current dating scene Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

current dating scene

+7
Propagandhi711
confuzzled dude
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
pravalika nanda
seven
southindian
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

current dating scene Empty current dating scene

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:04 pm

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/08/tinder-hook-up-culture-end-of-dating

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

current dating scene Empty Re: current dating scene

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:47 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/08/tinder-hook-up-culture-end-of-dating

So what is your choice ? OKCupid, Happn, Hinge or Tinder?

So which Naarthie is paying your Tinder Coupons? Is he a fitness guy, a pot bellied banker or a gray-beard Punju IT?...Razz

P.S. I noticed there was not a single line about the disease potential - when the guys are tindering 4 and 5 girls simultaneously and scoring 100 girls a year....By the time they marry, they all will be carrying warts and whatnot.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/08/tinder-hook-up-culture-end-of-dating

So which Naarthie is paying your Tinder Coupons? Is he a fitness guy, a pot bellied banker or a gray-beard Punju IT?...Razz

P.S. I noticed there was not a single line about the disease potential - when the guys are tindering 4 and 5 girls simultaneously and scoring 100 girls a year....By the time they marry, they all will be carrying warts and whatnot.
>>>And you wonder which self-respecting person will marry them, what kind of homes they will create and what kind of children they are going to raise.. Heaven help them.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:52 pm

Kris wrote:

>>>And you wonder which self-respecting person will marry them, what kind of homes they will create and what kind of children they are going to raise.. Heaven help them.

obviously they are indeed getting married. it is now "accepted" that young kids will be "like that" only. And notice that these are all mostly educated and earning well.

- into - is +

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:18 am

Kris wrote:

P.S. I noticed there was not a single line about the disease potential - when the guys are tinderming 4 and 5 girls simultaneously and scoring 100 girls a year....By the time they marry, they all will be carrying warts and whatnot.

obviously they are indeed getting married. it is now "accepted" that young kids will be "like that" only. And notice that these are all mostly educated and earning well.

- into - is +
"into?"

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am

swapna wrote:
Kris wrote:

P.S. I noticed there was not a single line about the disease potential - when the guys are tinderming 4 and 5 girls simultaneously and scoring 100 girls a year....By the time they marry, they all will be carrying warts and whatnot.

- into - is +
"into?"

a male with a - character "into" a woman with a -character becomes a +.

P.S. That is why I say that you are mega deficient in "Interpretation Science"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:54 am

swapna wrote:
Kris wrote:

- into - is +
"into?"

a male with a - character "into" a woman with a -character becomes a +.

P.S. That is why I say that you are mega deficient in "Interpretation Science"
after all these years of living in the u.s., do you still read "2 x 3" as "2 into 3," and not "2 times 3?" are you preserving indian culture?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:40 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/08/26/hookup-culture-isnt-the-problem-facing-singles-today-its-math/
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:23 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/08/26/hookup-culture-isnt-the-problem-facing-singles-today-its-math/

As Trump would have said..."Women are bimbos"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:14 pm

great article, exposes the hypocrisy of women in an unintended way

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm

this is so sad Sad
they will not experience love and heart breaks </3

10 years from now, these guys will be bunch of 40 year olds, still single and now competing with the new batch of guys. they wont even realize what hit them. 

girls interested in serious relationships should move to SF b-)

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:07 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:great article, exposes the hypocrisy of women in an unintended way
can you elaborate?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:38 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:great article, exposes the hypocrisy of women in an unintended way
can you elaborate?

i choose to not at this time. i may choose to change my mind at a later date and time of my choosing

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks for this app name. Will find out if this works in Europe, South America and India.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:07 pm

seven wrote:this is so sad Sad

10 years from now, these guys will be bunch of 40 year olds, still single and now competing with the new batch of guys. they wont even realize what hit them. 

SuCH maybe!!!??
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:32 pm

southindian wrote:

SuCH maybe!!!??
Absolutely! So many men n hardly any women here. 

