Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i m an idiot

3 posters

Go down

i m an idiot Empty i m an idiot

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:24 pm

idiocy 1

• sharp squared rock in the middle of the road. See it late, try to save, it hits front passenger tire anyway.
  • the same tire later hits a raised manhole as there is a long stretch of unpaved road near home.
  • car was driving fine, so drove 5 miles.
  • thought of checking the air somewhere, but it's 7:30 pm.
  • came home and forgot about it.

idiocy 2

• discover complete flat tire next morning when had to drive kids out
  • dunno how to change tires

idocy 3

• neighbor offered help, discovered there is no key in the car anywhere.
  • there is a small hole in the tire, but on the side. can't help there. he said he could have fixed it if it was in the flat part.
  • AAA said they not gonna break the lock, they would rather tow. On second thots, should have let the service guy come and deal with it.
  • dealership said they can't come home.
  • decide towing is too much.
  • meanwhile daughter is going nuts. Calling the dad over and over, but not letting him talk to me, in panick mode. 'Why didn't you take care of it last night? Why are you never prepared
    for anything. Why do you strongly believe that nothing can go bad with
    you, ever, when it so often does'.

idocy 4

• drove down to the closest auto shop a mile away, on UNPAVED roads.
  • daughter had a fit attack in that 4 min drive. Was convulsing by the time we got there.
  • tire is blasted totally. Had no idea it was this bad. The hole was tiny puny, but guess the unpaved road did it.
idiocy 5

• the people there break the lock and put the donut on.
  • then the helper guy asks if he can 'take care' of the tire for me, or do I want to take it back.
  • something doesn't sound right. specially when the owner kept quiet when the assistant offers to keep it.
  • I am thinking, 'hmm this tire is gone, what will I do with it'. Forgot I need the rim. Actually not forgot, assumed this thing is so destroyed that the whole thing will need to be changed anyway.
idiocy 6

• went to the dealership. he is like, 'u were supposed to be here 2 hours ago, but i will take u in'.
  • then comes back with - where is the rim, how can u give away the rim, how can those people ask u for the rim. It MAY be destroyed, but we would have liked to see it first. we don't keep rims in the stock.
  • Made Monday appointment with them.
idiocy 7

• i drive back to the auto repair shop, but were closed.

I am now gonna be pissed with myself until monday and maybe more. I left them a voice mail, but I don't know if I will get the rim back. It was the assistant who offered to keep it, not the owner. If I don't get it back, or if it is destroyed, then it's a loss of 400-500 bucks. The dad will come tonight and is saying he will take care of it monday morning and that I can drive his car monday.
I need to get a quick refresher course in auto and stuff. or else i will keep getting into idiotic situations like these. Where do I go registering for some such class?

Back to top Go down

i m an idiot Empty Re: i m an idiot

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:idiocy 1

• sharp squared rock in the middle of the road. See it late, try to save, it hits front passenger tire anyway.
  • the same tire later hits a raised manhole as there is a long stretch of unpaved road near home.
  • car was driving fine, so drove 5 miles.
  • thought of checking the air somewhere, but it's 7:30 pm.
  • came home and forgot about it.

idiocy 2

• discover complete flat tire next morning when had to drive kids out
  • dunno how to change tires

idocy 3

• neighbor offered help, discovered there is no key in the car anywhere.
  • there is a small hole in the tire, but on the side. can't help there. he said he could have fixed it if it was in the flat part.
  • AAA said they not gonna break the lock, they would rather tow. On second thots, should have let the service guy come and deal with it.
  • dealership said they can't come home.
  • decide towing is too much.
  • meanwhile daughter is going nuts. Calling the dad over and over, but not letting him talk to me, in panick mode. 'Why didn't you take care of it last night? Why are you never prepared
    for anything. Why do you strongly believe that nothing can go bad with
    you, ever, when it so often does'.

