Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamils here and in other forums. Why are they more patriotic?

4 posters

Go down

Tamils here and in other forums. Why are they more patriotic? Empty Tamils here and in other forums. Why are they more patriotic?

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I notice that Tamils in facebook and other forums like tamilnadutalk are more patriotic than Tamils here? Why? Is it because most of us here live in US and many of those have lost touch with Tamil Nadsu, Tamil people and Tamil?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Tamils here and in other forums. Why are they more patriotic? Empty Re: Tamils here and in other forums. Why are they more patriotic?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:24 am

it's because in facebook and tamilnadutalk you can clip dissension at its roots. your posts like "admin please ban so and so" will not go unheard.

Back to top Go down

Tamils here and in other forums. Why are they more patriotic? Empty Re: Tamils here and in other forums. Why are they more patriotic?

Post by FlowerPower Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:55 am

Patriotism comes from a feeling of belonging, I guess most of the people are essentially rootless i.e. Tamilnadu is just a warm fuzzy feeling not a reality anymore for most people who have emigrated and visit probably once in a couple of years.

while its nice to vent on forums like this and try to put on a display of overt patriotism but ask even one to do something tangible on the ground most would back-off even before one could say "off with his head"

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:15 pm

OK. My question is why most Tamil posters in forums like TNtalk and most Tamils in facebook are more patriotic? What make them different from most Tamils here?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Identity is like a comforter/cloak. When it is cold and desolate out there, you want to build a little campfire and snuggle into a comforter for warmth.

When you crave acceptance, you look for mutual appreciation - so you can bask in the mediocrity from where you arose.

When the checkered linen you called a bed sheet is torn and filthy from years of abuse, and you are offered the comfort of a JCP bed-in-a-bag, and every single hurdle in your path is removed and the sky is the limit in exchange for a very simple contract of following the Rules, you cave in, and pledge your blood and honor and everything else in-between to defend the flag that cloaks you in possibilities.

ps. yes, i had a little time to indulge Smile

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:14 pm

atcg wrote:Identity is like a comforter/cloak. When it is cold and desolate out there, you want to build a little campfire and snuggle into a comforter for warmth.

When you crave acceptance, you look for mutual appreciation - so you can bask in the mediocrity from where you arose.

When the checkered linen you called a bed sheet is torn and filthy from years of abuse, and you are offered the comfort of a JCP bed-in-a-bag, and every single hurdle in your path is removed and the sky is the limit in exchange for a very simple contract of following the Rules, you cave in, and pledge your blood and honor and everything else in-between to defend the flag that cloaks you in possibilities.

ps. yes, i had a little time to indulge Smile

Tamils here and in other forums. Why are they more patriotic? A>

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down