Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum

+5
MaxEntropy_Man
doofus_maximus
Idéfix
Nila
Petrichor
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum - Page 3 Empty Re: Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm

panini press wrote:
atcg wrote:We can all argue about first amendment and applicability to private forums. But,

1. Can the moderator/admin send 3 warnings to known disruptive elements and chop them off if the abuser persists?
That is not a power I am willing to exercise, because it goes against my principles.

atcg wrote:2. Admin is a thankless job and has no known perks/benefits. Should the admin feel bound to answer every stupid comment/question that comes in the way of an arbitrary post on the forums?
This is actually an excellent question. I have erred on the side of too many responses to questions about the admin role rather than too few. I will stop answering nonsensical charges trumped up by those who dislike PP the poster.

atcg wrote:4. Wilful stupidity should never be allowed to wield its tyranny over a moderate republic.
Good point, and I take the blame for responding to that stupidity to keep it going over multiple threads. I shall stop playing my part in this.

if you continue to abuse your Admin powers you will be called out for it again and again and not just by me. You had assured us that you would not be logging in as Admin unless absolutely necessary. When you declared that you would be logging in as Admin, and i asked that you not do so, the least you could have done was to say that a poster had asked you to delete their profile.

Moreover, an Admin who goes around telling lies and making false claims about another poster like your claim that i consider Aurangzeb secular is an undesirable character. Likewise your mean spirited claim that Luke Warmus should stop frequenting this forum because (in your idiotic mindset) he has no friends here.

And please don't pull the magnanimity act by claiming it goes against your principles to ban posters. You had promised at the time this forum was created not to ban any poster and continued to make the some promise again and again.

Back to top Go down

Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum - Page 3 Empty Re: Petition to remove Charvaka as Admin of this forum

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Rashmun wrote:I am not sure who this was, but whoever it was must be feeling a sense of betrayal of trust and faith:

Some thoughts for your consideration
started by exsulekhite 4 weeks ago
I am a former sulekhite. I used to post in these forums quite regularly. It does not matter who I am, but I can tell you who I am not; I am not Carvaka. I am not posting here with my regular old handle because I don't want to give sulekha the satisfaction of having me back. I am NOT back, I am simply here to ask you, the few remaining regulars, a few questions out of curiosity and at the end to offer a suggestion. -- Why do you choose to stay here despite more than a year of a broken, sterile, and non-functioning forum? -- Why do you choose to stay here despite the complete and total non-responsiveness on the part of sulekha for more than a year? -- Why do you choose to stay here despite the fact that your handles can be hijacked at will by anyone who chooses to do so, and post garbage and break your threads? (And before you ask, I was not the one who hijacked your handles, I am merely asking the question). A year ago you were given a choice of moving to another forum. Some of us took it. Some of us, i.e. you did not. I can understand that some of you have misgivings about the administrator of that forum and I won't hold it against you. Some of the exchanges that you had with him on this forum were not particularly pleasant for you. But I don't understand why you think that moving to that forum will make the situation any worse than it was here. If anything your threads will not be arbitrarily broken; you can have meaningful discussions, can post links (after seven days of membership), post images, and post links to videos. Why will you not move? The administrator, Carvaka has promised to not login as an administrator and prefers to participate as a regular participant. Please come and join us. Many of us miss you. What do you lose by trying? You can always quit and come back. Jump in, the waters are fine. https://such.forumotion.com/

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/some-thoughts-for-your-consideration-1133192.htm

Fat chance of Seva and Sandilya (and even TruthSeeker) coming here after the way Charvaka has been behaving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:14 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:do you agree that it is not possible to view posts of a forum poster that are older than April 26,2012 by going through the profile page of that poster? what could have happened? i am only suggesting the possibility of PP tinkering with the archive settings. I am not ruling out the other possibility--that forumotion did this on their own.
Wrong as usual. See for TBT's profile: the earliest thread he posted in that shows up here is dated June 7, 2011. https://such.forumotion.com/sta/truthbetold/885677065/350

First get the facts straight, then try to understand them. If you start with erroneous observations or a small sample size, your conclusions are going to be wrong. In order words, reconsider the Rashmun Method.

the April 26,2012 date was given by me after looking at the forum archives of two posters: Max and myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:do you agree that it is not possible to view posts of a forum poster that are older than April 26,2012 by going through the profile page of that poster? what could have happened? i am only suggesting the possibility of PP tinkering with the archive settings. I am not ruling out the other possibility--that forumotion did this on their own.
Wrong as usual. See for TBT's profile: the earliest thread he posted in that shows up here is dated June 7, 2011. https://such.forumotion.com/sta/truthbetold/885677065/350

