Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All those who have issues with me should leave this forum: Charvaka

+2
Idéfix
doofus_maximus
6 posters

Go down

All those who have issues with me should leave this forum: Charvaka Empty All those who have issues with me should leave this forum: Charvaka

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 am

panini press wrote:
If you believe I have mala fide intentions, why do you entrust me with your IP address? Your claims of disbelief in me are not backed up by your own actions. If I distrust the administrator of any webiste, I don't visit that site, period. Despite your bombast to the contrary, you have a very high level of trust in my integrity. And that trust has never been violated, or you wouldn't continue to visit here voluntarily and risk exposing your information to someone who violated your trust.

https://such.forumotion.com/t6364-petition-to-remove-charvaka-as-admin-of-this-forum#50070

----
Charvaka's message is loud and clear. It seems that his original claim that he will be an Admin only in name was just a bluff to get everyone to trust him. The poster Some Profile had wanted ex-Sulekha members to move to a forum with no Admin power for any poster, because of his fear of abuse of Admin powers. His words have returned to haunt this forum.

Back to top Go down

All those who have issues with me should leave this forum: Charvaka Empty Re: All those who have issues with me should leave this forum: Charvaka

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 10:15 am

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
If you believe I have mala fide intentions, why do you entrust me with your IP address? Your claims of disbelief in me are not backed up by your own actions. If I distrust the administrator of any webiste, I don't visit that site, period. Despite your bombast to the contrary, you have a very high level of trust in my integrity. And that trust has never been violated, or you wouldn't continue to visit here voluntarily and risk exposing your information to someone who violated your trust.

https://such.forumotion.com/t6364-petition-to-remove-charvaka-as-admin-of-this-forum#50070

----
Charvaka's message is loud and clear. It seems that his original claim that he will be an Admin only in name was just a bluff to get everyone to trust him. The poster Some Profile had wanted ex-Sulekha members to move to a forum with no Admin power for any poster, because of his fear of abuse of Admin powers. His words have returned to haunt this forum.

i don't see how Charvaka, through his words, will get posters like Seva and sandilya (with whom he had longstanding fights) to ever post on this forum.

Back to top Go down

All those who have issues with me should leave this forum: Charvaka Empty Re: All those who have issues with me should leave this forum: Charvaka

Post by doofus_maximus Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 am

We don't want you to leave Rashmun. There I said it.
We all love you. Here is a cookie. Do you need a hug too?
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
>>> "the admin" may not have stepped out of bounds, but charvaka has proved himself to be the same, obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile bore that carvaka was. moreover, he has aided and abetted violations of decency, ethics, and the law through his minions.

>>> his - and your claim - that he has not stepped out of bounds is empty, given that charvaka is the admin. not everyone differentiates between the two, including you - you wrote, "...their prior enmity with the admin..." instead of "...with charvaka" or "carvaka."

https://such.forumotion.com/t5940-anniversary-reflections#47256

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 11:53 am

Yeah, it's loud and clear, Mr. Rashmun (in the forums) aka Ms. Maya (in the chat room. Wonder why you don't come in as Rashmun in chat too). But isn't it common sense 101? If you don't trust the admin, why still hang around in the site?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Blippity boo hoo - bawahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 pm

kinnera wrote:Yeah, it's loud and clear, Mr. Rashmun (in the forums) aka Ms. Maya (in the chat room. Wonder why you don't come in as Rashmun in chat too). But isn't it common sense 101? If you don't trust the admin, why still hang around in the site?
I don't want Rashmun to leave; that is his willful misinterpretation of what I said. I just don't buy his story that he doesn't trust me. His actions are incompatible with his words; the fact that he is here is proof enough that he trusts me. When his actions and words contradict each other, I shall ignore his words. I am happy with his action of trusting me enough to be here when I am admin.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 23, 2012 1:49 pm

kinnera wrote:Yeah, it's loud and clear, Mr. Rashmun (in the forums) aka Ms. Maya (in the chat room. Wonder why you don't come in as Rashmun in chat too). But isn't it common sense 101? If you don't trust the admin, why still hang around in the site?

i'd be very disappointed if rashmun leaves. having a diversity of opinion is what makes a site like this vibrant. i may agree with him on very little, have vehement and passionate arguments with him on language and culture, and occasionally thank him for informing me about a joyful little book on tamil poetry, but always enjoy his presence here.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:55 pm

panini press wrote:
I don't want Rashmun to leave; that is his willful misinterpretation of what I said. I just don't buy his story that he doesn't trust me. His actions are incompatible with his words; the fact that he is here is proof enough that he trusts me. When his actions and words contradict each other, I shall ignore his words. I am happy with his action of trusting me enough to be here when I am admin.

