Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bollywood movie

Go down

bollywood movie Empty bollywood movie

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 pm

i watched an indian movie today called "wake up, sid" which i chose randomly from the foreign movies section of netflix. it was nice, the mom was very beautiful and easy to relate to. the character "sid" was kind of boring and uninspiring. can you really afford to buy wine and go clubbing on an intern's salary in india? i find that hard to believe. mumbai is the kind of city that consumes you as soon as you land there and you are swept up in the dust and the smells and the traffic. you are physically jostled to the next destination by the swarm of people around you. and it is rich in color and street-food culture. the movie-maker fails to capture these elements and the movie is lacking due to that reason. i think they wanted to make a non-bollywood movie and so deliberately took mumbai out of it, so you're left with a mediocre movie for middle-class teens. anyhow, the good news is that there are no crazy people in the movie throwing tantrums and being unnecessarily loud and bollywood's trademark loud punjabi men in full sikh gear are also absent.

it's my second hindi movie from netflix. the first one i watched was "neal and nikki" which i liked.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down