Only problem is most of us are married.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:12 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/08/26/hookup-culture-isnt-the-problem-facing-singles-today-its-math/
thanks for the article. i finally read it.
the questions are:
why are men lagging behind in education?
are these under-educated men who are happy to marry highly-paid women willing to help out doing basic chores at home? being the homemakers?
some time back i read articles on this - marrying men who make less or men who are short - i was told that based on research these type of men tend to adhere gender stereotypes. the shorter they are and the tinier their self-esteem, the more they got to lord it over the woman, even when she is working hard at her job.
in my observation if that person is also raised in a conservative country like india, in a non-cosmoplitan / non-urban part of it, the situation is worse.
based on the above, i have crossed out all short and tall indina men making less than me and who claim to be moderate in their personal values (i have leanred that by "moderate" they mean they have never been kissed but might try it sometime after the wedding) who were brought up in an non-cosmpolitan environment.
propa talks about the hypocrisy of women when in actuality about one out of every two men use women to scale the social and economic ladder. terribly commonplace.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:26 pm

pn, dating anyone interesting lately?

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:pn, dating anyone interesting lately?
no. given that i'm young, attractive, healthy and make more than most indina men and have had an urban upbringing and a progressive, liberal outlook it is quite likely that i will be dating less and less and eventually end up unmarried but fairly content with life anyway.

my days and years will be filled with my work, my siblings and their families, my parents, my friends, my colleagues and students, and exploring new things and taking on new challenges, swimming, spa, gymming, gardening and music.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:40 pm

not to worry, baby doll, i will get laid.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:48 pm

"will be a bunch of 40-year-olds," not "will be bunch of 40-year-olds."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
no. given that i'm young, attractive, healthy and make more than most indina men 

>>>Are you counting men in India or US- based Indian males? If it is the latter, there is a sizable segment that makes quite a bit of money, unless the stats are skewed in your geographic proximity.

my days and years will be filled with my work, my siblings and their families, my parents, my friends, my colleagues and students, and exploring new things and taking on new challenges, swimming, spa, gymming, gardening and music.

>>>Please don't convince yourself of this. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:54 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:not to worry, baby doll, i will get laid.
scratch scratch scratch scratch

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:11 pm

>>>Who is this baby doll and why would that doll be worried about this? Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:31 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
no. given that i'm young, attractive, healthy and make more than most indina men and have had an urban upbringing and a progressive, liberal outlook it is quite likely that i will be dating less and less and eventually end up unmarried but fairly content with life anyway.

I don't believe much of what you're saying. 

it must be true that you're earning more than you used to, probably because you've completed your internship, but it's likely that numerous men and women earn more than you do, but even that is not quite relevant.

if I were about your age, I wouldn't want to "date" - that word is outdated - or know you. it's extremely rare for an indian's upbringing to be liberal or progressive, especially if his/her parents left india decades ago. 

furthermore, you are much too anxious about "dating," men, sex, money, what you are, and the kind of superficial life you want to lead.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:22 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
the questions are:
are these under-educated men who are happy to marry highly-paid women willing to help out doing basic chores at home? being the homemakers?
some time back i read articles on this - marrying men who make less or men who are short - i was told that based on research these type of men tend to adhere gender stereotypes. the shorter they are and the tinier their self-esteem, the more they got to lord it over the woman, even when she is working hard at her job.
in my observation if that person is also raised in a conservative country like india, in a non-cosmoplitan / non-urban part of it, the situation is worse.
based on the above, i have crossed out all short and tall indina men making less than me and who claim to be moderate in their personal values (i have leanred that by "moderate" they mean they have never been kissed but might try it sometime after the wedding) who were brought up in an non-cosmpolitan environment.
propa talks about the hypocrisy of women when in actuality about one out of every two men use women to scale the social and economic ladder. terribly commonplace.

you gotta have your head so deep up your ass to make a patently false statement like that. the exact opposite is true

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:26 am

swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

it must be true that you're earning more than you used to, probably because you've completed your internship, but it's likely that numerous men and women earn more than you do, but even that is not quite relevant.

if I were about your age, I wouldn't want to "date" - that word is outdated - or know you. it's extremely rare for an indian's upbringing to be liberal or progressive, especially if his/her parents left india decades ago. 

oh by implication, you're rarer than the fucking unicorn with your progressive and liberal views for your time. every asshole on this planet thinks he/she's special, that's what makes them so commonplace