First get the facts straight, then try to understand them. If you start with erroneous observations or a small sample size, your conclusions are going to be wrong. In order words, reconsider the Rashmun Method.

the April 26,2012 date was given by me after looking at the forum archives of two posters: Max and myself.

i just checked your Charvaka handle. I can access posts made upto April 20,2012 through your Charvaka profile. it would probably have been closer to April 26 as well if you would not have started using a different handle.
My mistake is understandable. Your mistake of telling lies and making false claims about another poster like saying that i consider Aurangzeb secular is not. In other words, PP Method fails yet again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Max, i think you're not interested in having a rational argument. which is why you refuse to accept the fact that PP could have diffused the situation by responding to my posts asking him not to login as Admin by specifying that a poster had asked him to delete her profile.
I am not going to post about user requests to delete their handles, or posts with personal information, before carrying out the request. Doing so might compromise the information that the user in question wants removed. It is your problem if you are going to go berserk just because I ignore you. I ignore you for the most part these days anyway.

if that is the case you could have immediately made a post offering a clarification after you deleted Tracy's handle ID. Instead, you preferred to get into a fight with me since you take a special delight in having egg all over your face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:in view of Charvaka's abuse of Admin power.
Which specific admin power do you accuse me of abusing?

the fact that it was understood that you would not login as Admin AT ALL (except in exceptional situations like violation of a poster's privacy), and yet you continued to login despite my strong protest. If only you would have said that a poster has asked you to delete their profile ID there would have been no fight about you logging in as Admin. But you love to get into fights, and you refused to resolve the issue amicably which was a relatively easy thing to do. By picking a fight with me, instead of clarifying why you had to login in as admin, you revealed that you do not deserve to be Admin in the first place.
Again, which specific admin power do you accuse me of abusing? I logged in to (a) delete a user account on express request from its owner, and (b) delete a post that contained personal information on request from that user. Both are legitimate exercises of admin power as stated often before. Letting you get into a ferment because you start shooting before asking questions has nothing to do with admin powers; that's just something I enjoy watching you do.

The fact that you refused to offer a clarification about deleting Tracy's handle ID and instead preferred fighting with me, and telling lies and making false claims about me (like claiming i find Aurangzeb secular) is in my opinion a misuse of Admin power. I was expressing a genuine concern: i do not want you logging in as Admin whenever you want. This is something you have yourself declared: that you would login as Admin only in an extreme situation.
The fact that you refused to address my genuine concern, and instead preferred to fight with me, (indicating to me that you would be logging in as Admin whenever you want to) was in my opinion a misuse of Admin powers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
I don't see any reference to you there. Again, did Genghis Khan have a sense of humor?

Let others decide who is the liar and slanderer:

Propagandhi711 wrote:dear akbar,
please remove rashmun from such forum. he's less entertaining than the talking tom cat game my kid likes to play on ipad2 and more annoying than timeofindia popup ads.

panini press wrote:LOL. The latest fixation is on Aurangzeb. Did you know that Aurangzeb is secular? He built some Hindu temples.

https://such.forumotion.com/t6366-petition-to-akbar#50098

the only person who has written a forum post about Aurangzeb particularly with reference to the fact that Aurangzeb built and gave funding for some hindu temples (besides destroying other hindu temples) was yours truly right here:
https://such.forumotion.com/t6351-krishna-temples-in-vrindavan-have-a-huge-mughal-influence#49918

Add to that the fact that your reply was to a post of Propa in which he was referring to me.

PP Method fails yet again!

https://such.forumotion.com/t6367-pp-does-poo-poo

character assassination of another poster by the Admin of a forum through telling lies and falsehoods is in extremely poor taste, even if one argues that it is not an abuse of Admin power.
In my opinion PP has destroyed the trust of many posters here by making false claims like his claim that i consider Aurangzeb to be secular even when i had slammed Aurangzeb for reimposing jaziya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 am

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Now that you logged on as Admin today, did you note down the IP address of my computer?
No. I have never looked for the IP address of any poster. I have no need for that information.

You have been dishonest on so many occasions in the past that i have no reason to believe you on this point.
Then why did you ask the question?