nice try admin pressurizing him to leave. can you please stave off of speaking of his leaving or staying in your admin tone? i am not being sarcastic. i think you should be "neutral" in your responses of his staying or leaving even in your PP avatar -- please do not comment on this subject. if you object to my objection, you can do several things,

- put it to poll
- change the rules
- write to forumotion
- ask seva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 1:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i'd be very disappointed if rashmun leaves. having a diversity of opinion is what makes a site like this vibrant. i may agree with him on very little, have vehement and passionate arguments with him on language and culture, and occasionally thank him for informing me about a joyful little book on tamil poetry, but always enjoy his presence here.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 23, 2012 1:58 pm

It is quite common for the person who takes responsibility to be dumped on. We see it quite often in our personal lives, professional lives. And if you are someone like Obama, the dumping goes on everyday on every real issue, imagined issue, and non-issue.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed May 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Unless you disagree with me on the periphery about peripherals and generally on the perigee with me, you might as well be a perishable. diversity is mediocrity by other means... :-p

(take a pinch of salt too...and develop a sense of humor for krishna's sakes)

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 pm

panini press wrote:

Charvaka i have zero trust in you. I do have trust in the other posters on this forum. I know that if you try to screw around with me you will yourself get screwed very badly since nobody here (except possibly some of your minions) will tolerate any abuse of admin power on your part.

My posting on this forum is not because of you but because of posters on this forum with who i have interacted on Sulekha from before you joined the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 2:17 pm

i have never used the handle Maya on chat. Instead of telling lies about me maybe you should go have another chat session with Bittu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:please do not comment on this subject.
The subject here is not "Rashmun leaving" or "Rashmun staying." The subject of this thread is a misinterpretation of my words, and I needed to correct the record.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Rashmun wrote:

i have never used the handle Maya on chat. Instead of telling lies about me maybe you should go have another chat session with Bittu.

Ya right, you are not maya! Heh! Never seen a 'Rashmun' in chat. But you seem to talk as if you know e'thing that's going on in chat. You got some 'divya dristi' or such mystcal powers? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 4:24 pm

panini press wrote:

I'd like to address the highlighted part. It could be that he doesn't have a choice if he wants to continue posting on this forum. He is here bcz he wants to be here and unfortunately there is nothing he can do about you being the admin. Taking his being here as a proof that he trusts you has some spelling mishtake (as in something wrong about it--donno wat exactly). When he says he does not trust you, I think its buyable.

Let us start a thread and outline clearly what the admin will do and what not. And lets not quote from forumotion's policy agreement etc.

For example,
If a poster wants their personal info deleted, admin will do it.
If posters use obscene language and personal insults, admin will not delete the posts
etc.

This way there will be no fight about why admin logged in. Everyone will be clear about things you are willing to/going to do and make peace with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 23, 2012 5:37 pm

seven wrote:Taking his being here as a proof that he trusts you has some spelling mishtake (as in something wrong about it--donno wat exactly). When he says he does not trust you, I think its buyable.
I don't understand what's "wrong" about my reasoning. If he truly had zero trust in my integrity, is truly worried about his privacy, and truly thinks I have abused my admin powers, he would not trust me with his information. Every time he posts here, he makes the conscious choice to trust me with private information which he wants to be kept private. He counts on me to keep it private. (And he should.) This is why his claims of not trusting me sound hollow.

seven wrote:Let us start a thread and outline clearly what the admin will do and what not. And lets not quote from forumotion's policy agreement etc.
We had many threads about this. We are bound by Forumotion's rules here, we can't wish them away.

A quick summary:
1. If a user requests that their account be deleted, admin will carry out the request.
2. If a user requests that a post containing sensitive private information be removed, admin will carry out the request.

In neither case will admin provide advance notice to the community about the specific request, as that will jeopardize the very information that needs to be deleted. If anyone has questions why admin logged in, all they need to do is ask, like Max did yesterday, and an answer will be provided after the admin action is completed.

seven wrote:This way there will be no fight about why admin logged in.
There is no fight about why I logged in yesterday. I don't hear Rashmun or anyone saying I logged in for the wrong reasons. I logged in to carry out user requests for deletion of an account and a post containing personal information. Both are legitimate exercises of admin powers.

The fight you see is because Rashmun assumed that I had no legitimate reason to login, and I let him carry on with his wrong assumptions and made fun of him.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 6:02 pm

panini press wrote:
seven wrote:Taking his being here as a proof that he trusts you has some spelling mishtake (as in something wrong about it--donno wat exactly). When he says he does not trust you, I think its buyable.
I don't understand what's "wrong" about my reasoning. If he truly had zero trust in my integrity, is truly worried about his privacy, and truly thinks I have abused my admin powers, he would not trust me with his information. Every time he posts here, he makes the conscious choice to trust me with private information which he wants to be kept private. He counts on me to keep it private. (And he should.) This is why his claims of not trusting me sound hollow.

