What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Oh. Maybe they marinate or dress jalapeño in lemon/vinegar. Sorry, not taking any responsibility if you don't like it again. Smile
i think they marinate or preserve it in vinegar!

Guess you can ask them to put any local hot chilli that's fresh instead.
yes, i do that. sometimes kids order and i have to remove the jalapenos. green chillies are actually de rigueur for all pizzas at dominos or pizza hut. they taste good! i like the keema do pyaaza of dominos with just keema and green chillies toppings!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Hellsangel on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:26 pm



What pizza is this?

Hellsangel

Posts : 13312
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

What pizza is this?
i can tolerate bits of jalapenos. Smile btw, it was a sandwich!


Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed subject)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 am

end of the kadhi festival with a moong dal kadhi (pakodis made of moong dal + moong dal added to the kadhi):


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Captain Bhankas on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:19 am

which basmati rice is that? daawat? india gate?


Captain Bhankas

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:22 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:which basmati rice is that? daawat? india gate?


kohinoor SUPER basmati rice

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by goodcitizn on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:33 pm

What I miss about Bangalore.


goodcitizn

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:39 pm

goodcitizn wrote:What I miss about Bangalore.

that is really splendid! my older and his friends are fed up with mess food (older is in a college in bangalore) and they often eat out either at mcdonalds or kfc or pizza hut or the andhra cuisine restaurants. mess food is just sambhar, rice, rasam, a veggie curry, pooris and papad.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by goodcitizn on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:that is really splendid! my older and his friends are fed up with mess food (older is in a college in bangalore) and they often eat out either at mcdonalds or kfc or pizza hut or the andhra cuisine restaurants. mess food is just sambhar, rice, rasam, a veggie curry, pooris and papad.

Perhaps their mess food isn't great so they prefer McD or KFC. But this elaborate meal home-cooked for any function is absolutely divine. Btw I really started loving Indian pizzas! One thing cool about Bangalore is the variety of Indian and foreign food items available for home delivery where the prices are quite reasonable and the quality is very good.

goodcitizn

Posts : 3258
Join date : 2011-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:50 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:that is really splendid! my older and his friends are fed up with mess food (older is in a college in bangalore) and they often eat out either at mcdonalds or kfc or pizza hut or the andhra cuisine restaurants. mess food is just sambhar, rice, rasam, a veggie curry, pooris and papad.

Perhaps their mess food isn't great so they prefer McD or KFC. But this elaborate meal home-cooked for any function is absolutely divine. Btw I really started loving Indian pizzas! One thing cool about Bangalore is the variety of Indian and foreign food items available for home delivery where the prices are quite reasonable and the quality is very good.

source

Online Ventures Helping Home Chefs Bring Home the Bacon

Cos that spotted an opportunity in the demand for home food are directing customers to cooks

