Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum

+5
MaxEntropy_Man
doofus_maximus
Idéfix
Nila
Petrichor
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum Empty Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 1:40 pm

only recently Charvaka had assured all of us that he will not be logging on as Admin since in his opinion this forum does not need an Admin. This was after Sasthi and chameli declared him to be unsuitable for performing the role of Admin, due to his penchant for getting into fights on a frequent basis, and advised him to hand over Admin responsibilities to someone else:

panini press wrote:
This forum has not needed an administrator in five months or so, and I hope it will never need one.
https://such.forumotion.com/t5940p50-anniversary-reflections#47346

-----
Despite my request to Charvaka to keep his word and not login as Admin after he declared he would do so this week-end, he went ahead and logged on as Admin today. A few things:
1. It is impossible for working people to login to this site through a proxy server from their workplace.
2. Charvaka knows the IP addresses of all posters whenever he logs in as Admin.

Merlot Daruwala has earlier written:

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
If your firewall is down or weak, knowledge of your IP makes it possible for someone to remotely access your machine and steal QueerBee's pictures from your hard disk.

https://such.forumotion.com/t673-admin-charvaka-ip-watcher#5640

-----------
This is my second petition on this issue: Either Charvaka should promise never to login as Admin of this forum unless 'absolutely necessary' or he should hand over Admin responsibilities to someone more neutral. By 'absolutely necessary' is meant if a poster's private information is shared by other posters on this forum and the poster complains about it. It does not mean logging in as Admin so as to change the handle ID of his buddy Tracy Whitney to 'Guest' for a specific post.

--------
Privacy of all posters must be respected. Some time back i had made a post in which i gave links to Charvaka's sulekha posts where he had posted using his purported real name. The objective was not to reveal Charvaka's real name but to refer to something he had said earlier while framing my argument. But when Huzefa Kapasi rightly objected to my post , i immediately deleted it. (That post of mine was on this site for something like 2 minutes. )

Back to top Go down

Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum Empty Re: Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum

Post by Petrichor Tue May 22, 2012 1:45 pm

This reminds me of a game called Nomic, I used to play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomic

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum Empty Re: Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 1:48 pm

chameli wrote:
charvaka/and now panini press

you are the administrator .u have helped found this forum .Why then do u go on the war path every so often and ignite quarrels ?

should you not be magnanimous and listen to other posters ? Instead u incite disagreements

something i have not understood

when asked u say you are more an individual poster than an admnistrator

If that is so then give up those duties delegate them to someone else .

We need an administrator , one who listens to other posters ,addresses their grievances and takes a back seat when the occasion calls for it

https://such.forumotion.com/t5940p50-anniversary-reflections#47318

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

When did I declare him to be unsuitable for admin role? Say...tell, bolo, sollu, cheppu, matadu...

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Sasthi wrote:When did I declare him to be unsuitable for admin role? Say...tell, bolo, sollu, cheppu, matadu...

not able to find that post. i think there may have been 2 or 3 posts, not one. perhaps you deleted them later. anyways, will post them if i find them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 pm

atcg wrote:This reminds me of a game called Nomic, I used to play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomic

not sure about you but some of us have sensitive information on our work computers and do not want Charvaka messing around trying to hack into our systems through knowing the IP addresses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:perhaps you deleted them later.

That is a valuable trick - I know one can delete the post if there are no subsequent replies to one's own post on a thread, but you seem to have figured out how to do this otherwise. Can you share how this is done?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:02 pm

atcg wrote:

That is a valuable trick - I know one can delete the post if there are no subsequent replies to one's own post on a thread, but you seem to have figured out how to do this otherwise. Can you share how this is done?

perhaps there were no replies to her post(s) before she deleted them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:
not sure about you but some of us have sensitive information on our work computers and do not want Charvaka messing around trying to hack into our systems through knowing the IP addresses.

You are so knowledgeable - how do you "hack" into a work computer based on knowing nothing more than the IP address?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue May 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:
atcg wrote:

I don't remember posting any such thing. May be its your floating eyes.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:08 pm

atcg wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

You are so knowledgeable - how do you "hack" into a work computer based on knowing nothing more than the IP address?

