Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your earliest memory

+13
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Rekz
Impedimenta
indophile
Maria S
garam_kuta
Captain Bhankas
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
Seva Lamberdar
Merlot Daruwala
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your earliest memory Empty What is your earliest memory

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:47 am

The thought occurred while posting on the other thread:

What is your earliest memory?

The earliest I have is the memory of my mother and father when I was reportedly younger than 1 1/2 yrs. I described an incident that I witnessed (after decades) and my father was shocked and said I was less than 2 years - barely past 1. It was something that happened at the house of Professor Balaram of KGP IIT (if anyone remembers this Gult professor from your KGP days long long time ago).

Have quite a few memories of incidents from 2 yrs and 3 yrs of age which dion't need any confirmation.

P.S. Of course, I forget things from yesterday like many others.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

What is your earliest memory Empty Re: What is your earliest memory

Post by Kris Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:05 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:The thought occurred while posting on the other thread:

The earliest I have is the memory of my mother and father when I was reportedly younger than 1 1/2 yrs. I described an incident that I witnessed (after decades) and my father was shocked and said I was less than 2 years - barely past 1. It was something that happened at the house of Professor Balaram of KGP IIT (if anyone remembers this Gult professor from your KGP days long long time ago).

Have quite a few memories of incidents from 2 yrs and 3 yrs of age which dion't need any confirmation.

>>>>What was the incident? Did Prof.B say ' this kid, he will never make it into IIT ? Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 am

My earliest memories are from when I was 2-yrs old. I remember playing on my tricycle (with red rexine seats) in the common corridor outside our house. I also remember collecting cigarette butts from near the front-gate, where they were thrown by the tenant upstairs.

I remember passing by my favorite shop on the main street and throwing a tantrum for a Cadbury's 5-star bar, virtually sitting down on the street, refusing to move further.

At 3, I had picked up a smattering of Telugu (we were in a small town bordering AP). I would call out "paalu vacchindi" in the mornings when the milkman came. Around then, I was enrolled into this nursery school where they served breakfast. I have memories of eating upma.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:01 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:My earliest memories are from when I was 2-yrs old. I remember playing on my tricycle (with red rexine seats) in the common corridor outside our house. I also remember collecting cigarette butts from near the front-gate, where they were thrown by the tenant upstairs.

I remember passing by my favorite shop on the main street and throwing a tantrum for a Cadbury's 5-star bar, virtually sitting down on the street, refusing to move further.

At 3, I had picked up a smattering of Telugu (we were in a small town bordering AP). I would call out "paalu vacchindi" in the mornings when the milkman came. Around then, I was enrolled into this nursery school where they served breakfast. I have memories of eating upma.

No earliest memory of Shiva linga?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:14 am

my earliest memory is that of eating tiffin during the lunch hour in nursery school. i might have been 3 years old then. my mother had packed bread with jam for lunch. actually all the boys had pretty much the same lunch and the room smelled of jam all day.

my next memory is of kindergarten when a boy pushed me and my forehead hit a wall. the teachers took me to the nearby hospital and i got stitches and a permanent scar. the whole experience was painless.

next to that is of travelling alone by flight from delhi to kolkata for my class 1 session had started and i had secured admission -- i had to attend urgently to secure my seat. the air hostess put me on the intercom saying, here, talk to mummy, while she pretended at the other end that she was my mom. the flight attendants gave me a big hamper of chocolates and lozenges.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:22 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:my earliest memory is that of eating tiffin during the lunch hour in nursery school. i might have been 3 years old then. my mother had packed bread with jam for lunch. actually all the boys had pretty much the same lunch and the room smelled of jam all day.

my next memory is of kindergarten when a boy pushed me and my forehead hit a wall. the teachers took me to the nearby hospital and i got stitches and a permanent scar. the whole experience was painless.

next to that is of travelling alone by flight from delhi to kolkata for my class 1 session had started and i had secured admission -- i had to attend urgently to secure my seat. the air hostess put me on the intercom saying, here, talk to mummy, while she pretended at the other end that she was my mom. the flight attendants gave me a big hamper of chocolates and lozenges.