If you believe I have mala fide intentions, why do you entrust me with your IP address? Your claims of disbelief in me are not backed up by your own actions. If I distrust the administrator of any webiste, I don't visit that site, period. Despite your bombast to the contrary, you have a very high level of trust in my integrity. And that trust has never been violated, or you wouldn't continue to visit here voluntarily and risk exposing your information to someone who violated your trust.

on the one hand PP says that he would not be logging in as Admin (except in extreme situations like if a poster's personal details are revealed by others). He says he wants to be treated like any other poster.

On the other hand PP also encourages me to stop posting on this forum when he claims that he himself does not visit sites where he he has issues with the Admin of that site. The problem with PP is that he needs to reminded repeatedly that this site is not his personal property. It belongs to all posters who have posted on Sulekha CH for years and years. Many of us have posted on Sulekha from before PP ever showed up.

Instead of encouraging people like Seva and Sandilya (who have refused to join this forum because they had long drawn fights with PP on Sulekha) to post here, he now wants both Luke Warmus and me to also stop posting on this forum. For instance, he claimed some time back why Luke was on this site when he has no friends here. (He is incidentally wrong about Luke not having friends here.)

If PP would have his way, diversity on this forum would come to an end.

Some Profile's wisdom in asking ex-Sulekha posters to post in a forum where no poster has Admin power (where Admin power can never be misused) is much appreciated in view of what has happended.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Now that you logged on as Admin today, did you note down the IP address of my computer?
No. I have never looked for the IP address of any poster. I have no need for that information.

You have been dishonest on so many occasions in the past that i have no reason to believe you on this point.

If you believe I have mala fide intentions, why do you entrust me with your IP address? Your claims of disbelief in me are not backed up by your own actions. If I distrust the administrator of any webiste, I don't visit that site, period. Despite your bombast to the contrary, you have a very high level of trust in my integrity. And that trust has never been violated, or you wouldn't continue to visit here voluntarily and risk exposing your information to someone who violated your trust.

on the one hand PP says that he would not be logging in as Admin (except in extreme situations like if a poster's personal details are revealed by others). He says he wants to be treated like any other poster.

On the other hand PP also encourages me to stop posting on this forum when he claims that he himself does not visit sites where he he has issues with the Admin of that site. The problem with PP is that he needs to reminded repeatedly that this site is not his personal property. It belongs to all posters who have posted on Sulekha CH for years and years. Many of us have posted on Sulekha from before PP ever showed up.

Instead of encouraging people like Seva and Sandilya (who have refused to join this forum because they had long drawn fights with PP on Sulekha) to post here, he now wants both Luke Warmus and me to also stop posting on this forum. For instance, he claimed some time back why Luke was on this site when he has no friends here. (He is incidentally wrong about Luke not having friends here.)

Some Profile's wisdom in asking ex-Sulekha posters to post in a forum where no poster has Admin power (where Admin power can never be misused) is much appreciated in view of what has happended.

PP, if i had a high opinion of your integrity i would not have gone out of my way to ask you not to login as Admin whenever you wish to. The fact that i have attracted enough attention on this issue is sufficient for me. You and I both know that you will kill this forum if you keep logging in as Admin as per your whim.

Another point: the fact that you chose to tell lies about me (like your claim that i consider Aurangzeb secular) and the fact that that made you end up with egg on your face can hardly be evidence of any respect for your integrity.
Just so you know i have zero respect for your integrity. What i do know is that i have the power to screw you in various ways if you misuse your Admin powers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:No. I have never looked for the IP address of any poster. I have no need for that information.

PP, if i had a high opinion of your integrity i would not have gone out of my way to ask you not to login as Admin whenever you wish to. The fact that i have attracted enough attention on this issue is sufficient for me. You and I both know that you will kill this forum if you keep logging in as Admin as per your whim.

Another point: the fact that you chose to tell lies about me (like your claim that i consider Aurangzeb secular) and the fact that that made you end up with egg on your face can hardly be evidence of any respect for your integrity.
Just so you know i have zero respect for your integrity. What i do know is that i have the power to screw you in various ways if you misuse your Admin powers.

wow is this a direct threat? can FBI be activated now to send their black hawk helicopters? also is the screwing going to be sideways or straight?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

wow is this a direct threat? can FBI be activated now to send their black hawk helicopters? also is the screwing going to be sideways or straight?