RADHIKA P NAIR BANGALORE

Creating a digital link between passionate cooks and those with a craving for homecooked meals is proving to be good business for a number of young online companies.These new ventures are aggregating demand for simple food and directing it to chefs like 60-year-old Kiran Veda in Bangalore eager to turn into micro-entrepreneurs.Veda rustles up north Indian breakfasts for around 350 people a month.These orders are placed online at Delyver,an internet logistics firm that picks up the meal and delivers it to the customers doorstep in about an hours time.Home chefs who would have been able to supply at most to their apartment block can now reach out to a large customer base through our platform, said Afsal Salu,cofounder of Delyver Retail,which has built a network of 15 chefs across five suburbs within months of launching the service.They can earn up to.65,000 a month, said 31-year old Salu,an IIM-Lucknow graduate who teamed up with batchmates to launch a company delivering products from online retailers to consumers in 2010.A growing number of informal requests by customers to deliver home-made eats alerted Salu and his team to the opportunity in the segment.Now 15% of our business comes from the home-chef segment and we expect this to grow to a quarter of our business soon, said Delyver cofounder Praful Thachery,who expects the company to clock.200-crore revenue by fiscal year 2016 as it grows into a hyper-local marketplace for food services.Experts say these new business models indicate a maturing of the internet ecosystem in the country.This is the next level of evolution as entrepreneurs use the internet to link unorganised local supply with an equally unorganised demand market, said K Ganesh,who sold his online tutoring company,TutorVista,to global education firm Pearson earlier this year.Ganesh has invested an undisclosed amount in Delyver.It is a large market that Delyver and other ventures,such as Home Curry in Gurgaon and Bowls to You in Mumbai as also Langhar and TravelKhana in select cities,are targeting.Euromonitor estimates that the Indian eating out industry,under which such online services also fall,stands at $64 billion (.3.46 lakh crore).Experts estimate that even if 1% of this market is served by home-chefs,it will be a huge opportunity.It is a powerful concept, said Saloni Nangia,president of retail and consumer products at consulting firm Technopak.Online platforms are helping housewives become entrepreneurs in their own right and giving them a source of income. These emerging ventures that are earning profit margins upwards of 15% follow the hyper-local model and focus on a neighbourhood before expanding to other parts of the city.Hence,many still operate only in specific locations.For instance,Bowls to You,set up six months ago,targets only business hubs like Bandra and Nariman Point in Mumbai.It has a focus on the health food segment and provides salads and sandwiches to office-goers for lunch.Our conservative estimate is that by just providing lunch in the locations we are targeting right now we should reach revenues of.4-5 crore in the next four years, said Pinank Shah,31,cofounder.His other food venture GooseBumpsPickle,delivers home-made pickles across the country.The company plans to expand to cities like Bangalore and Pune by next year.While these are small businesses at the moment the scope for growth is enormous,investors believe.Unlike other ecommerce models they do not need national coverage they just need to focus on a neighbourhood for revenues, said Ganesh.In Gurgaon,Home Curry,launched in 2011,delivers only home-cooked lunch for now,with plans to expand to Pune next year.As per our initial calculations we should reach.8 crore in revenue in less than five years if we provide just lunch in Gurgaon, said Manoj Gupta,29,cofounder of Home Curry,who previously worked for software company Tata Consultancy Services.Delyver,which began by offering homecooked meals like Kharagpur breakfast as well as Coorgi and Coimbatore cuisine in February,provides structured support for the chefs who are picked through a process of initial screening.Aspiring chefs have to submit meals that are tasted by select customers.Once approved,the company trains them on specific quality standards.We also create menus,fix the recipes,provide packaging material,in addition to handling the delivery.The chef has to just focus on the cooking, said Salu for whom the challenge is to understand local requirements before replicating the model in other centres.These are not trained chefs.We need to ensure that every time the meal should taste the same, he said.Despite the complexities,the entrepreneurs and investors believe the scope is enormous.Food is essential to everyone;we all need to eat at least three times a day.So,demand will never die out, said Ganesh.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:20 pm

https://www.facebook.com/AmitabhBachchan/posts/581224591911334

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:35 am

we had the 2nd thunderstorm of the season yesterday. we might have another one today. therefore: onion bhajiyas and paneer pakodas with coriander chutney.



ah, the pleasures of living in india and chatting in USA.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 am

Will definitely be having those in my monsoon India trip. Yay!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Merlot Daruwala on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:17 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:we had the 2nd thunderstorm of the season yesterday. we might have another one today. therefore: onion bhajiyas and paneer pakodas with coriander chutney.



ah, the pleasures of living in india and chatting in USA.

Nice. It didn't rain here but I still had mirchi and batata bhajiya, with (lawnmower) beer, sitting in my balcony and watching the sun set on Sat'day evening.

Mirchi bhajiya in Mumbai are somewhat unpredictable compared to the ones I used to love in Bangalore. Some mirchis are decently hot but some can be real killers. Unfortunately, the batter shells around the mirchi are much thinner here, offering little protection against a killer mirchi. In comparison, the mirchis in Bangalore are uniformly hot, just below the unbearable threshold. Better still, they come covered in thick fluffy shells that dull the initial kick and slowly allow the heat to seep in as you chew.