One of my earliest memories is when I was about 4 yrs. old and visiting my maternal grandparents’ village.

One day I had accompanied my maternal uncle and aunt to their primary school. On the way back from school in the afternoon, we (I, my uncle and aunt and a few more kids from the village) were walking on a slightly raised footpath, with rice fields on one side and a fast flowing water stream on the other side.

We saw a huge bull, with big horns, coming on the same footpath from the opposite direction. As the bull came nearer, everyone except me left the footpath and started walking in the field. I stayed on the footpath hoping that the bull won’t touch me.

As the bull came near me, it picked me up with its horns, dumped me in the water stream next to the footpath and kept on going.

Rest of the kids rushed and helped me get out of the water quickly.

Luckily, there was no injury to me because I was thrown into the water and the bull seemed to have lifted me quickly and gently before tossing me to the side. Anyway, we all walked home quickly so I could dry up and change my clothes. I also received quite a lecturing from others after that to not do such a silly thing again.

Moral: Be careful before you decide to come face to face against a bull with big horns.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:41 am

going to the marina beach with my paternal grandfather and older cousins. that's the earliest clear memory i have. i may have been 1.5-2 years old. i have diffuse memories of the railway quarters in a small town in maharashtra where i was born and spent a good bit of my first two years of life.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Moral: Be careful before you decide to come face to face against a bull with big horns.
LOL! nice account sevaji.

in a local radio talk show, one comedian gives tips on how to navigate in unexpected situations. when confronted with a tiger, he advises:

1) don't call it hello kitty, meow meow or garfield.
2) don't piss in your pants. tigers are attracted to the smell of urine.
3) don't puff yourself up and pretend you are shaktiman. you are NOT shaktiman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 am

Mine is of nainital trip when I was about two years old. It is a very vague memory of me on a small bridge near where we lived. I don't remember anything else from the trip. Parents sometimes were awed by my one recollection but sometimes wondered if it's just imagination on my part after having heard people talk about it.

Next ones are random sets of my first preschool when I was three.

1- This very dark scary guy, called Rajju had the job of dropping me to school every day on his bicycle. He was not kid friendly at all, so I would go quietly. One day our caretaker's husband dropped me. Normally he would take me to the zoo. So I thought that's where he would take me that day too. When that didnt happen, I cried and would not let him go. Anyway, this maid kind of person began consoling me at school. She sat down by me and began her baby talk. And that's when I noticed that her tongue was almost fully black, with just a little pink in between. That stopped my crying for sure as now I was part scared part intrigued.

2- I remember this guy in the classroom who was super smart. He would actually teach me everything. My family thought their little kid is so brilliant at the age of three, but it was that guy who would sit down with me and make me memorize all that. I left that school after that year and went to regular convent school. I often wondered where that guy was. I don't have any recollection of his face. I only remember our classroom. I would sit on first row and he was one seat behind my partner. He had very oily/neat hair. My mom attributes my solid base to that school. I attribute it to him.

3- me alone and miserable one day on the playground. For some reason I wasn't playing with anyone, and I had dropped my lunch. In that sad mode, I sat down on a cement round thing built around a tree. What do you call it? Chabutra? It was fully heated up cos of direct sun, and I didn't know that. I was wearing a small frock and that thing BURNED my thighs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:25 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:My earliest memories are from when I was 2-yrs old. I remember playing on my tricycle (with red rexine seats) in the common corridor outside our house. I also remember collecting cigarette butts from near the front-gate, where they were thrown by the tenant upstairs.

At the age of 3, I took a neighbor-friend of mine, and walked out of our hospital campus which itself had a lot of traffic, crossed a main road and went to a store to get candies. We had gone there a day before when my dad had bought me candies from there. So anyway, I went there and asked the same guy for candies, and he asked for the money. And that's when I realized that he had let me pick the candy happily the day before coz my dad was paying for it. No, he didn't take pity on two little girls, and did not give us the candy. Meanie!