My point is, its more like everytime he posts here, he risks his private information. He doesn't really have a choice here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed May 23, 2012 6:18 pm

seven wrote:
My point is, its more like everytime he posts here, he risks his private information. He doesn't really have a choice here.

'Such' a lovely place...'such' a lovely place...

Prisoners of our own device....

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 6:22 pm

panini press wrote:

seven wrote:Let us start a thread and outline clearly what the admin will do and what not. And lets not quote from forumotion's policy agreement etc.
We had many threads about this. We are bound by Forumotion's rules here, we can't wish them away.

A quick summary:
1. If a user requests that their account be deleted, admin will carry out the request.
2. If a user requests that a post containing sensitive private information be removed, admin will carry out the request.

In neither case will admin provide advance notice to the community about the specific request, as that will jeopardize the very information that needs to be deleted. If anyone has questions why admin logged in, all they need to do is ask, like Max did yesterday, and an answer will be provided after the admin action is completed.

There is no fight about why I logged in yesterday. I don't hear Rashmun or anyone saying I logged in for the wrong reasons. I logged in to carry out user requests for deletion of an account and a post containing personal information. Both are legitimate exercises of admin powers.

The fight you see is because Rashmun assumed that I had no legitimate reason to login, and I let him carry on with his wrong assumptions and made fun of him.

because you are a fightercock you preferred to fight with me rather than to clarify that you had logged in to delete an account. also in attempting to make fun of me you ended up with egg on your face when you were caught telling blatant lies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 23, 2012 6:26 pm

seven wrote:
panini press wrote:

If he is a rational person, in his own mind, the risk of leakage of his private information by me is low enough for this to be worth his while. That doesn't match his professions of "zero trust" in me. At least, that's the way I see it. You are welcome to disagree with me on this.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 6:26 pm

panini press wrote:

A quick summary:

One example of misuse of Admin powers was when Charvaka invoked his Admin powers in the middle of an argument. Here:

Rashmun wrote:
But your tendency to bring up your Admin powers in the middle of an argument is in decidedly poor taste and needs to be curbed. For instance, after you thought you had me on the backfoot over my interpretation of an emoticon, you claimed that you would put this emoticon in the emoticon gallery of this forum when you next logged in as Admin*. In my opinion, that would have constituted abuse of your admin powers. The only reason you would have put this emoticon in the emoticon gallery of this forum would be to embarrass me so that you could keep using it again and again to poke fun at me. Of course, when i gave the full details of my analysis of the emoticon you proceeded to abuse me but that is a separate matter.

https://such.forumotion.com/t5366-final-thoughts-on-the-emoticon-put-up-or-shut-up#42610

https://such.forumotion.com/t5940-anniversary-reflections#47099

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 23, 2012 6:29 pm

atcg wrote:
seven wrote:

'Such' a lovely place...'such' a lovely place...

Prisoners of our own device....

LOL @ 'such' a lovely place.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 6:31 pm

panini press wrote:
seven wrote:
panini press wrote:

If he is a rational person, in his own mind, the risk of leakage of his private information by me is low enough for this to be worth his while. That doesn't match his professions of "zero trust" in me. At least, that's the way I see it. You are welcome to disagree with me on this.

other than my IP address there is nothing you can leak about me as per your own claim. the damage you would do to yourself by leaking the IP addresses of my computers would be greater than the damage you would do to me and the reason for this is that the other posters on this forum would start treating like you a moral leper if you did so.
At the same time i do not want you logging in as Admin whenever you want to minimize your access to the IP addresses of the computers i use. For instance, there is no reason for you to login as Admin just to insert a new emoticon.
If it is your intention, going forward, to login as Admin whenever you want please say so explicitly.

Last edited by Rashmun on Wed May 23, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
seven wrote:
panini press wrote:

other than my IP address there is nothing you can leak about me as per your own claim. the damage you would do to yourself by leaking the IP addresses of my computers would be greater than the damage you would do to yourself and the reason for this is that the other posters on this forum would start treating like you a moral leper if you did so.
At the same time i do not want you logging in as Admin whenever you want to minimize your access to the IP addresses of the computers i use. For instance, there is no reason for you to login as Admin just to insert a new emoticon.
If it is your intention, going forward, to login as Admin whenever you want please say so explicitly.