Merlot Daruwala

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:22 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Unfortunately, the batter shells around the mirchi are much thinner here, offering little protection against a killer mirchi. In comparison, the mirchis in Bangalore are uniformly hot, just below the unbearable threshold. Better still, they come covered in thick fluffy shells that dull the initial kick and slowly allow the heat to seep in as you chew.
good idea! i think we will try mirchi pakados in the next few days. i agree that if the batter is thin then it becomes too hot or unpalatable.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by garam_kuta on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Nice. It didn't rain here but I still had mirchi and batata bhajiya, with (lawnmower) beer, sitting in my balcony and watching the sun set on Sat'day evening.

Mirchi bhajiya in Mumbai are somewhat unpredictable compared to the ones I used to love in Bangalore. Some mirchis are decently hot but some can be real killers. Unfortunately, the batter shells around the mirchi are much thinner here, offering little protection against a killer mirchi. In comparison, the mirchis in Bangalore are uniformly hot, just below the unbearable threshold. Better still, they come covered in thick fluffy shells that dull the initial kick and slowly allow the heat to seep in as you chew.
ah..the connoisseur that you are
tell me, are these the fresh ones from the streets or those that you get in some andhra restaurant types

garam_kuta

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Merlot Daruwala on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 am

garam_kuta wrote:tell me, are these the fresh ones from the streets or those that you get in some andhra restaurant types

I'm talking of the fresh ones from the street. I'm salivating as I write this, at the memory of the smells and the sights.

Merlot Daruwala

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by garam_kuta on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:tell me, are these the fresh ones from the streets or those that you get in some andhra restaurant types

I'm talking of the fresh ones from the street. I'm salivating as I write this, at the memory of the smells and the sights.

likewise. also those masal vadae with fennel or mint or sabsigae sappu in a few of places. which're your favorites?

garam_kuta

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Impedimenta on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:34 am

i had some homemade pakoras yesterday with homemade mint chutney. OMG! I also found out that the husband made the entire thing. Another OMG and more validation to the fact that maybe, the world's greatest chefs are indeed, male.

god bless him for his culinary skills. Everything was perfect, i mean oh so perfect, the salt and the crispiness with the right amount of chilli powder.

Impedimenta

Posts : 2791
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 am

Impedimenta wrote:i had some homemade pakoras yesterday with homemade mint chutney. OMG! I also found out that the husband made the entire thing. Another OMG and more validation to the fact that maybe, the world's greatest chefs are indeed, male.

god bless him for his culinary skills. Everything was perfect, i mean oh so perfect, the salt and the crispiness with the right amount of chilli powder.
actually, your repeated mention of samosas and samosa chat made me crave for it yesterday. i broke my diet plan and had 2 (two) plates of samosa chat. it was OMG (but not to be repeated).


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by garam_kuta on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:52 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:tell me, are these the fresh ones from the streets or those that you get in some andhra restaurant types

I'm talking of the fresh ones from the street. I'm salivating as I write this, at the memory of the smells and the sights.

likewise. also those masal vadae with fennel or mint or sabsigae sappu in a few of places. which're your favorites?

i meant to say your favorite places? i have a few in my mind and so was wondering...

garam_kuta

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:45 am

shahi paneer for lunch. recipe here. ultra soft paneer made using sour yogurt as a starter. no cream, no yogurt used in the recipe. this was a knockout dish. highly recommended. i think it is the onions that give it a slightly sweetish flavour. kashmiri mirch was added to give it colour (in place of cochineal ). though not a fan of paneer, i think this is one of the best dishes i have ever tried. OMG A++


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:31 am

let's see now.

shahi alu
shahi anda (eggs boiled, lightly fried and halved)
shahi pakode (just besan pakodis)
shahi gobi
shahi nutrela
shahi tofu

wondering which one should be tried tomorrow. ganpath is keen on shahi anda. he had actually reco'd shahi chicken but i don't want to eat non veg.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by FluteHolder on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 am

I just cooked spicy aaloo , Diced potatoes with ajwain/turmeric/cayenne pepper/ginger/garlic finely chopped so that kids will not notice it. Garnished with finely chopped parsley and cilantro.
Not a great combo with rice and Garlic Ambti but it is going to help clear the almost there cold.