As Merlot Daruwala pointed out earlier (see the first post on this thread) it is possible to hack into a computer through remote by having knowledge of the IP address if the firewall in that computer is down or weak. I have colleagues who do not hook up some of their work computers to the internet at all for this very reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Sasthi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
atcg wrote:

If i am wrong about this, then i apologize.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Rashmun wrote:
atcg wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

As Merlot Daruwala pointed out earlier (see the first post on this thread) it is possible to hack into a computer through remote by having knowledge of the IP address if the firewall in that computer is down or weak. I have colleagues who do not hook up some of their work computers to the internet at all for this very reason.

It would be great fun if Charvaka shares all the IP addresses of posters on this forum with his buddy Hellsangel who seems to take a special joy in revealing in public personal details of other posters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue May 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Sasthi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
atcg wrote:

If i am wrong about this, then i apologize.

No problem. It's ok.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
>>> "the admin" may not have stepped out of bounds, but charvaka has proved himself to be the same, obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile bore that carvaka was. moreover, he has aided and abetted violations of decency, ethics, and the law through his minions.

>>> his - and your claim - that he has not stepped out of bounds is empty, given that charvaka is the admin. not everyone differentiates between the two, including you - you wrote, "...their prior enmity with the admin..." instead of "...with charvaka" or "carvaka."

https://such.forumotion.com/t5940-anniversary-reflections#47256

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 2:23 pm

De ja vu all over again...

https://such.forumotion.com/t2317-should-adminstrator-of-this-forum-be-replaced

Good idea not to start a poll -- congrats on that. It would have been better if you hadn't used the Rashmun Method to make up things that others hadn't said about me. But you live and (hoping against hope) learn.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Rashmun wrote:
>>> "the admin" may not have stepped out of bounds, but charvaka has proved himself to be the same, obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile bore that carvaka was. moreover, he has aided and abetted violations of decency, ethics, and the law through his minions.

>>> his - and your claim - that he has not stepped out of bounds is empty, given that charvaka is the admin. not everyone differentiates between the two, including you - you wrote, "...their prior enmity with the admin..." instead of "...with charvaka" or "carvaka."

https://such.forumotion.com/t5940-anniversary-reflections#47256

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:would be nice to have some diversity in age groups too. pushpagiri, sevaji, and sandilya are very much missed; as are younger folks like resold cycle. we probably have a distribution that is clumped around mid 30s to mid 40s.
there is exactly one reason why there's no diversity here, and you know who that is.

https://such.forumotion.com/t5940-anniversary-reflections#47212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:26 pm

panini press wrote:De ja vu all over again...

Good idea not to start a poll -- congrats on that. It would have been better if you hadn't used the Rashmun Method to make up things that others hadn't said about me. But you live and (hoping against hope) learn.

Things changed from the last time. For instance, Luke Warmus joined this forum despite your asking why he is here in the first place considering he doesn't have any friends here (actually he does have friends here). Chameli was also not around when the first petition to replace you as Admin was made.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:

Things changed from the last time. For instance, Luke Warmus joined this forum despite your asking why he is here in the first place considering he doesn't have any friends here (actually he does have friends here). Chameli was also not around when the first petition to replace you as Admin was made.

Additionally, the fact that it is not possible to log onto the workplace through a proxy server in my workplace. During the earlier petition i had been able to access a proxy server from my workplace but right now i cannot.

Now that you logged on as Admin today, did you note down the IP address of my computer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:Now that you logged on as Admin today, did you note down the IP address of my computer?
No. I have never looked for the IP address of any poster. I have no need for that information.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:39 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Now that you logged on as Admin today, did you note down the IP address of my computer?
No. I have never looked for the IP address of any poster. I have no need for that information.

You have been dishonest on so many occasions in the past that i have no reason to believe you on this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue May 22, 2012 2:40 pm

May I know the IP address of Rashmun's computer? I will hack into it and I will create a keyboard shortcut for 'Moghul Akbar' to 'DM knows Tantric Sex'.

That way the CHaunties will be reminded of my incredible powers everyday.

Last edited by doofus_maximus on Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:41 pm

From the first petition:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
i voted charvaka needs to be replaced as admin. we need a more neutral guy.

https://such.forumotion.com/t2317-should-adminstrator-of-this-forum-be-replaced#19906

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:44 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:May I know the IP address of Rashmun's computer? I will hack into it and I will create a keyboard shortcut for 'Moghul' to 'DM knows Tantric Sex'.

Are you really so eager to get housed in a jailhouse? At least think of your wife and 4 year old child before you behave irresponsibly:

A US student convicted of using a webcam to secretly film his room-mate in a gay encounter has been sentenced to 30 days in prison.

