Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A tale of 2 forums

3 posters

Go down

A tale of 2 forums Empty A tale of 2 forums

Post by CroMagnon Tue May 17, 2011 10:19 am

New CH and old CH remind me of 2 Orkut communities I was an active member of - "Atheists vs Theists" and "Atheists".' A vs T was a place where Atheists and Theists could reason with each other. Atheists was a forum for Atheists to discuss anything under the sun.

A vs T was a active community with long discussions sometimes going about 200-300 posts. Despite long discussions there was monotony - Theists would come, regurgitate the same lame arguments and would be countered by the same old arguments from Atheists. In the end, nobody changed their positions or views.

Atheists, OTOH, was a much less active community. Even though the purpose of the community was to discuss anything under the sun, mostly threads related to religion were posted. Since there was nothing to argue about, there were very few discussions. Someone would start a new thread, there would be a few nods of acknowledgements, a few would post similar links or youtube videos and that would be it.

I unsubscribed myself from the A vs T community since I couldn't take the regurgitation of the same arguments ad infinitum anymore. I joined thinking I could change people's views by well reasoned arguments, but I soon discovered how naive that line of thinking was.

So I decided to stick to a boring congregation of like-minded people than suffer the agony of dealing with retards.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

A tale of 2 forums Empty Re: A tale of 2 forums

Post by Impedimenta Tue May 17, 2011 10:24 am

hey, who you calling boring? we got ugly padma sandals, yummy ice creams, sleepless night tales, sleazster stories and much more....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 17, 2011 10:26 am

Impedimenta wrote:hey, who you calling boring? we got ugly padma sandals, yummy ice creams, sleepless night tales, sleazster stories and much more....

And Bharathanattiyam divas.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down