Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?

+13
doofus_maximus
Another Brick
SomeProfile
Silhouette
harharmahadev
ashaNirasha
The Absolute Zero
Mosquito
Hellsangel
artood2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rekz
charvaka
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Replacing Administrator of this forum

Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?  Vote_lcap23%Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?  Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?  Vote_lcap77%Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?  Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?  Empty Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Let us hear from all users of this forum.

Back to top Go down

Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?  Empty Re: Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Let's add a third option: Rashmun as Admin.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?  Empty Re: Should Adminstrator of this forum be replaced?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm

i voted charvaka needs to be replaced as admin. we need a more neutral guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:30 pm

charvaka wrote:Let's add a third option: Rashmun as Admin.

--> no. i count myself out. i propose either HK, AB, or MD as Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:30 pm

no, "rashmun as admin" is not acceptable till we decide upon the shortlist of the neutral members on this forum. obviously you are not on that list. another brick and merlot are worthy candidates. as also impedimenta. but only if they have an inclination. there are always options.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:31 pm

oh i made the above post without reading rashmun's post. i'm glad and astonished that we have a consensus on the likely candidates. you can say deja vu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 pm

I voted against CAR.

Somehow i feel he is part of "gang" who are against BBB:P .

I like to add he was doing a good job as an admin.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:36 pm

charvaka wrote:Let's add a third option: Rashmun as Admin.

I nominate my neighbor's Dog.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:36 pm

I am happy with Charvaka and please note that a lot of people joined the forum with the notion that C will be moderating the forum and trusted him to maintain privacy. Now if you change the moderator the new moderator gets acess to all data which may not be acceptable to all. If you are questioning C' neutrality then run the forum without a moderator. This forum runs fine without admin intervention and we can run it that way.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:37 pm

I think we should give C a chance to change his attitude, become neutral. He should refrain from reacting to posts that cause friction. An administrator usually are observers and monitors abuse on the posts. He should not take sides or criticize members.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Rekz wrote:I voted against CAR.

Thanks. Who is this BBB I am against?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Priya wrote:I think we should give C a chance to change his attitude, become neutral. He should refrain from reacting to posts that cause friction. An administrator usually are observers and monitors abuse on the posts. He should not take sides or criticize members.

--> C has made it very clear that he wishes to behave like a regular poster. It will be a burden off his shoulders in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Priya wrote:I think we should give C a chance to change his attitude, become neutral. He should refrain from reacting to posts that cause friction. An administrator usually are observers and monitors abuse on the posts. He should not take sides or criticize members.

That was never the case with this forum. The role of moderator was fairly clear when this forum was setup and C deserves full rights as poster.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 pm

charvaka wrote:

Baa baa blacksheep.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm

artood2 wrote:I am happy with Charvaka and please note that a lot of people joined the forum with the notion that C will be moderating the forum and trusted him to maintain privacy. Now if you change the moderator the new moderator gets acess to all data which may not be acceptable to all. If you are questioning C' neutrality then run the forum without a moderator. This forum runs fine without admin intervention and we can run it that way.
Rashmun has used my being Admin in his fight against me, but I have not even logged in admin through these fights. My arguments with individual posters have nothing to do with who administers this forum. And honestly, this forum does not need admin intervention at all any more. The last few times I logged in was to add more features or help out a user reset a password -- which is a lot, lot more than we had back at old CH.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm

This argument doesn't make any sense. Carvaka has not posted that was not expected out of him. It is ridiculous for people not expect somebody to be a part of discussion because they are admins.
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:41 pm

I think I need a vacation. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:41 pm

charvaka wrote:
artood2 wrote:I am happy with Charvaka and please note that a lot of people joined the forum with the notion that C will be moderating the forum and trusted him to maintain privacy. Now if you change the moderator the new moderator gets acess to all data which may not be acceptable to all. If you are questioning C' neutrality then run the forum without a moderator. This forum runs fine without admin intervention and we can run it that way.
Rashmun has used my being Admin in his fight against me, but I have not even logged in admin through these fights. My arguments with individual posters have nothing to do with who administers this forum. And honestly, this forum does not need admin intervention at all any more. The last few times I logged in was to add more features or help out a user reset a password -- which is a lot, lot more than we had back at old CH.

--> in my opinion, the Admin of this forum should avoid getting into fights altogether.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:42 pm

good point!