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:hahaha, interesting. enjoyed reading that again. excuse me, hahahahahaha.

the context: poopah711 portrayed himself as "modern man." one piece of evidence he provided for his modernity was that he frequently ate beef steak! after his daughter was born, modern man wanted to administer the "junnu" ritual to her, and he made enquiries here - of indophile, who presumably knows all about rituals - on how to conduct it, and where to get the required "junnu," the first milk produced by a cow immediately after it has given birth.

my post was prompted by the contradiction between "modern man" and the junnu ritual in which one might need to force-feed an infant a rare form of milk stolen from a newly-born calf and its lactating mother. and for what?

https://such.forumotion.com/t4838p150-to-flimflam#38956

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Propa let me know if you need a little more Luke Warmus medicine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 am

Rashmun wrote:Propa let me know if you need a little more Luke Warmus medicine.

why, were you planning to suck it out of his wang and use it?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Luke Warmus wrote:
why are the telugus of sulekha so crude? why does propagandhi711 talk so familiarly about cleveland steamers (a steaming mass of feces deposited on a female lover's chest or belly while she's sleeping, probably as a perverse sexual act)?

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/indians-dont-know-how-to-cook-1091827.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu May 24, 2012 5:03 pm

men are very crude these days. 99% of it has to do with porn.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Luke Warmus wrote:
why are the telugus of sulekha so crude? why does propagandhi711 talk so familiarly about cleveland steamers (a steaming mass of feces deposited on a female lover's chest or belly while she's sleeping, probably as a perverse sexual act)?

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/indians-dont-know-how-to-cook-1091827.htm

oh so you want a phlegmy steamer. I'm sure he'll oblige but you'll probably have to wait. he probably poops once a week at his age

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Luke Warmus wrote:

oh so you want a phlegmy steamer. I'm sure he'll oblige but you'll probably have to wait. he probably poops once a week at his age

flimflam2 wrote:
has vaani shaved her legs yet? i remember your compalining bitterly about her in sulekha's chat room, hoping to win the sympathy of the women there.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/weekend-makeover-828232.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun May 27, 2012 1:23 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rashmun

If it is easy to create a forum why not try and attract posters. Charvaka's contribution extends beyond creating forum. He participates at regularnintervals. Posts on multitude of topics. Is freindly and respecful to all posters. Above all his arguments are logical and are backed up by facts.

This nut job did try that...he setup a splinter party but no one joined other than his two other alteregos...so he came back with tail tucked meekly between his legs.

That forum he started was a beauty..lol....looked like something a 6 yr old autistic kid would design..crazy large fonts, weird colors....if website design is a expression of the designer's mindset, it certainly looked crazy enough to only come from rashmunna's obsessive brain just as the craziness was peaking. Maybe someone can dig up those old posts where he was hawking it pathetically and ppl snickered politely.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

If it is easy to create a forum why not try and attract posters. Charvaka's contribution extends beyond creating forum. He participates at regularnintervals. Posts on multitude of topics. Is freindly and respecful to all posters. Above all his arguments are logical and are backed up by facts.

This nut job did try that...he setup a splinter party but no one joined other than his two other alteregos...so he came back with tail tucked meekly between his legs.

That forum he started was a beauty..lol....looked like something a 6 yr old autistic kid would design..crazy large fonts, weird colors....if website design is a expression of the designer's mindset, it certainly looked crazy enough to only come from rashmunna's obsessive brain just as the craziness was peaking. Maybe someone can dig up those old posts where he was hawking it pathetically and ppl snickered politely.

I don't approve of people who make fun of people with serious psychiatric illnesses. It is not nice.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

flimflam2 wrote:
## it wasn't intended to be wit, you twit. i was serious. as serious as you were when you:

## - whined about...[Vaani's] hairy legs in disgust, to elicit the sympathy of women in sulekha's old chat room, about six years ago.

## - were in the chat room all day long when you spent a month or two at your company's san diego office, with your tongue hanging out, trying to "pick up" the firmly-married women here, because bittu singh fobby took you for a ride, and told you stories about all the "hott bytches" of sulekha with whom he had had sex!

## - recounted in a post your attainment of your loftiest sexual experience when you drove across the border from vancouver to seattle with a friend, picked up a floozie from a bar, took her to a hotel, and watched, as your friend played with her in bed!

## - told us about another of your "sexual" experiences - watching a woman with bare breasts in a chain restaurant, and being scared away by her large boyfriend when you stared at them. (i have no idea why the woman was exposing her breats in a public place; perhaps she needed to breast-feed her baby.)

## - bragged about your highest attainment in life: NOT marrying a telugu woman, but a kannadiga! hahaha!

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/weekend-makeover-828232.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3