Anyways, it had created a big ruckus at home, as we two girls were gone missing for over an hour. This place was almost half a mile away. When we strolled back, the friend's mom was livid at both of us. Mad at me for leading, and mad her her for listening. My parents were relieved we didn't get hit by any vehicle on the main road. But after the initial scolding, and listening to my narration, overall, they didn't know what to make of it. Whether be awed that I remembered the shop's location, and walked there, and knew how to cross the roads, etc or be scared at how I could take a bold and dangerous step like that. They did a bit of both. This incident was often repeated by sibs and my caretaker. Took me years before I finally grew up old enough to realize what a stupid thing I had done.

I have vivid memories of us walking down there, and of the interaction with the shopkeeper.

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 am

I held up the Howrah - Madras mail for 30 min at Waltair Junction as I went for a "walk" on the platform and walked into the station master room.

Got pulled by a cop for playing on the railway tracks and the followign sunday I was hiding in a corner of my small house with mats on top of me - expecting the cop to show up as he had threatened to.(again 3).

Was sent for a walk by my parents in "Panagal Park" in madras, while they were sitting on the lawn. As usual I went for a "long walk" saw a huge snake, came running to my parents. A homeguard and my dad took me to the spot and I showed them this black color water hose - two guys sitting nearby laughed making the homeguard and my dad angry (was less than 2).

Fell in "love" with a little circus girl wearing white gown who was doing all these tricks (not sure of my age). remember my aunt's marriage around 2.5 yrs - she is no more. I used to look at a little decoration piece still stuck to the ceiling from that marriage, until they it was removed in 1994. No one realized the significance of that small piece of silver paper stuck to the beams.

Then there are scores of other memories, which is one reason why I sometimes dont like to revisit those old places - as they have all disappeared.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 am

Kris wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:The thought occurred while posting on the other thread:

>>>>What was the incident? Did Prof.B say ' this kid, he will never make it into IIT ? Smile

I really believed that IIT, Madras and Guindy were one and the same... My general knowledge was almost zero except cricket, and later politics. Things actually changed only after I came to this country. I missed India so much, I would read about 10 to 12 newspapers (at least) daily in a nearby library, leading me to read about anything and everything.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Mine is of nainital trip when I was about two years old. It is a very vague memory of me on a small bridge near where we lived. I don't remember anything else from the trip. Parents sometimes were awed by my one recollection but sometimes wondered if it's just imagination on my part after having heard people talk about it.

2- I remember this guy in the classroom who was super smart. He would actually teach me everything. My family thought their little kid is so brilliant at the age of three, but it was that guy who would sit down with me and make me memorize all that. I left that school after that year and went to regular convent school. I often wondered where that guy was. I don't have any recollection of his face. I only remember our classroom. I would sit on first row and he was one seat behind my partner. He had very oily/neat hair. My mom attributes my solid base to that school. I attribute it to him.

>>>>I am guessing mountain view, if his name was sundar. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
I really believed that IIT, Madras and Guindy were one and the same... My general knowledge was almost zero except cricket, and later politics. Things actually changed only after I came to this country. I missed India so much, I would read about 10 to 12 newspapers (at least) daily in a nearby library, leading me to read about anything and everything.

you mean you didnt know it all in india? well that's certainly a big surprise...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:11 pm

>>> I remember quite a few:
1) First day of lower kg - being the first kid to be punished - had to kneel in the corner (this was a catholic convent-run school) for talking too much; the idiots didn't realize some day bonuses would ride on this talent.

2) Same school, same day- ran away when the teacher was not looking and got a taxi driver to take me home, which was a mile away; I thought he would give me a ride, but he walked me to my street corner with direction from me. My father came unglued at the school for putting me in danger.