FluteHolder

Posts : 1736
Join date : 2011-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:58 am

FluteHolder wrote:I just cooked spicy aaloo , Diced potatoes with ajwain/turmeric/cayenne pepper/ginger/garlic finely chopped so that kids will not notice it. Garnished with finely chopped parsley and cilantro.
Not a great combo with rice and Garlic Ambti but it is going to help clear the almost there cold.
ah, aloo-potato-uRuLaikizhanGu? interesting combo! you turning northindian?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Propagandhi711 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:04 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:I just cooked spicy aaloo , Diced potatoes with ajwain/turmeric/cayenne pepper/ginger/garlic finely chopped so that kids will not notice it. Garnished with finely chopped parsley and cilantro.
Not a great combo with rice and Garlic Ambti but it is going to help clear the almost there cold.
ah, aloo-potato-uRuLaikizhanGu? interesting combo! you turning northindian?

what does d's northindian muslim boyfriend eat? aloo-gobi or gobi-aloo? also captain had some admonishment for your tardiness in the global war on grammatical errors. attend to that pronto

Propagandhi711

Posts : 6602
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 am

missus ordered in dinner for 3 (excluding me) from aaheli. the bill came to a whopping rs 8k. it shocked the missus for she had sent the driver with rs 3.5k thinking the amount would cover it. it shocked me too. alright, time for some food porn!

daab chingri (prawns cooked in coconut milk with minimal spices)





chorchuri (mixed/left-over vegetables cooked with fish parts normally discarded like fins and head -- this one is with puti fish or baby fish measuring an inch to 1.5 inches)




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Propagandhi711 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:30 pm

are you sure those are prawns? from the pinkish color of the chunks it looks like lobster, although I dont know if lobster is commonly found over there

Propagandhi711

Posts : 6602
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:missus ordered in dinner for 3 (excluding me) from aaheli. the bill came to a whopping rs 8k. it shocked the missus...
did you slap her?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:missus ordered in dinner for 3 (excluding me) from aaheli. the bill came to a whopping rs 8k. it shocked the missus for she had sent the driver with rs 3.5k thinking the amount would cover it. it shocked me too. alright, time for some food porn!

daab chingri (prawns cooked in coconut milk with minimal spices)





chorchuri (mixed/left-over vegetables cooked with fish parts normally discarded like fins and head -- this one is with puti fish or baby fish measuring an inch to 1.5 inches)




unappetizing, indeed, disgusting. admin, please stop this bimaru person from posting puke-worthy pictures of food here.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Propagandhi711 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:missus ordered in dinner for 3 (excluding me) from aaheli. the bill came to a whopping rs 8k. it shocked the missus for she had sent the driver with rs 3.5k thinking the amount would cover it. it shocked me too. alright, time for some food porn!

daab chingri (prawns cooked in coconut milk with minimal spices)





chorchuri (mixed/left-over vegetables cooked with fish parts normally discarded like fins and head -- this one is with puti fish or baby fish measuring an inch to 1.5 inches)




unappetizing, indeed, disgusting. admin, please stop this bimaru person from posting puke-worthy pictures of food here.

let's be honest phlegmy. you're just jealous it looks much better than your TV dinner and gov'mint cheese

Propagandhi711

Posts : 6602
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:are you sure those are prawns? from the pinkish color of the chunks it looks like lobster, although I dont know if lobster is commonly found over there
ya, those are prawns all right. no, lobsters are not commonly found here. see this.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:49 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
unappetizing, indeed, disgusting. admin, please stop this bimaru person from posting puke-worthy pictures of food here.
ya ya. unappetizing when i post pics of bengali cuisine (from among the most reputed bengali eateries here) but not when you go shopping for panch phoron and cooking carp the bengali way. you are ingratiating to the bongs and are jealous of those who have ingratiated themselves completely.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Captain Bhankas on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:07 am

never mind philip, HK. several of the pictures you post here are positively appetizing. keep them coming.