On another note, when i joined this forum after it was created you had declared at the time that you are unable to view the IP addresses of posters. It was only later when some other poster pointed out that forumotion Admins can view IP addresses of posters that you admitted this to be true. So at the time i joined this forum i did not entrust the IP addresses of my computers to you since you yourself had claimed that you are unable to view IP addresses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 pm

I want to see rashmun when he's 65 and senile. already acts like a cranky old woman that lives with 30 cats in an imaginary land wearing period costumes while on the rag 29 days out of 30.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I want to see rashmun when he's 65 and senile. already acts like a cranky old woman that lives with 30 cats in an imaginary land wearing period costumes while on the rag 29 days out of 30.

flimflam2 wrote:
i suppose, eyesight could be a factor in one's enjoyment of sex. if one had poor eyesight, for example, ugly women may become more bearable. and one's erection may not subside even while one is between vaaNi's hairy legs (about which propagandhi used to complain to women in sulekha's old chat room).

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/my-eye-sight-has-never-been-an-issue-while-having-sex-with-my-wife-891249.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

----

Blabberwock recently asked why was the need to create the new forum ( http://sulekha.forumotion.com ). The answer is that it was important to show Charvaka his place because his attempts to humiliate other posters through an unethical flaunting of his Admin powers was becoming intolerable. An example of his misbehavior is given in this thread where he says that if he does not trust the Admin of a site, he does not visit the site indicating that i should stop posting on this site. The problem is that when this forum was created Charvaka had assured everyone that he would be a regular poster and that he would be an Admin only in name. Later, it was agreed that he could login as Admin in order to remove any personal information that might be posted about some poster. That is the extent of his Admin power. But he still thinks that i should quit posting on this forum because as he rightly says i do not trust him. I on the other hand see no reason to quit posting on this forum.

I give below another example of Charvaka misusing his Admin power where he announces that a certain emoticon will be entered by him in the emoticon gallery of this forum. This emoticon was the subject of an extended argument between me and others(including Charvaka) before the issue was finally laid to rest with my final analysis. The point is that Charvaka was giving a threat to put this emoticon in the emoticon gallery purely so that he could keep embarrassing me. In my opinion, this was another abuse of Admin power on the part of Charvaka. He has to behave as just another poster and not keep invoking his Admin powers in the middle of arguments, particularly when he is getting exposed.

So it was important to have another forum to put Charvaka in his place. I am an experienced poster, and i could handle Charvaka and his attempts by him (and some of his buddies) to bully me. Newer posters would get intimidated by this kind of bullying by a few sheep and goats pretending to be tigers. Now that a new forum is in place, any poster who feels uncomfortable on this forum because of the antics of Charvaka and his buddies knows that there is another forum they can go. Just the existence of another forum is enough to ensure that Charvaka will think twice before he attempts to bully anyone else on this forum.

Lastly, it is important to have another forum for people who are so uncomfortable with Charvaka that they have no wish to post in a forum where he has Admin power. For this reason, also, http://sulekha.forumotion.com was created.

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:This thread is incomplete and meaningless without the pic of the emoticon.
Good point. This emoticon needs to enter the SuCH gallery. May be next time I login as admin, whenever that is.

For now, let us make do with this.

All those who have issues with me should leave this forum: Charvaka Spank210

Analyze this, Rashmun! (No pun intended)

Thank you. First of all, the emoticon is called spank but spank does not necessarily mean hitting on the bottom as i earlier pointed out:

Collins
World English Dictionary
spank 1 (spæŋk)

— vb
1. ( tr ) to slap or smack with the open hand, esp on the buttocks

— n
2. a slap or series of slaps with the flat of the hand

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spank?s=t

---

Secondly, this emoticon had been posted by me for Propagandhi (after Propa posted two emoticons for me). Propagandhi is a self proclaimed Gult.

----
Third, this is the meaning of Gult from urban dictionary:
Gult,
A acronym for Gaand Ulta Louda Teda, used at Telugu speaking people from the state of Andhra Pradesh, India, though they have been fooled to accepting that it sounds like Telugu when read backwards.
'I'm a Gult' said Mr. Pulivendula Sreenivasula Venkata Rama Rao

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gult

-----
Fourth, with respect to the words 'Gaand Ulta Louda Teda' (what Gult stands for according to urban dictionary) the words 'Louda Teda' means curved (or crooked shaped) penis. The words 'Gaand Ulta' mean butt-faced or a buttock-like face according to the well known samosapedia site:

'Gulti' is now used to refer to locals of Andhra Pradesh in a derogatory manner, and is now widely considered as short for 'gaand ulti' (suggesting that the locals have buttock-like faces and eat from their anus instead)[/b]

http://samosapedia.com/e/Gulti

---
Hence my claim that the person getting beaten is getting beaten on his head/face.

https://such.forumotion.com/t5366-final-thoughts-on-the-emoticon-put-up-or-shut-up#42616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down