Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's amir khan's problem?

5 posters

Go down

what's amir khan's problem? Empty what's amir khan's problem?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 pm

a) he is a muslim
b) he is a muslim and old
c) alla miya appeared in his dream to tell him he should use his position to show people how islam is the best way of life

i mean other than the first and pesticides episodes, all the others were boring.
he was talking about dowry system and objected big weddings..bcz muslims dont believe in celebrating shadi? bcz they serve only one sabzi and rice at receptions ( talkin abt sania mirza's wedding reception)
ofcoz he couldnt just say that explicitly but he is implying islam's simplicity is the way to go and asking ppl to look down upon ppl who like big weddings.

now bcz alla doesnt allow alcohol, its also a bad thing?
everyone knows too much of anything is bad and man can do equal amout of damage even without drinking. the whole muslim world is a proof of that.

SMJ is losing its appeal to me now..i havent watched the alcohol episode yet but WTH

whats next? women wear short skirts and thats y its only natural for guys to rape them. everyone shud practice purdah and that idols are powerless so ppl shud not be andhvishwasi and blv in super power alla?
da H

Back to top Go down

what's amir khan's problem? Empty Re: what's amir khan's problem?

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:37 pm

I don't know what Aamir Khan's problem is. Your problem seems to be that you have a problem with Muslims, and you hear everything that any Muslim says through the lens of his being a Muslim.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:01 pm

seven wrote:now bcz alla doesnt allow alcohol, its also a bad thing?
everyone knows too much of anything is bad and man can do equal amout of damage even without drinking. the whole muslim world is a proof of that.
spot on. that is like folks-against-drugs condemning the legalizing of marijuana in some states/countries. the problem is not with the drugs but with you. you smoke despite the warning on the cigarette pack. if you ban it, it becomes a subversive drug and more inviting to some. i am not saying all drugs should be legalized -- alcohol and marijuana are the least harmful. the lethal/dangerous drugs should continue to be banned. who decides which drug is in which category is a contentious issue but it is not comparable with societal evils like dowry and female foeticide. if you want to address the alcohol habit among the poor men/families of india, then do so explicitly. i haven't watched this show -- will.

https://www.facebook.com/AapChutiyeHain/posts/354980037907116

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 pm

oh, he is only advocating that alcohol should be used with caution. kosher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:24 pm

panini press wrote:I don't know what Aamir Khan's problem is. Your problem seems to be that you have a problem with Muslims, and you hear everything that any Muslim says through the lens of his being a Muslim.

it seems so bcz u r still wearing ur secular lens. try to read what i wrote and tell me if he is not propaganding islam.

was he talking about dowry or expensive weddings? every maa-baap want to do the best they can for their kids. if a poor man wants to celebrate by inviting the whole village for dinner, bcz it will make him happy and double his khushiyan then its ok but if a rich dad wants to throw a big party for his daughter's wedding then its a bad thing. why?

i watched sardard movie ishakzaade kal...maybe i'll feel differently about amir's SMJ tomorrow drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:oh, he is only advocating that alcohol should be used with caution. kosher.

i'll watch it later today...and i am sure he is not saying explicitly that alcohol should be banned. he is just showing it in bad light and focusing on all the homes it ruined etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:45 pm

seven wrote:try to read what i wrote and tell me if he is not propaganding islam.
I read what you wrote. The only propaganding I detect there is your propaganding of your anti-Muslim biases.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:01 pm

panini press wrote:
seven wrote:try to read what i wrote and tell me if he is not propaganding islam.
I read what you wrote. The only propaganding I detect there is your propaganding of your anti-Muslim biases.

Ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:08 pm

just so everyone knows, this is not an anti-islam propaganda.
i'm only making an observation here. i don't like amir questioning fat indian weddings and i think its inspired by his muslim thinking.

and i also dont like habib faisal for ishakzaade. anyone who doesnt know much abt india will think, muslims are mistreated by hindus and hindus are animals like parma

maha lame movie

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:43 pm

If questioning fat weddings is a muslim thing i am guilty of it. If amirs topics are allislam based how come we never see muslims talk about love marriages?

All the shows i watched were relevant current issues of interest to indiains. If islam preaches the same more power to it. Can you also find some muslim who follow those principles. May be they can run india better.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:46 pm

seven, that was just a group of muslims at some region who shunned fat weddings. they were revolting against their own community's old habits. it was not shown as if it's a muslim thing to have simple weddings. guess u misunderstood. On their part, Amir Khan's team try to cover all regions and religions of India on all issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:09 pm

truthbetold wrote:If questioning fat weddings is a muslim thing i am guilty of it. If amirs topics are allislam based how come we never see muslims talk about love marriages?

