Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

travel to sri lanka

5 posters

Go down

travel to sri lanka Empty travel to sri lanka

Post by .|Sublime|. Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Has anyone here visited Sri Lanka?
I am planning a trip to the island and looks like a lot of time is going to be spent on traveling by road.
I am mainly interested in a cultural and heritage kind of tour but I do not care much for package tours. I would like to plan it on my own so I can have control over where I go and when. I will be traveling with my mother and my aunt.

I have a list of sights I am interested in. Any suggestions on things to do and avoid?
TIA

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

travel to sri lanka Empty Re: travel to sri lanka

Post by charvaka Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 am

.|Sublime|. wrote:Has anyone here visited Sri Lanka?
I am planning a trip to the island and looks like a lot of time is going to be spent on traveling by road.
I am mainly interested in a cultural and heritage kind of tour but I do not care much for package tours. I would like to plan it on my own so I can have control over where I go and when. I will be traveling with my mother and my aunt.

I have a list of sights I am interested in. Any suggestions on things to do and avoid?
TIA
Never been there... my only advice would be to get the Lonely Planet guide. If I had the opportunity, I would try to do Kandy, Anuradhapura and Jaffna, perhaps Galle for its fort.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 am

ask the cab driver to take you to Mullaivaikal.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:15 am

TIA

Swami Pirabhakaran Temple.

MullaVaikaal - where captain Pirabhakaran attained his samaadhi.

Frankly, whose idea is this ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 am

charvaka wrote:

TIA
Never been there... my only advice would be to get the Lonely Planet guide. If I had the opportunity, I would try to do Kandy, Anuradhapura and Jaffna, perhaps Galle for its fort.

i am not a big fan of lonely planet. it seems to be more geared towards backpackers. i prefer fodors or frommers but neither has a section on sri lanka. they only have community forums discussing travel to sri lanka and I have been following that.
I am not sure Jaffna is a good idea now - my sri lankan tamil friends tell me so. while i trust them about the situation in jaffna, they have not been to the island in decades. so they do not have a current idea of travel in the country.
My wish list includes dambulla, anuradhapura, sigiriya, polonnaruwa, galle, kandy, tea country and a wildlife park.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Swami Pirabhakaran Temple.

MullaVaikaal - where captain Pirabhakaran attained his samaadhi.

Frankly, whose idea is this ?

mine Smile
and no mullavaikaal

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:ask the cab driver to take you to Mullaivaikal.

i am with the common sri lankan tamils who has suffered at the hands of terrorists and the army and have had to flee their homeland. but i do not plan on going to northern sri lanka now.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:48 am

Anyone vacationin in Lanka and spend money is drinking Tamil boold. So if any of you go to Lanka and enrich them, hope you dream of blood sputting out of Tamil women and kids.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:51 am

most hindians are blood-thirsty people, kayal vizhi. don't give them ideas.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Anyone vacationin in Lanka and spend money is drinking Tamil boold. So if any of you go to Lanka and enrich them, hope you dream of blood sputting out of Tamil women and kids.

Are you aware that Sinhalese are connected to Bengalis and Oriyas? So what is wrong in Hindians supporting them just like tamilians supporting Ealamites (although Ealamites backstabbed Tamilians and spoiled tamil nadu with arms smuggling and criminal activities).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down