Dharun Ravi, 20, a former undergraduate at New Jersey's state university, could have faced up to 10 years in jail.

Tyler Clementi, 18, killed himself days after he was filmed kissing another man in a dorm room in September 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18155690

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

You have been dishonest on so many occasions in the past that i have no reason to believe you on this point.
Then why did you ask the question?

If you believe I have mala fide intentions, why do you entrust me with your IP address? Your claims of disbelief in me are not backed up by your own actions. If I distrust the administrator of any webiste, I don't visit that site, period. Despite your bombast to the contrary, you have a very high level of trust in my integrity. And that trust has never been violated, or you wouldn't continue to visit here voluntarily and risk exposing your information to someone who violated your trust.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Rashmun wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:May I know the IP address of Rashmun's computer? I will hack into it and I will create a keyboard shortcut for 'Moghul' to 'DM knows Tantric Sex'.

Are you really so eager to get housed in a jailhouse? At least think of your wife and 4 year old child before you behave irresponsibly:

A US student convicted of using a webcam to secretly film his room-mate in a gay encounter has been sentenced to 30 days in prison.

Dharun Ravi, 20, a former undergraduate at New Jersey's state university, could have faced up to 10 years in jail.

Tyler Clementi, 18, killed himself days after he was filmed kissing another man in a dorm room in September 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18155690

Please type 'Akbar', and see if I hacked into your computer or not.
PS: Use a notepad file and don't start a flood of Akbar posts here.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Rashmun wrote:

From the first petition:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
i voted charvaka needs to be replaced as admin. we need a more neutral guy.

https://such.forumotion.com/t2317-should-adminstrator-of-this-forum-be-replaced#19906
Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum 3077217049

https://such.forumotion.com/t2317p150-should-adminstrator-of-this-forum-be-replaced#20454
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 2:58 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

If you believe I have mala fide intentions, why do you entrust me with your IP address? Your claims of disbelief in me are not backed up by your own actions. If I distrust the administrator of any webiste, I don't visit that site, period. Despite your bombast to the contrary, you have a very high level of trust in my integrity. And that trust has never been violated, or you wouldn't continue to visit here voluntarily and risk exposing your information to someone who violated your trust.

I come here not because of you but because of the other posters on this forum with who i have interacted with on sulekha for several years. This forum is for old sulekha forum posters and i have been posting on sulekha forum since 1998 when sulekha.com was launched. I have been posting on sulekha for a lot longer time than you have.

IP addresses of posters keep changing and so even if you have access to my computer's IP address today the damage you can do is minimized because it could change tomorrow. But if you keep having regular access to my IP address then that makes me (and i am pretty sure other posters) very uncomfortable. Moreoever, you had publicly assured all of us only recently that you would login as Admin (unless absolutely necessary) only recently.

panini press wrote:
This forum has not needed an administrator in five months or so, and I hope it will never need one.

Most posters on this forum, leaving aside your buddies, want it to be run on auto pilot rather than for you to log on as Admin whenever you wish to. This site is not your personal property. It belongs to all of us who have posted on sulekha for years and years--many of us, as i pointed out earlier, had been posting on sulekha for a significantly longer period than you .

You can do what you want on chaikaapi, but you cannot do whatever you want as far as this forum is concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 3:03 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

I come here not because of you but because of the other posters on this forum with who i have interacted with on sulekha for several years. This forum is for old sulekha forum posters and i have been posting on sulekha forum since 1998 when sulekha.com was launched. I have been posting on sulekha for a lot longer time than you have.

IP addresses of posters keep changing and so even if you have access to my computer's IP address today the damage you can do is minimized because it could change tomorrow. But if you keep having regular access to my IP address then that makes me (and i am pretty sure other posters) very uncomfortable. Moreoever, you had publicly assured all of us only recently that you would login as Admin (unless absolutely necessary) only recently.

panini press wrote:

Most posters on this forum, leaving aside your buddies, want it to be run on auto pilot rather than for you to log on as Admin whenever you wish to. This site is not your personal property. It belongs to all of us who have posted on sulekha for years and years--many of us, as i pointed out earlier, had been posting on sulekha for a significantly longer period than you .

You can do what you want on chaikaapi, but you cannot do whatever you want as far as this forum is concerned.

