Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

excellent movie on northindian feudalism and the condition of rural women

3 posters

Go down

excellent movie on northindian feudalism and the condition of rural women Empty excellent movie on northindian feudalism and the condition of rural women

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 pm

i just remembered this movie from long ago -- mirch masala. eminently watchable. how a village bargain its safety with a subedar of the british raj in return for one woman's honor. starring the very talented naseeruddin shah, smita patil and om puri. available on youtube.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

excellent movie on northindian feudalism and the condition of rural women Empty Re: excellent movie on northindian feudalism and the condition of rural women

Post by Rishi Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 pm

You forgot the most famous movie in the genre you mentioned. Ankur

While I was in graduate school, there was one guy from Andhra. His name was Vinay Kumar. He was a Reddy. He was bragging about how he coerced a female worker in his farm to have sex with him. He said the sex he had was of Ankur type. No sense of remorse.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

excellent movie on northindian feudalism and the condition of rural women Empty Re: excellent movie on northindian feudalism and the condition of rural women

Post by Idéfix Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Ankur is one of the best Indian movies I have ever watched. It shows feudalism, not in northindia, but in Andhra Pradesh. Vanaja, a more recent movie made by a film school student, also set in Andhra Pradesh, deals with similar issues.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down