My secret to losing weight, staying fit and healthy  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My secret to losing weight, staying fit and healthy

2 posters

Go down

My secret to losing weight, staying fit and healthy  Empty My secret to losing weight, staying fit and healthy

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Weight watchers diet is medically and scientifically proven to be the best diet plan for a healthy life style. It’s doable forever. Here’s how i did/do it:

1. Focusing on weight watchers zero point foods which includes all fruits and veggies (except potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, avacados), lentils (dals), beans (chole, chana, rajma, etc), fish, skinless chicken and turkey, nuts, etc. Zero points, but still eat in moderation. Don’t stuff too much coz these are zero points. 

2. Eat mostly whole grains, but making sure not to eat too many carbs. Whole grains coz they have low GI values and hence keep you full for long and you don’t get hungry for long. That helps big time. 

3. Don’t give up eating everything else, the ones with points coz the more you resist, the more you crave. Eat them, but not all at once. Eat a little, enjoy it and stop right there. Have the rest for the next day and the day after. 

4. Do intermittent fasting. It helps to have early dinner (by 7 pm, at the most 8. not after that) and don’t eat or drink anything until 8am or so the next day. That would be a solid 12-13 hrs of fasting.

Losing weight is 80% about your food. Exercise is to tone up your body and get fit (I thank myself for that during my strenous hikes) and most importantly, to feel good. I am addicted to the endorphins and all the happy hormones that are released during workouts. I feel wasted and down if i don’t workout. It has nothing much to do with weighloss though.

Back to top Go down

My secret to losing weight, staying fit and healthy  Empty Re: My secret to losing weight, staying fit and healthy

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Whole eggs are recently added to the zero point foods. Have a couple of boiled eggs for breakfast. Only 160 cals, but you feel full until lunch time. 

Parboiled rice has low gi index. If you don’t like brown or red rice, can try parboiled.

Though fruits and veggies have zero points, have more veggies than fruits if you want to lose weight faster coz fruits have more cals than fruits.

Back to top Go down

My secret to losing weight, staying fit and healthy  Empty Re: My secret to losing weight, staying fit and healthy

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 pm

Carbs (complex or simple) are good as long as we don't eat in excess and regularly burn the calories (unspent carbs end up becoming fats that get stored). Your suggestion about pooling carbs from different sources (especially, fibre containing vegetables) is a good one. Decreasing starchy carbs is also a good suggestion. Proper sleep is another good habit to have. Keeping muscle mass at an optimum level is good (muscles can efficiently burn excess carbs when we exercise). Remember that there are essential amino acids and essential fatty acids (BUT NOT essential carbs). So, make sure you get those as well in the diet.

Keeping the healthy bacteria in the gut in good numbers is essential. Drink plain Kefir. The fibre you eat in the diet you suggest, provides nutrition for the microorganisms in the gut. There is evidence that they decrease inflammation and contribute to decreasing appetite and improving overall wellbeing.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Carbs (complex or simple) are good as long as we don't eat in excess and regularly burn the calories (unspent carbs end up becoming fats that get stored). Your suggestion about pooling carbs from different sources (especially, fibre containing vegetables) is a good one. Decreasing starchy carbs is also a good suggestion. Proper sleep is another good habit to have. Keeping muscle mass at an optimum level is good (muscles can efficiently burn excess carbs when we exercise). Remember that there are essential amino acids and essential fatty acids (BUT NOT essential carbs). So, make sure you get those as well in the diet.

Keeping the healthy bacteria in the gut in good numbers is essential. Drink plain Kefir. The fibre you eat in the diet you suggest, provides nutrition for the microorganisms in the gut. There is evidence that they decrease inflammation and contribute to decreasing appetite and improving overall wellbeing.
I agree about carbs. There’s this crazy diet fad going on in AP. Everyone was talking about it in India on my recent trip there. The Veeramachineni diet. It’s almost like keto diet. Absolutely no carbs. I tried it just for the heck of it. Wanted to do it for 10 days, but gave up after only three. I was miserable. My brain seemed to have gone dead. Felt fuzzy, lost sleep, lost memory, was low in energy and no satiety. I did lose three pounds in three days (maybe it’s water), but i couldn’t go past three days. That’s when i realized how important carbs are. Having foods from all groups is important.

And yes, taking the probiotics is important too. Fatfree yogurt also has zero points. I take greek yogurt or the homemade yogurt with a greek yogurt starter. 

Another important thing i forgot to mention is water. 60-120 oz daily or more(depending on the workouts). I add fresh lemon/lime juice to the water (in 30 oz yeti tumbler) and drink with a straw (to avoid the acid on the teeth). Lemon water has its own benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:11 pm

Pentamma wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Carbs (complex or simple) are good as long as we don't eat in excess and regularly burn the calories (unspent carbs end up becoming fats that get stored). Your suggestion about pooling carbs from different sources (especially, fibre containing vegetables) is a good one. Decreasing starchy carbs is also a good suggestion. Proper sleep is another good habit to have. Keeping muscle mass at an optimum level is good (muscles can efficiently burn excess carbs when we exercise). Remember that there are essential amino acids and essential fatty acids (BUT NOT essential carbs). So, make sure you get those as well in the diet.

I agree about carbs. There’s this crazy diet fad going on in AP. Everyone was talking about it in India on my recent trip there. The Veeramachineni diet. It’s almost like keto diet. Absolutely no carbs. I tried it just for the heck of it. Wanted to do it for 10 days, but gave up after only three. I was miserable. My brain seemed to have gone dead. Felt fuzzy, lost sleep, lost memory, was low in energy and no satiety. I did lose three pounds in three days (maybe it’s water), but i couldn’t go past three days. That’s when i realized how important carbs are. Having foods from all groups is important.

And yes, taking the probiotics is important too. Fatfree yogurt also has zero points. I take greek yogurt or the homemade yogurt with a greek yogurt starter. 

Another important thing i forgot to mention is water. 60-120 oz daily or more(depending on the workouts). I add fresh lemon/lime juice to the water (in 30 oz yeti tumbler) and drink with a straw (to avoid the acid on the teeth). Lemon water has its own benefits.
I guess he is imitating "ketogenic" diet. In your case, you probably gave up when you were going through the "keto flu" (it is a passing stage). The idea with ketogenic diet is to make the cells in the body use ketones rather than glucose. This takes time and you need to eat a lot of fatty food (and highly restricted carb food) to help the liver generate ketone bodies. This should be done under a physician's care (she/he can monitor blood chemistry and adjust diet).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:49 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Pentamma wrote:

I guess he is imitating "ketogenic" diet. In your case, you probably gave up when you were going through the "keto flu" (it is a passing stage). The idea with ketogenic diet is to make the cells in the body use ketones rather than glucose. This takes time and you need to eat a lot of fatty food (and highly restricted carb food) to help the liver generate ketone bodies. This should be done under a physician's care (she/he can monitor blood chemistry and adjust diet).
Yeah, my mistake. I should’ve looked more into it before trying it. Lesson learned Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Pentamma wrote:

VP, are you a practicing physician?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down