The poster SomeProfile had wanted all of us to move to the reddit forum. One reason he gave was that there is a feature in reddit which allows a forum to have no moderator or Admin whatsoever. While, he pointed out, this forum necessitates having a a person with Admin power. What he was getting at is that the reddit forum does not allow any scope for a person having Admin power to start violating and misusing his Admin power.
I preferred this forum at the time because i found it more elegant, and also because i had known you for a longer time. (I had not posted the Diggy Raja posts, and you had not accused me of being a Congress agent.) And because i did not believe that you would start misusing your Admin power.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:No. I have never looked for the IP address of any poster. I have no need for that information.

panini press wrote:

The poster SomeProfile had wanted all of us to move to the reddit forum. One reason he gave was that there is a feature in reddit which allows a forum to have no moderator or Admin whatsoever. While, he pointed out, this forum necessitates having a a person with Admin power. What he was getting at is that the reddit forum does not allow any scope for a person having Admin power to start violating and misusing his Admin power.
I preferred this forum at the time because i found it more elegant, and also because i had known you for a longer time. (I had not posted the Diggy Raja posts, and you had not accused me of being a Congress agent.) And because i did not believe that you would start misusing your Admin power.

sandilya and Seva did not join this forum because of you. And now you want Luke Warmus and me to also stop posting on this forum. This is sad for everyone who trusted you and had faith in you. What you are striving for is to reduce the diversity one sees in this forum so that only those who agree with you will eventually be around. Your behavior, unless nipped in the bud, will kill this forum eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

IP addresses of posters keep changing and so even if you have access to my computer's IP address today the damage you can do is minimized because it could change tomorrow. But if you keep having regular access to my IP address then that makes me (and i am pretty sure other posters) very uncomfortable. Moreoever, you had publicly assured all of us only recently that you would not login as Admin (unless absolutely necessary) only recently.

panini press wrote:

*Corrected*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 3:48 pm

I am not sure who this was, but whoever it was must be feeling a sense of betrayal of trust and faith:

Some thoughts for your consideration
started by exsulekhite 4 weeks ago
I am a former sulekhite. I used to post in these forums quite regularly. It does not matter who I am, but I can tell you who I am not; I am not Carvaka. I am not posting here with my regular old handle because I don't want to give sulekha the satisfaction of having me back. I am NOT back, I am simply here to ask you, the few remaining regulars, a few questions out of curiosity and at the end to offer a suggestion. -- Why do you choose to stay here despite more than a year of a broken, sterile, and non-functioning forum? -- Why do you choose to stay here despite the complete and total non-responsiveness on the part of sulekha for more than a year? -- Why do you choose to stay here despite the fact that your handles can be hijacked at will by anyone who chooses to do so, and post garbage and break your threads? (And before you ask, I was not the one who hijacked your handles, I am merely asking the question). A year ago you were given a choice of moving to another forum. Some of us took it. Some of us, i.e. you did not. I can understand that some of you have misgivings about the administrator of that forum and I won't hold it against you. Some of the exchanges that you had with him on this forum were not particularly pleasant for you. But I don't understand why you think that moving to that forum will make the situation any worse than it was here. If anything your threads will not be arbitrarily broken; you can have meaningful discussions, can post links (after seven days of membership), post images, and post links to videos. Why will you not move? The administrator, Carvaka has promised to not login as an administrator and prefers to participate as a regular participant. Please come and join us. Many of us miss you. What do you lose by trying? You can always quit and come back. Jump in, the waters are fine. https://such.forumotion.com/

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/some-thoughts-for-your-consideration-1133192.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:I preferred this forum at the time because i found it more elegant, and also because i had known you for a longer time. (I had not posted the Diggy Raja posts, and you had not accused me of being a Congress agent.) And because i did not believe that you would start misusing your Admin power.
ROFL. Do you now believe that I have started misusing my admin power?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Rashmun wrote:And now you want Luke Warmus and me to also stop posting on this forum.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. I love the fact that Lukeji and you are here. But when you guys pretend to not trust me, I will have to point out that you do trust me with your personal information, so your claims about my trustworthiness are not backed by your own actions. That doesn't mean I want you to stop visiting the forum.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 3:51 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:I preferred this forum at the time because i found it more elegant, and also because i had known you for a longer time. (I had not posted the Diggy Raja posts, and you had not accused me of being a Congress agent.) And because i did not believe that you would start misusing your Admin power.