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Priya, the reason I bothered to create a new forum when old CH was under attack was because I enjoyed my spirited interactions with CHers. I certainly am not up for a community where I have to play elder statesman and stop myself from saying anything that might offend someone. My firm belief is that as long as I don't take ANY moderation actions as admin, it does not matter what I say. I am 100% committed to "no moderation" so I am not going to moderate my own posts either.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> in my opinion, the Admin of this forum should avoid getting into fights altogether.

do you think he is taking advantage of his administrative priviliges in his fight against you? If so, in what ways?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Priya wrote:I think we should give C a chance to change his attitude

i agree, we should not rush to conclusions lest conclusions jump at us.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:44 pm

charvaka wrote:

I agree with you. You should have full rights as poster.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Rashmun wrote:in my opinion, the Admin of this forum should avoid getting into fights altogether.
That would be a convenient way to shut me up. But I didn't do all the work to create this forum just so I would sit on the sidelines without engaging in vigorous debates.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 pm

charvaka wrote:
Priya, the reason I bothered to create a new forum when old CH was under attack was because I enjoyed my spirited interactions with CHers. I certainly am not up for a community where I have to play elder statesman and stop myself from saying anything that might offend someone. My firm belief is that as long as I don't take ANY moderation actions as admin, it does not matter what I say. I am 100% committed to "no moderation" so I am not going to moderate my own posts either.

--> Since the admin is privy to information like email ID and IP address information, it is better that someone who doesn't keep getting into fights take up the admin position.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Priya wrote:I think I need a vacation. Very Happy

lol!
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Individual discussions have nothing to do with the role as an admin. His integrity in either role is unquestioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:46 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:in my opinion, the Admin of this forum should avoid getting into fights altogether.
That would be a convenient way to shut me up. But I didn't do all the work to create this forum just so I would sit on the sidelines without engaging in vigorous debates.

--> full credit to you for creating this forum. but now its time to relinquish the admin position to someone who doesn't repeatedly get into fights: someone like AB, MD, or HK.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> Since the admin is privy to information like email ID and IP address information, it is better that someone who doesn't keep getting into fights take up the admin position.

Rashmun, these issues have been addressed on this forum multiple times. You were asked to use a 10min email id and I am sure HK or AB posted how to hide your IP.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Dear Satya Upadhyayji, aren't you acting like a 7-year old?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:49 pm

artood2 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Rashmun, these issues have been addressed on this forum multiple times. You were asked to use a 10min email id and I am sure HK or AB posted how to hide your IP.

--> new members on this forum would not know about these things. at any rate, i am uncomfortable being on a forum where the admin keeps getting into fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:49 pm

artood2 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:--> in my opinion, the Admin of this forum should avoid getting into fights altogether.

do you think he is taking advantage of his administrative priviliges in his fight against you? If so, in what ways?
This is the real question.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:

--> new members on this forum would not know about these things. at any rate, i am uncomfortable being on a forum where the admin keeps getting into fights.
Dear Satya Upadhyayji, no one is forcing you at gun-point to stay here.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Baa baa blacksheep.

ayyiyooo:roll: CAR is leading...

Based on some post dicussion i started to develop a feeling that admin might abuse his power...now don't ask me which post and what post,can't dig it out.As i said above i have no major complaints on such CH admin.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:51 pm

charvaka wrote:
artood2 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:--> in my opinion, the Admin of this forum should avoid getting into fights altogether.

--> its just that as a matter of principle i think the Admin of a forum needs to hold himself to higher standards than other members. in particular he needs to avoid getting into repeated fights with other members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Yes. The admin is rigging this poll.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:--> new members on this forum would not know about these things.
There is a sticky on this topic advising new members about how to protect their privacy.

Rashmun wrote:at any rate, i am uncomfortable being on a forum where the admin keeps getting into fights.
Are you? If so, you should have known that I kept getting into fights on old CH. Perhaps you meant: "I am uncomfortable being on a forum where the admin keeps into fights with me. It's OK if he keeps getting into fights with others who also fight with me."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:52 pm

charvaka wrote:

BBB = Blip Blop Blah => inane boring posts that add nothing to any discussion whatsoever...