3) Slipping thru the back of a jutka in Pondicherry when I went there with my mother and younger brother to visit her cousin. My mother told me that nearly 25 years later, she woke up crying one night thinking about this. My somewhat puzzled father had to console her and remind her that was years ago and the child was now living in america.
4) My mother making sure we drank milk with the nutritional supplement ferradol mixed in it every night. The convent school and this ferradol business must have been a stretch for my parents financially at that time. I think quite a bit now of those types of things, where they went the extra mile to give their children a little more than they could afford. I think my siblings do too, even though they are not vocal about it. Some years ago I found out my father's pension was not covering their expenses ( I think my mother had let this slip out inadvertently to someone). I was livid and for the first time in my life raised my voice with my father. My brothers' reaction was the same . After that, we have insisted that they have blank checks from all of us.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:17 am

my first memory must have been when i was around 2- 2.5. one afternoon, i woke up from my daily nap and did not find my mother in the house. now, we bhankases don't panic. no sir, we don't. so, i did not cry. i walked out of the house (small town and everyone knows everyone so why lock?) and started walking toward a family friend's house two blocks away. my mother then came after me. we bhankases can be goofy at times. i didn't check the bathroom.

my other memory is like dear sevaji's bull story except i did not wait for the bull to take charge of the situation. now, we bhankases are proactive creatues by nature, so i took the total control of the situation and immersed myself in the paddy field nearby not troubling the bull at all.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:my first memory must have been when i was around 2- 2.5. one afternoon, i woke up from my daily nap and did not find my mother in the house. now, we bhankases don't panic. no sir, we don't. so, i did not cry. i walked out of the house (small town and everyone knows everyone so why lock?) and started walking toward a family friend's house two blocks away. my mother then came after me. we bhankases can be goofy at times. i didn't check the bathroom.

my other memory is like dear sevaji's bull story except i did not wait for the bull to take charge of the situation. now, we bhankases are proactive creatues by nature, so i took the total control of the situation and immersed myself in the paddy field nearby not troubling the bull at all.

if the child wasn't hungry, that I believe, is pretty normal - but then, a lot has happened since then, ain't it ? Smile

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:35 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:my first memory must have been when i was around 2- 2.5. one afternoon, i woke up from my daily nap and did not find my mother in the house. now, we bhankases don't panic. no sir, we don't. so, i did not cry. i walked out of the house (small town and everyone knows everyone so why lock?) and started walking toward a family friend's house two blocks away. my mother then came after me. we bhankases can be goofy at times. i didn't check the bathroom.

ROFL!!! bhankas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:11 am

Smart move captain sahib.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 am

I have Seva and Bhankas like experience but with honey bees. The friend who I walked down to the candy store, we were playing in their apartment and these honey bees came around looking agitated. Friend and her older sisters ran and asked me to run too. I was slow to react, slightly obstinate coz I had no idea what they were, and I was half way inside the room, no where near the open balcony, so I ignored them. I think I was about 5 years old. One bee bit me on my pinky finger, and my whole hand got swollen, and stayed like that for two days. Have very clear memory of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:33 am

Nice to read about the memories..can picture- little Uppili, little Tracy, little HK, little Merlot on his red tricycle, little Seva and the bad bull, and of course little Captain Vinod crying for Mommy:)

I have many good early memories..growing up in a home with a lovely garden, a small playground and animals..really a mini-zoo.

I clicked on this thread..thinking it was about earliest memory of meeting/interacting with posters here in the Sulekha CH. I was a blogger and read only a few threads/posts in the CH..kind of interesting to look back and think about first impressions:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:48 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: (if anyone remembers this Gult professor from your KGP days long long time ago).
From KGP IIT he went to Australia, lived there for some 10 years, and is now in U.S working for General Motors in Detroit. Also, his brother got his Ph.D in Sanskrit under Prof. V.V. Raghavan at Madras Univ., and is now the the Vice-Chancellor of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan in Delhi (this guy is a real linguist - he can give speeches in Sanskrit, Telugu, Hindi, and Tamil:-)

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:49 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Memory about meeting a ch'er.

Hmm. Ch-Er #1. I washed my hair and went out. Forgot my hair brush, but carried a rubber band. When I went to pick laundry for husband, I dropped the rubber band there. Thought would buy one, but could not. The place that I had picked for lunch was closed. So took him to cheesecake factory in the mall. He was generous enough to say my Afro hair is not that bad.