Absolutely. After assuring us that you would not login as Admin you logged in as Admin today for changing the handle ID of your buddy Tracy Whitney to Guest for one of her posts. Moreover, even though Seva and sandilya refuse to join this forum because of you, you have been encouraging Luke Warmus and me to quit this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 3:52 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:And now you want Luke Warmus and me to also stop posting on this forum.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. I love the fact that Lukeji and you are here. But when you guys pretend to not trust me, I will have to point out that you do trust me with your personal information, so your claims about my trustworthiness are not backed by your own actions. That doesn't mean I want you to stop visiting the forum.

you have in fact publicly asked why Luke is posting on this forum considering that he does not have any friends here. (Incidentally you are wrong about Luke not having any friends here; he does have friends here.) Do you deny this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

Absolutely. After assuring us that you would not login as Admin you logged in as Admin today for changing the handle ID of your buddy Tracy Whitney to Guest for one of her posts. Moreover, even though Seva and sandilya refuse to join this forum because of you, you have been encouraging Luke Warmus and me to quit this forum.
Thank you for delivering your craziness on demand. Smile

I logged in as admin today because two posters wanted their personal information deleted. That is precisely the scenario in which I will continue to login if needed in future.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 3:57 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

Thank you for delivering your craziness on demand. Smile

I logged in as admin today because two posters wanted their personal information deleted. That is precisely the scenario in which I will continue to login if needed in future.

I have been logging in regularly onto this site and no personal information was to be seen. The one change i saw was your changing the handle ID of a post made by Tracy Whitney to Guest. Moreover, after Tracy's public request, you said you would be logging in during the week-end thereby indicating that there was no urgency. When i asked you not to login as Admin at all, you promptly logged in almost immediately.

Since many people on this forum do not trust you, i would again ask that you hand over Admin power of this forum to a neutral person in the interest of maintaining diversity in this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Rashmun wrote:When i asked you not to login as Admin at all, you promptly logged in almost immediately.
The world doesn't revolve around you. Another poster posted his actual name and requested that the post be deleted. It is when I saw that post that I promptly logged in and deleted it as well as other personal information that I was requested to delete.

Rashmun wrote:Since many people on this forum do not trust you
I have no time for your nonsensical fulminations.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 4:03 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:When i asked you not to login as Admin at all, you promptly logged in almost immediately.
The world doesn't revolve around you. Another poster posted his actual name and requested that the post be deleted. It is when I saw that post that I promptly logged in and deleted it as well as other personal information that I was requested to delete.

That poster was Huzefa Kapasi and he was joking as was evident by the fact that he deleted his own post after revealing his purported real name. The reason you have no time for what i am saying is because i have exposed you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

That poster was Huzefa Kapasi and he was joking as was evident by the fact that he deleted his own post after revealing his purported real name.
Wrong, as usual. I deleted his post as admin.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 4:08 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

That poster was Huzefa Kapasi and he was joking as was evident by the fact that he deleted his own post after revealing his purported real name.

I read that post of his where he revealed his purported real name and he was joking from what i could tell. I will leave it to him to clarify this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

I read that post of his where he revealed his purported real name and he was joking from what i could tell. I will leave it to him to clarify this point.

Huzefa, it was very poor judgement on your part to reveal your purported real name and then ask Charvaka to delete it. And from what i could tell you were clearly being jocular when you did so.
But you were not so jocular when i gave links to old sulekha posts of Charvaka which he had posted under his purported real name. (My objective was not to reveal Charvaka's real name but to refer to something he had said earlier while framing my argument.) That post of mine, if you recall, was online for something like 2 minutes before i deleted it.

Joking around with privacy issues should in my opinion be eschewed by you after you revealed Luke's real name by hacking into his sulekha account and then expressing regret later for doing so. If your objective was to ensure that Charvaka logs in as Admin, then i question your judgement and i ask you whether you wish to destroy the diversity on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Rashmun wrote:Privacy of all posters must be respected. Some time back i had made a post in which i gave links to Charvaka's sulekha posts where he had posted using his purported real name. The objective was not to reveal Charvaka's real name but to refer to something he had said earlier while framing my argument. But when Huzefa Kapasi rightly objected to my post , i immediately deleted it. (That post of mine was on this site for something like 2 minutes. )
Thank you for your high level of respect for privacy. I appreciate it.