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:27 am

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
no. given that i'm young, attractive, healthy and make more than most indina men 

>>>Are you counting men in India or US- based Indian males? If it is the latter, there is a sizable segment that makes quite a bit of money, unless the stats are skewed in your geographic proximity.

she makes a lot more than urban indian males, doing better everyday thanks to the conversion rate

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:35 am

Kris wrote:
oh that was for beatrix.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:43 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
the questions are:

you gotta have your head so deep up your ass to make a patently false statement like that. the exact opposite is true
** what do you have to say about the dowry system? the woman pays a large sum to the man she is married to, usually decades of her father's savings and even after that provides services such as sex, housekeeping, cooking, socializing, companionship, cheerleading, childbearing etc to the husband. i would say that a woman provides about 90000 dollars worth of service to her husband each year. if the woman also works that number goes up of course.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 am

swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

if I were about your age, I wouldn't want to "date" - that word is outdated - or know you.
** I don't believe you.

it's extremely rare for an indian's upbringing to be liberal or progressive, especially if his/her parents left india decades ago. 

furthermore, you are much too anxious about "dating," men, sex, money, what you are, and the kind of superficial life you want to lead.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:48 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

** what do you have to say about the dowry system? the woman pays a large sum to the man she is married to, usually decades of her father's savings and even after that provides services such as sex, housekeeping, cooking, socializing, companionship, cheerleading, childbearing etc to the husband. i would say that a woman provides about 90000 dollars worth of service to her husband each year. if the woman also works that number goes up of course.

Hellooooooo...this is 2015....not 1955.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:56 am

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
no. given that i'm young, attractive, healthy and make more than most indian men 

** i have spoken to a few who make 600K or more, they're more primitive than chimps in theri thinking and so fail to meet my criteria. also they're on the west coast. men my age in the east coast don't make as much as they do. and i don't have to marry for money or pedigree. i just have to marry someone i like and am compatible with. i make enough to have that kind of freedom.
** why would i count indian men?they're not part of the picture.

** no i am fairly resigned to these possibilities and moreover i am curious to see how i will evolve left to my own devices, without the distractions of a husband, children and housework and the consequences of chilbirth on my body. i suspect that marriage and children are over-rated. there are so many things in life that matter, not just those.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:59 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

yes, and indinas are still taking dowry and telling thier wives what to do.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:33 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
no. given that i'm young, attractive, healthy and make more than most indian men 

** i have spoken to a few who make 600K or more, they're more primitive than chimps in theri thinking and so fail to meet my criteria. also they're on the west coast. men my age in the east coast don't make as much as they do. and i don't have to marry for money or pedigree. i just have to marry someone i like and am compatible with. i make enough to have that kind of freedom.

** no i am fairly resigned to these possibilities and moreover i am curious to see how i will evolve left to my own devices, without the distractions of a husband, children and housework and the consequences of chilbirth on my body. i suspect that marriage and children are over-rated. there are so many things in life that matter, not just those.
>>>Oh, it is obviously your prerogative to opt for non-chimpish or non-Indian men Smile. I was just asking about the "most Indian men making less money" part. I think you are in your early thirties and the Indian male population in this country in that age bracket is heavily skewed toward having a tech professional background. Their earnings are not exactly shabby from what I know.

i suspect that marriage and children are over-rated.

>>>It depends on whom you marry and who you are.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:59 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
oh that was for beatrix.
Ok. T-dub has a new name now...hahahha.

P.S. I shall refer to her henceforth as B.D. She is bound to kill me if I use Baby Doll.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:33 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Are you saying wives dont tell their husbands what to do or dont take/charge their husbands credit cards?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:26 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Are you saying wives dont tell their husbands what to do or dont take/charge their husbands credit cards?
>>>PN's knowledge is theory-based from outdated books. She is not married and hence the misperception. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:40 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

>>>PN's knowledge is theory-based from outdated books. She is not married and hence the misperception. Smile

PN's knowledge is based on visions she has once in a while when she has high fever and hallucinating

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:56 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

>>>Oh, it is obviously your prerogative to opt for non-chimpish or non-Indian men Smile. I was just asking about the "most Indian men making less money" part. I think you are in your early thirties and the Indian male population in this country in that age bracket is heavily skewed toward having a tech professional background. Their earnings are not exactly shabby from what I know.