All the shows i watched were relevant current issues of interest to indiains. If islam preaches the same more power to it. Can you also find some muslim who follow those principles. May be they can run india better.

i dont see anything wrong with spending money on wedding celebrations. and now that i have eaten lunch, i dont hate amir khan's SMJ as much as i did earlier today.

he is addressing all the current issues in india, i agree. and his research team is also good. but i also feel he only tells one side's story and almost hold the other party guilty of things. like govt. nvr got to explain or talk about their challenges in making india disable-friendly. or doctors to explain their side of the story. i red on FB a doctor's note (maybe i'll find it and post here), that the woman who died during the kidney transplant operation, actually did give permission to operate and she had wanted this done from past 2 years..since she started going for dialysis.

india there is probably one doctor for every 100 ppl. smtimes mistakes happen and smtimes doctors are careless too but its bcz they r over worked maybe. ppl shud take charge of their health and ask doctor's questions.

i wonder if he'll address other problems like muslims reproduction trends in india and bangaldeshi infilteration. this is serious, is it not?

bbl

oh and tw, i know it was just one group and goodluck to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:36 pm

panini press wrote:

The only conclusion I've is 7 doesn't quite use her brain cells or she is a troll.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Seven
it is a wise move to drop muslim angle. If your criticism was true amir stillnhas right to propagate his beliefs. He woul be killing two birds at the same time - propagate his religious beliefs and make tons money from non believers.
You seem to imply that amir doesnnot allow opposing views on his show. I agree with you. On topics like organics vs pesticides or doctor fees or fat weddings there is scope for alternate view point. Amir chose the advocacy role. However it is futile to expect sensible defence on topics like female child killing.
Despite advocacy i like his show because of his huge celebrity status he forces the attention of people in power and draws indifferent indian masses. Kudos to his courage to touch some raw emotional issues.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Silk Smitha wrote:
panini press wrote:

The only conclusion I've is 7 doesn't quite use her brain cells or she is a troll.

nothing more can be said after silk concludes. maybe just one thing...it's more like i ignored amir's obviously good intention and focused on biased thoughts because i dont like islam, silk concludes random stuff about me ignoring the point i am trying to make bcz she doesn't like me.

simbal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 am

truthbetold wrote:Seven
it is a wise move to drop muslim angle. If your criticism was true amir stillnhas right to propagate his beliefs. He woul be killing two birds at the same time - propagate his religious beliefs and make tons money from non believers.
You seem to imply that amir doesnnot allow opposing views on his show. I agree with you. On topics like organics vs pesticides or doctor fees or fat weddings there is scope for alternate view point. Amir chose the advocacy role. However it is futile to expect sensible defence on topics like female child killing.
Despite advocacy i like his show because of his huge celebrity status he forces the attention of people in power and draws indifferent indian masses. Kudos to his courage to touch some raw emotional issues.

i like the show too and am very impressed, inspired etc. by amir khan's initiative.
about that fat wedding show, did he want to say don't spend too much money on wedding celebrations or he was saying torturing girls for dowry is despicable and should be discouraged?

the later i think. so the title he chose for the show was two birds with one arrow thing and i didnt like it. i know if i had a chance i'd do it too. so can't be so mad at amir ..esp when he looks so cute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:35 am

seven wrote:so can't be so mad at amir ..esp when he looks so cute
yup. Razz just chill. he's doing a good thing and without any agenda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:46 am

seven wrote:so can't be so mad at amir ..esp when he looks so cute

Boils my blood to see even NRI patriot women swoon over Islamic propagandists' looks. I'm tellin ya - this is one big Islamist conspiracy to unleash all these good looking Khans on our innocent womenfolk. Fellow NRI patriots, send in your checks to VHP today. We need to keep those Muslims where they belong - in tailoring shops.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:00 am

LOL. is salman khan exempt? he is half-hindu, na? (yaar)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:09 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:LOL. is salman khan exempt? he is half-hindu, na? (yaar)

No. No exemptions. Remember, it's not just the women - even the menfolk are at risk (going by wise Unkil Uppili's traumatic experiences) if they step out after 8pm.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:07 pm

seven wrote:a) he is a muslim
b) he is a muslim and old
c) alla miya appeared in his dream to tell him he should use his position to show people how islam is the best way of life

i mean other than the first and pesticides episodes, all the others were boring.
he was talking about dowry system and objected big weddings..bcz muslims dont believe in celebrating shadi? bcz they serve only one sabzi and rice at receptions ( talkin abt sania mirza's wedding reception)
ofcoz he couldnt just say that explicitly but he is implying islam's simplicity is the way to go and asking ppl to look down upon ppl who like big weddings.

now bcz alla doesnt allow alcohol, its also a bad thing?

SMJ is losing its appeal to me now..i havent watched the alcohol episode yet but WTH

whats next? women wear short skirts and thats y its only natural for guys to rape them. everyone shud practice purdah and that idols are powerless so ppl shud not be andhvishwasi and blv in super power alla?
da H

Was it about alcohol or alcoholism?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down