Ch-Er #2. Planned to meet him for coffee. But ended up in a bar. I thought this was a complete blind date but discovered in bits and pieces that he knew everything about me. He tried to pretend he is hearing for the first time. Said he recognized me by my NI accessories. But upon more probe and later confessions by others, I realized my layers of deception had been broken by the snoopy gang.

Ch-Er #3. Had a coffee coz she asked for coffee. Felt terribly guilt pangs later when I heard she ate lunch somewhere else soon after. Also felt guilty that she had to brave bad weather to meet me. Had a great time talking for over one hour and hardly anything about any other ch-Er.

Ch-Er # 4. Met for drinks and gossiped the hell out about every ch-Er under the sun. Found out deep secrets of people I didn't know earlier.

Tracy! That was fast!

I meant as in- encounter on line..but, was interesting to know you have met quite a few of CHers!

I think once we meet or talk to people on the phone..the dynamics change.

Last edited by Maria S on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

Damn I got late in deleting before it got quoted. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am

Well, apparently I was fast too..it's alright.
People here are very nice and "normal" for the most part:)
No different from anyone, anywhere else.
Only people who are clueless and assume the abnormal, are abnormal!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 am

Maria S wrote:

Hmm. Ch-Er #1. I washed my hair and went out. Forgot my hair brush, but carried a rubber band. When I went to pick laundry for husband, I dropped the rubber band there. Thought would buy one, but could not. The place that I had picked for lunch was closed. So took him to cheesecake factory in the mall. He was generous enough to say my Afro hair is not that bad.

Ch-Er #2. Planned to meet him for coffee. But ended up in a bar. I thought this was a complete blind date but discovered in bits and pieces that he knew everything about me. He tried to pretend he is hearing for the first time. Said he recognized me by my NI accessories. But upon more probe and later confessions by others, I realized my layers of deception had been broken by the snoopy gang.

Ch-Er #3. Had a coffee coz she asked for coffee. Felt terribly guilt pangs later when I heard she ate lunch somewhere else soon after. Also felt guilty that she had to brave bad weather to meet me. Had a great time talking for over one hour and hardly anything about any other ch-Er.

Ch-Er # 4. Met for drinks and gossiped the hell out about every ch-Er under the sun. Found out deep secrets of people I didn't know earlier.

Tracy! That was fast!

I meant as in- encounter on line..but, was interesting to know you have met quite a few of CHers!

well said maria ji. tracy ji, you calling someone snoopy gang is like...well it's like something

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:00 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Maria S wrote:

Tracy! That was fast!

well said maria ji. tracy ji, you calling someone snoopy gang is like...well it's like something

I posted this coz if maria decides to delete her post, mine still stays. deviously wellhung I am

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 am

Lol. I have not really snooped on ch-ers. Except in my first six months here maybe. But this snoopy gang is scary, trust me, lol. Some of the things I happened to learn was scary. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

i had fish yesterday and i did not even realise it.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am

well now that you know all my secrets, let us cancel our date next week.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:25 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Lol. I have not really snooped on ch-ers. Except in my first six months here maybe. But this snoopy gang is scary, trust me, lol. Some of the things I happened to learn was scary. Smile

name a few. or send notes

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am

indophile wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: (if anyone remembers this Gult professor from your KGP days long long time ago).
From KGP IIT he went to Australia, lived there for some 10 years, and is now in U.S working for General Motors in Detroit. Also, his brother got his Ph.D in Sanskrit under Prof. V.V. Raghavan at Madras Univ., and is now the the Vice-Chancellor of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan in Delhi (this guy is a real linguist - he can give speeches in Sanskrit, Telugu, Hindi, and Tamil:-)

We had a teacher / prof. in ME Dept. (IIT KGP) from South India in my third or fourth year (around 1968). He left for Australia around that time. He taught us a course in I.C. engines and thermodynamics before going abroad. Excellent teacher. I don't know if we are talking about the same guy since I don't remember his name now. He was on the slim side, medium height and very soft spoken.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Lol. I have not really snooped on ch-ers. Except in my first six months here maybe. But this snoopy gang is scary, trust me, lol. Some of the things I happened to learn was scary. Smile

name a few. or send notes

The info wasn't scary. But the manner in which it was collected was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:08 pm

indophile wrote:

That was the last I heard some 15 years ago or so. By now, he is probably retired from work or life.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Lol. About everyone but you Razz. I sometimes think this person met me just to get scoop on others. But instead ended up providing more scoops then I ever knew. I am all hawa when I claim that I am a gossiper and I know everything. I am not even a speck when compared to these people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Lol. About everyone but you Razz. I sometimes think this person met me just to get scoop on others. But instead ended up providing more scoops then I ever knew. I am all hawa when I claim that I am a gossiper and I know everything. I am not even a speck when compared to these people.

now be a good gossip and tell the rest of us the identify of this snoop team

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

now be a good gossip and tell the rest of us the identify of this snoop team

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

#2,3 & 4 -booze & coffee may have been easy, but putting something in cheesecake must have been a bit difficult;did you both used the same thing ?? Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:27 pm

[quote="Propagandhi711"][quote="Propagandhi711"]
Maria S wrote:

I posted this coz if maria decides to delete her post, mine still stays. deviously wellhung I am

My guess ch'er # 1 - admin
Ch'er#2- JM!?? Or uppili
Ch'er # 3 - silk smitha or kin
Ch'er # 4 - queen bee Laughing Or Bittu
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:29 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

#2,3 & 4 -booze & coffee may have been easy, but putting something in cheesecake must have been a bit difficult;did you both used the same thing ?? Razz

all that phlegmy ball massaging hasnt improved your language a wee bit. I thot you iyers had a choke hold on the english language and flog the queen's dictionary on a daily basis like it were a poor arab's donkey?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

all that phlegmy ball massaging hasnt improved your language a wee bit. I thot you iyers had a choke hold on the english language and flog the queen's dictionary on a daily basis like it were a poor arab's donkey?

when in rome, be a roman..

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 pm

indophile wrote:

That was the last I heard some 15 years ago or so. By now, he is probably retired from work or life.
Possible. Must be 70+ now.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 pm

indophile wrote:
indophile wrote:

Retired from work, may be, but not the other one. I know that (pl, don't ask me how).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:00 pm

indophile wrote:
indophile wrote:
indophile wrote:

Retired from work, may be, but not the other one. I know that (pl, don't ask me how).

Well then he will certainly know my dad and mom - had seen him and few other gults (dont recall their name) at my house often. chk email (as soon as I figure out how to send).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:34 pm

indophile wrote:

Indo, how did you know this guy / prof.? Any more info about him (his specialty / dept etc. at IIT)? Btw did you go to IIT KGP?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Electrical Engineering. I know him through a relative of mine.
No I did not go to Kharapur IIT. I graduated from REC Surathkal (in Karnataka, about 11-12 miles north of Mangalore). Now they call it by a different name (NIT or something)

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Rekz wrote:
Ch'er#2- JM!?? Or uppili
i have never met or wanted to meet any ch woman, although i had known one long before she arrived at ch. i wouldn't recognize bagchi if i met her, but i'd know that a woman is northindian by her clothes, make-up, and speech.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks Indo for the info. (especially about the guy being EE Prof. in IIT).

Based on the earlier posts between you and Uppil (IIT KGP prof. long ago taking a job in Australia and then ending up with GM in Detroit), I was beginning to think that this prof. could be the ME prof. who taught our class a course on engines & Thermo. in late 1960s and then migrated to Australia taking a teaching job there. He also could have (based on his expertise in IC engines etc.) ended up in Detroit at GM, I thought.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Rekz wrote:My guess ch'er # 1 - admin
I haven't yet had an opportunity to meet VB. I have only met one CHer in real life so far.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:12 pm

I don't remember much like you guys. I am humbled at all your 1.5 -2.5 memories. Except for my first day of school I don't remember much. I hated my first day of school I was made to plot my buff cut hair with oil and ribboned and I had to share the same class with my elder sis. It was kinda a medium sized room divided into lkg and ukg.

I am sure everyone in our family remembers the class sharing incident...

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next