Caravaka's doing fine...my vote for him as an admin. And yes, he has the right to post on this forum as a member as much as any of us do. I don't think his interactions as a user has affected his completion of major admin chores at all. Some of us joined this forum mainly because he was the admin and would like him to continue his good work as an admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Rashmun wrote:--> new members on this forum would not know about these things. at any rate, i am uncomfortable being on a forum where the admin keeps getting into fights.

Admin login times are visible to you, he last logged in as admin on 16th July. email instructions used to be a sticky.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:54 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:--> new members on this forum would not know about these things.
There is a sticky on this topic advising new members about how to protect their privacy.

Rashmun wrote:at any rate, i am uncomfortable being on a forum where the admin keeps getting into fights.
Are you? If so, you should have known that I kept getting into fights on old CH. Perhaps you meant: "I am uncomfortable being on a forum where the admin keeps into fights with me. It's OK if he keeps getting into fights with others who also fight with me."

--> if you are replaced as Admin by HK, AB, or MD, there is a good chance that Seva, Sandilya, and Luke Warmus would join this forum. The only reason they did not join this forum is because they are uncomfortable being on a forum with you as Admin. Do you agree?

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:55 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
artood2 wrote:

--> its just that as a matter of principle i think the Admin of a forum needs to hold himself to higher standards than other members. in particular he needs to avoid getting into repeated fights with other members.

This was very well chronicled when this forum ws started and was explained by C on Sulekha CH. The idea was to run it as unmoderated as Sulekha.

Last edited by artood2 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:56 pm

artood2 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
artood2 wrote:

This was very well chronicled when this forum ws started and by C on Sulekha CH. The idea was to run in as unmoderated as Sulekha.

--> But the Sulekha admins don't come on the forum and fight with other posters.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:--> its just that as a matter of principle i think the Admin of a forum needs to hold himself to higher standards than other members. in particular he needs to avoid getting into repeated fights with other members.
Hahaha. I was getting into fights all the time on old CH. It's just that most of those fights were with supporters of chaddis, not with supporters of the Congress. I suppose the principle in question is "Admin needs to not fight with supporters of Congress; if he wants to fight with BJP supporters, that's fine."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Dear Satya Upadhyayji, do you know the difference between an administrator and a moderator?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:
artood2 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
artood2 wrote:

This was very well chronicled when this forum ws started and by C on Sulekha CH. The idea was to run in as unmoderated as Sulekha.

--> But the Sulekha admins don't come on the forum and fight with other posters.

Rashmun, the background was very clear. We all signed up knowing this and so far, I think, C has struck to what he promised. In my opinion, this forum is fine without any admin.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:Let us hear from all users of this forum.

He has performed ADMIRABLY as an administrator. I strongly feel that he should continue. I might consider leaving if admin changes - not that it matters to many, that too for you.

You never had any problem for the last 3 months. You have one argument in which YOU DRAGGED his family member (not that anyone was surprised), and now question his role as an administrator.

If anything you should be the one on trial.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Rashmun wrote:if you are replaced as Admin by HK, AB, or MD, there is a good chance that Seva, Sandilya, and Luke Warmus would join this forum.
You think so, after observing HK/AB-Lukeji and MD-Seva/Sandilya for all these years? Hahaha.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Richard Hed wrote:
charvaka wrote:

BBB = Blip Blop Blah => inane boring posts that add nothing to any discussion whatsoever...

Caravaka's doing fine...my vote for him as an admin. And yes, he has the right to post on this forum as a member as much as any of us do. I don't think his interactions as a user has affected his completion of major admin chores at all. Some of us joined this forum mainly because he was the admin and would like him to continue his good work as an admin.

wo wo wo! here comes DKHEAD, I have been regular on SUCH for all these months,apart from your drooling on Tracy love stories..i have not seen "valuable" contributions on any dicussions here:) .

You constantly want some attention from BBB,that's the whole truth.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Let us hear from all users of this forum.

He has performed ADMIRABLY as an administrator. I strongly feel that he should continue. I might consider leaving if admin changes - not that it matters to many, that too for you.

I second that - IMO it just isn't worth my energies, I feel with an admin carousel. C's been doing a good job as an admin (a role which is thankless in nature many a time).

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: I nominate my neighbor's Dog.

So your own dawg is no good for this naukri? Or is he going to be intimidated by Rashmum?Razz

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next