https://such.forumotion.com/t2317p150-should-adminstrator-of-this-forum-be-replaced#20511
https://such.forumotion.com/t2292-blast-from-the-past-part-4-charvaka-asks-rashmun-for-clarification-and-then-thanks-rashmun
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 4:34 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Privacy of all posters must be respected. Some time back i had made a post in which i gave links to Charvaka's sulekha posts where he had posted using his purported real name. The objective was not to reveal Charvaka's real name but to refer to something he had said earlier while framing my argument. But when Huzefa Kapasi rightly objected to my post , i immediately deleted it. (That post of mine was on this site for something like 2 minutes. )

https://such.forumotion.com/t2317p150-should-adminstrator-of-this-forum-be-replaced#20511
https://such.forumotion.com/t2292-blast-from-the-past-part-4-charvaka-asks-rashmun-for-clarification-and-then-thanks-rashmun

it was my understanding that you did not care about having your purported real name made public. You continued to post under your real name in both forum posts and blogs long after everyone else had ceased to do so. Even today you continue to have your sulekha blog operational which is under your purported real name. I don't see how you can object if someone even today gives a link to one of your sulekha blogs in which you are yourself using your purported real name.

you are welcome to delete any references i have made to your purported real name on this forum in the past. (The posts you are referring to are from last year.) I also assure you that i will not be using your purported real name in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue May 22, 2012 4:35 pm

panini press wrote:

'immediately' has a lot of meaning for a lot of people. You are just talking semantics here PP.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
panini press wrote:

'immediately' has a lot of meaning for a lot of people. You are just talking semantics here PP.
Yes, in the 6th century, immediately meant 2 centuries later.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 4:42 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
panini press wrote:

Huzefa Kapasi was around at the time i made the post. He was also around when i deleted my post. As i clarified earlier, that post was online for around 2 minutes. But even then i don't see what wrong i did by referring to sulekha posts and blogs written by Charvaka under his purported real name for the purpose of referring to things he had said earlier and using them to frame my argument. To this day, Charvaka refuses to take down his sulekha blogs which he has under his purported real name thereby indicating that he has no concern about his privacy.

I had earlier advised Charvaka to take down his sulekha blogs which he has under his real name and also to write to Sulekha and ask them to blank out his handle ID for all his sulekha posts where he had used his real name since they have done so for other people. If Charvaka was really concerned about his privacy he would have followed my advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Rashmun wrote:I am not sure who this was, but whoever it was must be feeling a sense of betrayal of trust and faith:

Some thoughts for your consideration
started by exsulekhite 4 weeks ago
I am a former sulekhite. I used to post in these forums quite regularly. It does not matter who I am, but I can tell you who I am not; I am not Carvaka. I am not posting here with my regular old handle because I don't want to give sulekha the satisfaction of having me back. I am NOT back, I am simply here to ask you, the few remaining regulars, a few questions out of curiosity and at the end to offer a suggestion. -- Why do you choose to stay here despite more than a year of a broken, sterile, and non-functioning forum? -- Why do you choose to stay here despite the complete and total non-responsiveness on the part of sulekha for more than a year? -- Why do you choose to stay here despite the fact that your handles can be hijacked at will by anyone who chooses to do so, and post garbage and break your threads? (And before you ask, I was not the one who hijacked your handles, I am merely asking the question). A year ago you were given a choice of moving to another forum. Some of us took it. Some of us, i.e. you did not. I can understand that some of you have misgivings about the administrator of that forum and I won't hold it against you. Some of the exchanges that you had with him on this forum were not particularly pleasant for you. But I don't understand why you think that moving to that forum will make the situation any worse than it was here. If anything your threads will not be arbitrarily broken; you can have meaningful discussions, can post links (after seven days of membership), post images, and post links to videos. Why will you not move? The administrator, Carvaka has promised to not login as an administrator and prefers to participate as a regular participant. Please come and join us. Many of us miss you. What do you lose by trying? You can always quit and come back. Jump in, the waters are fine. https://such.forumotion.com/

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/some-thoughts-for-your-consideration-1133192.htm

Also, Huzefa, I have to ask you whether it was you who wrote the above post on Sulekha CH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 5:45 pm

That post of Huzefa was quite interesting. In the same post he revealed his purported real name and also asked PP to delete his post. If it was really an inadvertent revelation of personal information, he would have made two posts: one in which he revealed the personal information and the other asking PP to delete his post.

The only purpose of that post was to ensure that PP logs in as Admin. A very sad state of affairs indeed. I suppose now whenever PP wants to login as Admin one of his buddies will make a post revealing their purported real name and simultaneously asking PP to delete their post. This is the low level this forum has descended to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next