Captain Bhankas

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:20 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:never mind philip, HK. several of the pictures you post here are positively appetizing. keep them coming.
thank you!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by pravalika nanda on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 pm

i think indians almost never eat out at spanish places. easy to understand, most of the restaurant workers are illegal aliens/undocumented people and they may be harboring ova and parasites beneath the nails.
anyhow, today i was so bored of having soup and grilled tofu at the vietnamese place, so i gave this place a shot. i had a mixed plate which came with a bean burrito and a tostado. the tostatdo is a hard shelled taco with guacamole and lettuce and tomatoes piled on it. there was also something called a cheese enchilada which was literally all cheese and i took a pass on that.
i guess it's be okay to give the people who work in restaurants some kind of documents and free health checkups so they don't turn into major health hazards for the rest of us. it's just better for the herd immunity. not that i will have spanish food again but a lot them work in non-spanish places as well. maybe we can get these guys to pay taxes one day in my lifetime.
if these guys keep sucking all our money, i may have nothing to contribute to this thread in the future. i won't have anything to eat.


Last edited by pravalika nanda on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : taxpayer angst)

pravalika nanda

Posts : 2025
Join date : 2011-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Thu May 09, 2013 6:30 am

yogen fruz yogurt comes to town.





india shining? yes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Merlot Daruwala on Thu May 09, 2013 8:32 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:yogen fruz yogurt comes to town

india shining stuffing its face *fixed*? yes.

Merlot Daruwala

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am

lolu lolu

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Sun May 12, 2013 10:42 am

mother's day treat for the mom by the older in bangalore:

butterflied chicken grilled with peri peri sauce:





@ int. chain,



india shining? hell, yeah!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 am

I am actually making rava dosas (from manjula's kitchen, which was shared here) for sonny. He wanted me to make something indian, real quick. And he loves dosas. So yeah, rava dosa is what i chose to do.
We'll go an indian restaurant later.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 am

kinnera wrote:I am actually making rava dosas (from manjula's kitchen, which was shared here) for sonny. He wanted me to make something indian, real quick. And he loves dosas. So yeah, rava dosa is what i chose to do.
We'll go an indian restaurant later.
postu pics pls.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Merlot Daruwala on Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 am

Breakfast was two egg-sausage mcmuffins, a hashbrown and coffee at McD's. Ah bliss.

Merlot Daruwala

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Hellsangel on Mon May 13, 2013 11:01 am

Nando's is a Portuguese chain isn't it? Do they serve Sangria in India as well?

Hellsangel

Posts : 13312
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Mon May 13, 2013 11:42 am

Hellsangel wrote:Nando's is a Portuguese chain isn't it? Do they serve Sangria in India as well?
i had no knowledge of sangria. your knowledges is vaaaaast snoopy. are you perchance an iyer? as sir rishi rightly said elsewhere, caste plays an important role in upbringing.

i spoke to my kid. nando's has an alcoholic beverages license. he called them and they confirmed that they serve sangria. i hope nando's opens an outlet in kolkata soon.

on another note, i got into a conversation with just falafafel after i saw their advert in facebook. the conversation was over email and i intended to take their franchise for one of my properties. i chickened out when i learnt that their outlets in india would be pure vegetarian. why would anyone want to eat only falafels when pakoras were freely available? i wish they had shish taouk, (mutton) shawarma etc. in their menu.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Merlot Daruwala on Tue May 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: i chickened out when i learnt that their outlets in india would be pure vegetarian.

Lol..What is your beef with pure vegetarianism??

Merlot Daruwala

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Fri May 17, 2013 7:18 pm



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Sat May 18, 2013 3:21 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote: i chickened out when i learnt that their outlets in india would be pure vegetarian.

Lol..What is your beef with pure vegetarianism??
no beef there. actually just falafels is vegetarian worldwide. i feel vegetarian falafels would not be a hit here.

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
nice and colourful lunch! why are you not using the such server for hosting pics? imgur will delete them after a while.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Mon May 20, 2013 12:26 am

what is the meaning of the question "india shining?" followed by "hell, yeah" in a couple of kupazi's posts? in the context of these posts does, "india shining?" mean, "look, we have all these somewhat western sounding exotic fare available now in india"?

MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 12724
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest on Mon May 20, 2013 12:37 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:what is the meaning of the question "india shining?" followed by "hell, yeah" in a couple of kupazi's posts? in the context of these posts does, "india shining?" mean, "look, we have all these somewhat western sounding exotic fare available now in india"?
yes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:16 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum