka unilaterally remove older posts from forum archives?

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 8:44 pm

https://such.forumotion.com/t2-welcome-to-the-new-ch

Yet another instance of you going berserk first by assuming I have done something horrible, before looking at what's actually happening.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Did Charvaka unilaterally remove older posts from forum archives? Empty Re: Did Charvaka unilaterally remove older posts from forum archives?

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 pm

panini press wrote:https://such.forumotion.com/t2-welcome-to-the-new-ch

Yet another instance of you going berserk first by assuming I have done something horrible, before looking at what's actually happening.

it is possible to access older posts by googling. but it is not possible to access older posts (i.e. posts older than April 26, 2012) by going through the profile page of a forum poster as was possible earlier. i am only asking whether you tinkered with the archives settings. you can say yes or no and we can check up whether forumotion is to blame for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:

it is possible to access older posts by googling. but it is not possible to access older posts (i.e. posts older than April 26, 2012) by going through the profile page of a forum poster as was possible earlier. i am only asking whether you tinkered with the archives settings. you can say yes or no and we can check up whether forumotion is to blame for this.
No, your current approach is more entertaining. First assume that I did something bad, go berserk and then I will make fun of you.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 8:59 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

No, your current approach is more entertaining. First assume that I did something bad, go berserk and then I will make fun of you.

Please continue to entertain me by lying and slandering me which inevitably ends up leaving egg on your face. Like your recent hilarious claim that i consider Aurangzeb to be secular.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

also, i never assumed you had tinkered with the forum archives though of course i did not exclude the possibility. even the title of this thread has a question mark in it indicating that i am not assuming you did it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

also, i never assumed you had tinkered with the forum archives though of course i did not exclude the possibility. even the title of this thread has a question mark in it indicating that i am not assuming you did it.

So Charvaka, you really do have to answer this question: have you tinkered around with the archives settings? Why can't posters on this forum no longer view posts by a poster older than April 26, 2012 by going to the profile page of that poster?

if you are unable to have a normal interaction with someone with who you picked a fight in the first place, please hand over Admin power to someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 2:11 am

Rashmun wrote:
So Charvaka, you really do have to answer this question: have you tinkered around with the archives settings? Why can't posters on this forum no longer view posts by a poster older than April 26, 2012 by going to the profile page of that poster?

rashmun, i think this is the fallout of a new rule applicable to all boards. i do not know the particulars of the rule or which administering/regulating body made this mandatory. earlier you could access all older posts using the inbuilt search program of various boards. now almost all boards limit the results to the last so many pages. of course, you can access them via google, which means they are archived but the inbuilt search program or, alternatively, a poster's "history" of posts is subject to a cut off. you can try other boards and find for yourself that this is true across all boards (viz either the search is limited or poster's "history" is limited or both).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 7:09 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

rashmun, i think this is the fallout of a new rule applicable to all boards. i do not know the particulars of the rule or which administering/regulating body made this mandatory. earlier you could access all older posts using the inbuilt search program of various boards. now almost all boards limit the results to the last so many pages. of course, you can access them via google, which means they are archived but the inbuilt search program or, alternatively, a poster's "history" of posts is subject to a cut off. you can try other boards and find for yourself that this is true across all boards (viz either the search is limited or poster's "history" is limited or both).

this is what i wanted to know. thanks. earlier i was able to access all my posts so this new rule took me by surprise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down