idocy 4

• drove down to the closest auto shop a mile away, on UNPAVED roads.
  • daughter had a fit attack in that 4 min drive. Was convulsing by the time we got there.
  • tire is blasted totally. Had no idea it was this bad. The hole was tiny puny, but guess the unpaved road did it.
idiocy 5

• the people there break the lock and put the donut on.
  • then the helper guy asks if he can 'take care' of the tire for me, or do I want to take it back.
  • something doesn't sound right. specially when the owner kept quiet when the assistant offers to keep it.
  • I am thinking, 'hmm this tire is gone, what will I do with it'. Forgot I need the rim. Actually not forgot, assumed this thing is so destroyed that the whole thing will need to be changed anyway.
idiocy 6

• went to the dealership. he is like, 'u were supposed to be here 2 hours ago, but i will take u in'.
  • then comes back with - where is the rim, how can u give away the rim, how can those people ask u for the rim. It MAY be destroyed, but we would have liked to see it first. we don't keep rims in the stock.
  • Made Monday appointment with them.
idiocy 7

• i drive back to the auto repair shop, but were closed.

I am now gonna be pissed with myself until monday and maybe more. I left them a voice mail, but I don't know if I will get the rim back. It was the assistant who offered to keep it, not the owner. If I don't get it back, or if it is destroyed, then it's a loss of 400-500 bucks. The dad will come tonight and is saying he will take care of it monday morning and that I can drive his car monday.
I need to get a quick refresher course in auto and stuff. or else i will keep getting into idiotic situations like these. Where do I go registering for some such class?

All it should have taken is a simple BUZZ.

Oh...expect the dealer to change ALL 4 rims + all 4 TIRES = $1000

Please allow me to rub it in: I defer it.

P.S. if you had gone to a tire shop, he will find a junkyard rim for $30 and a tire for 80$.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:29 pm

I think you actually did pretty good. You are waaay better than me. i didn't even understand half the stuff that you wrote (will clarify e'thing in chat).

Necessity forces you to learn and make you more independent, knowledgeable and wise. You'll get better with time.

PS: You did very well with the oven and the dead rat. Pat on your back for that.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Was talking to bff for two hours while licking my wounds. I googled, there seem to be quite a few classes for women for learning auto stuff. Looks like my kinda problem is pretty common. Now need to filter out how many of them are scams too. Anyhoos, bff said when you are signing up, tell me coz I wanna go too. So that's what I am gonna do next. Two bffs who have led over-protected lives will together learn how to change oil and tires!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:Was talking to bff for two hours while licking my wounds. I googled, there seem to be quite a few classes for women for learning auto stuff. Looks like my kinda problem is pretty common. Now need to filter out how many of them are scams too. Anyhoos, bff said when you are signing up, tell me coz I wanna go too. So that's what I am gonna do next. Two bffs who have led over-protected lives will together learn how to change oil and tires!

If I were living in your area, i'd have joined you both too. Knowledge is power! I need to get started too sometime soon. I'm so totally ignorant abt such stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Wow, very painful indeed. wow+ouch+omg+wtf all rolled into one.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:33 pm

some dealerships offer such free workshops, but am not able to find one yet. argh this is getting frustrating now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:00 pm

why don't you yelp?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Nats,
my tire got punctured due to a curb side hit at 7:30 pm. Near my workplace. Coworker came by to help. Changed tires - pulled the passenger back tire out to use it for front passenger side tire and used spare in the back. Coworker's experience helped. Stop bad mouthing hardworking locals.went to repair shop who replaced the tire at $18. He told me that at the time i bought the tires i paid for protection against such damage.

Moral is the less handy you are, more insurance you take to protect yourself and always have couple of handy guys phone numbers on your cell.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:08 pm

what do you mean by stop badmouthing hard working locals?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Nats,
before you get upset let me clarify. That sentence "stop bad mouthing ....." is not directed at you. It was a note to self.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:what do you mean by stop badmouthing hard working locals?
i suspected you will beat me to a correction. Please read my follow up i wrote before i saw this post from you.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down