Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scores even and 34 secs left

4 posters

Go down

scores even and 34 secs left Empty scores even and 34 secs left

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 30, 2012 11:22 pm

can boston pull away with a win from miami?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

scores even and 34 secs left Empty Re: scores even and 34 secs left

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 pm

overtime.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 30, 2012 11:25 pm

nobody here thought three pairs of aging legs and a young but incredibly talented point guard could do anything this year. it's a miracle they've come this far.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 30, 2012 11:49 pm

tough loss in a brutal game. will be hard to recover from this.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 31, 2012 12:01 am

It was a thrilling game, the Heat team was lucky tonight.

I like the Lebron and Wade duo.. After a long time..although Jordan and Pippen are still my favorites.

Will give the Celtics a lot of credit (esp Rondo!) If the Heat were not playing against them, would support them. Can never count Champions out. But, hope LeBron gets that Championship ring to be truly among the Great ones!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu May 31, 2012 11:22 am

Celtics and Thunder are done and dusted.

Heat Vs Spurs will go to game 7. Heat pulling it off by a whisker. That's my prediction.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 31, 2012 11:37 am

I hope your prediction comes true DM:)

I do have a soft corner for old champions like Tim Duncan..he is so low-key and not so glamorous..but his great record speaks for itself.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu May 31, 2012 11:45 am

I hate the Spurs because they complain to refs like sissies. Their defensive players will manhandle the opponent's best offensive player and nothing should come of it. But if anyone just touches or bumps Manu or TP, all the players will start complaining to the refs.

PS: I stopped watching NBA 4 years ago. All this gyan is from my intuition and just general bias.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 31, 2012 11:49 am

Who does not have a bias when it comes to..well, almost anything!

I usually don't watch the Spurs play, unless it's the finals or some important game..they are quite boring.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Thu May 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Spurs vs thunder is the best basketball series this season. If you cna watch the Eastern conference borefest, the WC finals would be heaven. These spurs are your SSOL Suns with slightly better defence.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Kudos to the Celtics!

As I said on May 30th, can never count Old Champions out, who are battle hardened and can come up with their best! Paul Pierce is on my top 10 NBA Players list of favs of all time. He is good..seems so dignified, unrattled..does not have the razzle-dazzle..well, is semi-charismatic, which good enough!

Having said that, I am quite disappointed that LeBron and Dwayne, who are so talented, were flat and fell short (and I wanted them to win), in such an important game. While there is still a chance, it would take monumental effort to play against veterans who can rise up to the occasion. A MVP is expected to more..must have the will to do more.

L and D have to earn their legend status and shiny stars..it would be too bad, if they go soft again.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:48 pm

LOL @ my prediction. Hey..eWeryone thought like I did.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:02 pm

It's alright DM!

I am with you..in good and bad times!

Does anyone know..what's going to happen next- and make perfect predictions anywhere.. in anything..Politics? Economy? We live in unpredictable/uncertain times (seems like never before!) Everyone seem lost..and happy when what they like- comes true (conincidence, luck, destiny, whatever you call it)!

*Well, in regards to sports..It's not like Paul or LeBron or Tim are going to send us gifts! Well, I'll send you a gift basket and you can send me one too, and we'll cheer each other up:) ..and this will be over..and we'll wait for the next NBA season..in the meantime.. College Football, NFL, Tennis..something will come up!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:05 am

Well, it was a good time-last night (for LeBron fans like me who want to see him live up to-be worthy of the expectations) and the Heat stayed true to their name and did not turn cold.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james-stares-down-elimination--celtics-with-wilt-chamberlain-like-performance-.html

Not sure what can happen in Game 7..but, no matter what happens..he gave it his best (unlike Game 5 - when he just can't sustain the pace and slows down after 2/3 quarters)..but, if he plays like this.. can't ask for more.

Kudos again to the Celtics..it's always about the Company you keep or play against in sports, in life..people who are just brilliant in what they do- do it upfront, fair and square (whether they are for or against you)..who bring out the best in you..I am sure LeBron forever owes the Celtics who pushed him..to showcase the gifts and magic he has..in a memorable game!

Speaking of gifts..while care packages to encourage someone are nice..I would rather send them to you-DM..when things are good!Smile
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:11 am

It was nice to see the ending to the Eastern Conf. Finals as a LeBron-Heat fan Very Happy ! It was nice to follow the series and post my comments in this thread started by Max (thanks Max).

I will be watching LeBron's journey..esp. to the Championships in 2012..but, since this thread was really about the Celtics- think it would be appropriate for me to end my updates.

Kudos to the Celtics, and all the great future Hall of Famers! It was quite exciting indeed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/finals-heat-top-celtics-101-032146997--nba.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down