Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South is South and North is North

3 posters

Go down

South is South and North is North Empty South is South and North is North

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon May 23, 2011 8:40 pm

South is South and North is North

Lalitha Krishnan Nair

I presently live in the United States where my husband works. I usually watch the television show "Martha Stewart Living". It deals with cooking, household works, decorations, etc. One of the shows in late 2000 was about Indian dresses and Indian cooking. An Indian woman was the guest and guide. Whenever she talked of North Indian food, she almost always referred it as Indian food but whenever she talked of South Indian food, she almost always made it a point to refer it as South Indian food.

Also, if you go to any major city in the United States, you will find many "Indian Restaurants", most of them serving North Indian cuisine and may be a few serving South India cuisine. The former is seldom advertised as serving North Indian dishes but simply as serving Indian dishes while the latter invariably advertise as serving South Indian dishes.

Read the full article at

http://www.tamiltribune.com/01/1102.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

South is South and North is North Empty Re: South is South and North is North

Post by Anthrone Mon May 23, 2011 10:18 pm

I agree here with you for the first time KV, but we have no popularity as southies...(mind you I did not say South Indians). This is one of the reasons I dont like Indian Restuarants rather sticks with Pizza or a veggie burger at subways if things gets out of hand...

Anthrone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon May 23, 2011 10:33 pm

I was i NYC in February. I found 2 reasonable Tamil restaurants on Lexington between 27th and 28th.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:I was i NYC in February. I found 2 reasonable Tamil restaurants on Lexington between 27th and 28th.
Where are you the rest of the year?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down