Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North-South fusion

+4
pravalika nanda
MaxEntropy_Man
Captain Bhankas
nevada
8 posters

Go down

North-South fusion Empty North-South fusion

Post by nevada Thu May 16, 2013 1:59 am

http://sports.ndtv.com/indian-premier-league-2013/news/207838-sreesanth-two-other-rajasthan-royals-players-arrested-for-spot-fixing-report

Kerala pacer S. Sreesanth and two other players of the Rajasthan Royals Indian Premier League team have been arrested by the Delhi Police and charged with spot-fixing in the on-going tournament.

Sreesanth and the others, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan, were arrested in a secret swoop at the Trident Hotel in Mumbai, where they were staying, and will be brought to Delhi to be produced in court.

The police have also arrested seven bookies. Police sources said the players have been accused of spot-fixing in different matches this week. They also said that the arrests were part of an investigation conducted over months by the special cell of the Delhi Police into alleged spot-fixing in the cash-rich IPL tournament, the sixth edition of which is being played now.

The Rajasthan Royals franchise, which is co-owned by Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, has said in statement that, "We are completely taken by surprise... We will fully cooperate with the authorities to ensure a thorough investigation. The management at Rajasthan Royals has a zero-tolerance approach to anything that is against the spirit of the game." (READ full statement)

30-year-old Sreesanth, a veteran of 53 ODIs and 27 Tests, has been in controversy before over a fight with spinner Harbhajan Singh in the 2008 edition of the IPL.

Chandila, 29, has played for Haryana and the Delhi Daredevils in the IPL previously. Chavan, 27, has played for Mumbai.

Spot fixing is the manipulation of a particular ball or wicket in a cricket tournament, which is then betted upon.

Betting on sports is illegal in India but is allegedly big business in the IPL and is run by underground syndicates in Mumbai and other parts of the country. Sources said bookies often operate out of vehicles now to avoid detection.

nevada

Back to top Go down

North-South fusion Empty Re: North-South fusion

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 16, 2013 2:10 am

their careers are over. sreesanth had a fledgling career anyway. but chandila and chavan could have made a few bucks in IPL. especially chandila. now they have no hopes whatsoever.

expect sreesanth to weep, and dish out some syrupy, emotional statement.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Thu May 16, 2013 3:48 am

this is getting uglier by the hour. however, unkil seems to be firing blindly.

Conspiracy by Dhoni, Harbhajan, claims Sreesanth's dad : Sreesanth's father tells the Malayala Manorama news channel that he was trapped because of a conspiracy by MS Dhoni and Harbhajan Singh, reports Firstpost.com

"Ever since he spoke out against Harbhajan on Twitter, the two decided to take him out," his father said.

Sreesanth was very close to Dhoni and knew many of his personal details, his father said, without explicitly saying what it had to do with this case. "Dhoni had threatened him that he would never be taken back in the test side," his father said.

"He is innocent, this is a conspiracy to defame him," his mother told CNN-IBN.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 16, 2013 7:29 am

if this taints the IPL as an institution that makes me immeasurably happy. i hate the IPL.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu May 16, 2013 7:54 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if this taints the IPL as an institution that makes me immeasurably happy. i hate the IPL.

** me too, that's just because i hate cricket and indian cricketers; it can't be so hard to hit a ball really really hard but they make it look so tough and then treat it as an accomplishment. india needs a real sport.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 8:25 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if this taints the IPL as an institution that makes me immeasurably happy. i hate the IPL.

** me too, that's just because i hate cricket and indian cricketers; it can't be so hard to hit a ball really really hard but they make it look so tough and then treat it as an accomplishment. india needs a real sport.
hahahahahahaahahaahaahahahahahahahahaa!

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu May 16, 2013 8:33 am

nevada wrote:http://sports.ndtv.com/indian-premier-league-2013/news/207838-sreesanth-two-other-rajasthan-royals-players-arrested-for-spot-fixing-report

Kerala pacer S. Sreesanth and two other players of the Rajasthan Royals Indian Premier League team have been arrested by the Delhi Police and charged with spot-fixing in the on-going tournament.

Sreesanth and the others, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan, were arrested in a secret swoop at the Trident Hotel in Mumbai, where they were staying, and will be brought to Delhi to be produced in court.

The police have also arrested seven bookies. Police sources said the players have been accused of spot-fixing in different matches this week. They also said that the arrests were part of an investigation conducted over months by the special cell of the Delhi Police into alleged spot-fixing in the cash-rich IPL tournament, the sixth edition of which is being played now.

The Rajasthan Royals franchise, which is co-owned by Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, has said in statement that, "We are completely taken by surprise... We will fully cooperate with the authorities to ensure a thorough investigation. The management at Rajasthan Royals has a zero-tolerance approach to anything that is against the spirit of the game." (READ full statement)

30-year-old Sreesanth, a veteran of 53 ODIs and 27 Tests, has been in controversy before over a fight with spinner Harbhajan Singh in the 2008 edition of the IPL.

Chandila, 29, has played for Haryana and the Delhi Daredevils in the IPL previously. Chavan, 27, has played for Mumbai.

Spot fixing is the manipulation of a particular ball or wicket in a cricket tournament, which is then betted upon.

Betting on sports is illegal in India but is allegedly big business in the IPL and is run by underground syndicates in Mumbai and other parts of the country. Sources said bookies often operate out of vehicles now to avoid detection.

I agree with Sreesanth's father.

NorthIndians Dhoni and Harbhajan have deliberately gone after SouthIndian Sree, to end his cricket career.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu May 16, 2013 8:41 am

Sreesanth is a loose cannon. Never cared much for his outbursts and childish behavior. Unlike Max I love IPL. I follow the matches closely and enjoy watching the foreign players team up with Indians to win games. Great spirit.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

LOL....
PN should be renamed Bradman of SuCh.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 16, 2013 11:02 am

doofus_maximus wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

LOL....
PN should be renamed Bradman of SuCh.

I agree with her: "oh dear, let me twist my wrist daintily and see if the ball goes any slower once it leaves the bat.... oooh, that looked good now am tired and I need some drinks" & "...mmm I look so sportsmanlike in my pads and the helmet keeps my hair from getting all dirty while looking like we're playing a dangerous sport. that reminds me to buy curlers for the annual ball mmm hmmm"

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down