Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like Kanimozhi did not inherit her dad's wily ways

4 posters

Go down

Looks like Kanimozhi did not inherit her dad's wily ways Empty Looks like Kanimozhi did not inherit her dad's wily ways

Post by sambarvada Sun May 22, 2011 8:25 pm

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/how-kanimozhi-got-here-13566.html#disqus_thread

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Looks like Kanimozhi did not inherit her dad's wily ways Empty Kanimozhi's reading habits

Post by sambarvada Sun May 22, 2011 8:41 pm

When I met Kanimozhi in January, while researching a profile of her father for Caravan magazine, she was reading an issue of Granta, a London-based literary magazine praised for high-brow literary taste. Not something that one associates with an Indian parliamentarian.

This week, at the 2G trial in the Special Court of the Central Bureau of Investigation in Delhi, she had in her hand filmmaker Pradeep Kishan’s botanical catalogue, Trees of Delhi, and a colonial-time anthropological chronicle of the Tamils by Simon Casie. Chitty: The Castes, Customs, Manners and Literature of the Tamils.

Knowledge of the botanical demography of Delhi will likely come handy for someone who will be making the city her home for a while.

===> With all the literary pretensions, the woman is still a thief.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Looks like Kanimozhi did not inherit her dad's wily ways Empty Re: Looks like Kanimozhi did not inherit her dad's wily ways

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 22, 2011 9:58 pm

She is too much of an intellectual, too literate, and too raw for "active" politics.

She would have become a great politician (meaning superbly corrupt) if she had served as an MLA for a term, standing for an MP seat after 2 years, and serving DMK in an organizational capacity. That would have given her lessons in making money without appearing in the Radar.

If she comes out of this unscathed or at least drags on for 2 to 3 years through appeals, etc... she will come out a big winner in the public eyes. She will be considered a wronged woman, alone, and a fighter.

Indira and JJ were in a similar situation after their huge defeats and corruption charges in 1977 and 1996, respy.

Just hang on Kani-baby, you and JJ will become Hasina and Khaleda of TN.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Looks like Kanimozhi did not inherit her dad's wily ways Empty Re: Looks like Kanimozhi did not inherit her dad's wily ways

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 22, 2011 10:01 pm

it's really funny how my parents and in-laws are both totally excited about JJ coming back to power. IMO there is only one reason for their excitement but they won't admit it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 pm

The Tambrahms have a subconscious liking for the Brahmin JJ, just like Christians have for Sonia and Muslims have for any muslim candidate. There may be exceptions but that applies to most people. No one will accept it openly but it is there in all of them - deep inside.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 22, 2011 10:13 pm

maybe because i haven't lived in india for a long time, i can't accept this way of thinking. in my mind i can't draw a distinction between her and the MK family thugs. the difference is only in the degree of thuggery. hardly something to be proud of.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun May 22, 2011 11:32 pm

That is why you are called an educated elite, who believes in utopia.

An overwhelming number of MPs are highly educated - majority of them are lawyers. But despite their education, they ALWAYS think in terms of caste - bcz caste politics in India is equal to vote-bank politics in the US: The NRAs, Right wingers, Pro-choice, Blacks, hispanics, etc..

Thuggery is a necessary qualification for Indian politicians, and that should not be a factor in deciding the quality of a politician.

But, i do agree that JJ is no less accomplished in thuggery or autocracy than MK. But, who is the alternative ? Captain Vijayakanth/ Anbumani Ramdoss? G. K. Vasan ? It is all a question of relativity. Hopefully, JJ will spend a little more on development than MK did.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon May 23, 2011 1:33 am

The brahmin rallying around JJ- to the extent it happens- is more of a reaction. In other words, absent MK and his goons, they probably would be more inclined to see JJ for what she is. This is different from the blind caste affiliations you are referring to, altho' the net effect is the same

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 1:35 am

When I met Kanimozhi in January, while researching a profile of her father for Caravan magazine, she was reading an issue of Granta,

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon May 23, 2011 1:37 am

Just hang on Kani-baby...

>>>> I am thinking TN CM within 5 years..

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 1:43 am

kalaignar tv returned 200 crores to that company that had been favoured with a 2g license. did she really return it? did granta have anything to do with it?

edit. changed sun to kalaignar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down