** oh, how much do they make on average?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

PN's knowledge is based on visions she has once in a while when she has high fever and hallucinating
how about you answer my question, you dummy?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:09 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

>>>PN, For specifics, check with some techies you know, especially ones who have independent contracts.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:18 pm

Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>PN, For specifics, check with some techies you know, especially ones who have independent contracts.
** no, i was actually more curious to know what you think they make cuz you already seem to have an idea.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Pravu, I do notice that desi girls of your generation have/had a tough time getting married. We had a few frustrated single desi (ABCD)girls in Sulekha a few years ago. I hope they're all married and settled now. Endukala? Is it because of the scarcity of Indian american men in your age group? Have you considered the option of finding the suitable ones from India; doctors, techies and all?

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Kinnera wrote:Pravu, I do notice that desi girls of your generation have/had a tough time getting married. We had a few frustrated single desi (ABCD)girls in Sulekha a few years ago. I hope they're all married and settled now. Endukala?
** i don't know, i'm quite content to be single. only two days before my egg goes dead i might feel bad, but that's hormonal not cognitive.
Is it because of the scarcity of Indian american men in your age group?
** not at all, they're a dime a dozen.
Have you considered the option of finding the suitable ones from India; doctors, techies and all?
**why would i marry someone from india????? that's so freaking weird!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:13 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Kris wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

** no, i was actually more curious to know what you think they make cuz you already seem to have an idea.
** how much i'm making is a moot point really and  i'm curious to know why you have are having this much trouble digesting the "most Indian men making less money" part.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:15 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Pravu, I do notice that desi girls of your generation have/had a tough time getting married. We had a few frustrated single desi (ABCD)girls in Sulekha a few years ago. I hope they're all married and settled now. Endukala?
** i don't know, i'm quite content to be single. only two days before my egg goes dead i might feel bad, but that's hormonal not cognitive.
Have you considered the option of finding the suitable ones from India; doctors, techies and all?

1. Why not? 2. Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Kinnera wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

1. Why not? 2. Why?
it is not possible for me to get to know a guy from india due to the distance and differing time zones. from a security perspective i would not be able to verify his education, financial situatioon, exposure to STDs, or if he has had previous marriage or divorces, and if he has the capacity to get a job in the united states. i mean really kinnera, this is such a bullshit idea. i have no reason to marry some random guy from india even if he was a suitable guy and had all the looks and money in the world. my mind does not work that way. and why should i marry at all???? there's nothing wrong with being single other than that it  makes everyone else uncomfortable.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Kinnera wrote:Pravu, I do notice that desi girls of your generation have/had a tough time getting married. We had a few frustrated single desi (ABCD)girls in Sulekha a few years ago. I hope they're all married and settled now. Endukala? Is it because of the scarcity of Indian american men in your age group? Have you considered the option of finding the suitable ones from India; doctors, techies and all?

a guess -- maybe because they have higher expectations of what they want from a partner than the prior gen, and are willing to make fewer compromises.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:32 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

1. Why not? 2. Why?
it is not possible for me to get to know a guy from india due to the distance and differing time zones. from a security perspective i would not be able to verify his education, financial situatioon, exposure to STDs, or if he has had previous marriage or divorces, and if he has the capacity to get a job in the united states. i mean really kinnera, this is such a bullshit idea. i have no reason to marry some random guy from india even if he was a suitable guy and had all the looks and money in the world. my mind does not work that way. and why should i marry at all???? there's nothing wrong with being single other than that it  makes everyone else uncomfortable.
You must be having family in India, right? Couldn't they have done the background check. He could be a distant relative or a someone the family knew, etc...you know the way it works in arranged marriages. And then you have the internet and phones to get to know the guy well. I'm just wondering why you didn't expand you pool. 

The thing is, are you really happy about being single or have you compromised to stay contented coz you have no choice? It will be a problem later in life if it's the latter. If everyone around you that you talked about above (siblings, friends, cousins, etc) is married and has a family of his/her own, then you can't butt into their lives too frequently. They'll have their own thing going on and you'll end up feeling lonely. Just saying. Can't bank on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next