Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

+32
Obnoxious
Tejpal Singh Iyer
michelle2
noisy_dravidfan
b_A
Idéfix
Jebediah Mburuburu
churi.
Bittu
Another Brick
seven
Kris
Impedimenta
Admin
Captain Bhankas
Nila
goodcitizn
garam_kuta
bw
indophile
Maria S
ashaNirasha
pravalika nanda
Rekz
FluteHolder
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
ashdoc
Propagandhi711
Hellsangel
Merlot Daruwala
Jeremiah Mburuburu
36 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:I always forget how to post an image! Which one am I supposed to copy paste - image/BBcode/html/direct link/what?
copy-paste? well you first click on the "host an image" button and then copy-paste the middle url (circled red):

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Pic10

Yes. I think that's what I did. I initially tried the image link, then image url, finally the one you highlighted.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by indophile Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Isn't karappusa "save" in telugu, sort of broken up angel hair. I think murukku that you see in Indian stores is more like a jantika, but much smaller in diameter and sporting rough edges. But in Madras they call chakkilaalu also murukku (the best are made with ghee at Grand Sweets).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Nice.
I buy them in the store..but, as you say..most of the time they are not good-stale. May be one of these days, will have to try to get a murukku press.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Maria S wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:I can't post any pics:( still struggling.
where exactly are you struggling? maybe i can help.

I tried to follow the instructions you gave me HK..some time ago (as above- paste the middle url). I tried from two different computers too. The image does not show up. Will keep trying.

I don't know if you've registered with servimg.

1. First register with servimg at servimg.com. You can use the same email address and password you use for this forum.
2. Then upload your image there. It gives you all the links for the image after that.
3. Click on the 'insert image' icon at the top, in this forum.
4. Copy and paste the link that HK highlighted.
5. Always preview to see if the image is showing up.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks Asha, for the step-by-step instructions, will try that soon.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm

indophile wrote:Isn't karappusa "save" in telugu, sort of broken up angel hair. I think murukku that you see in Indian stores is more like a jantika, but much smaller in diameter and sporting rough edges. But in Madras they call chakkilaalu also murukku (the best are made with ghee at Grand Sweets).

I think sev is an NI word.

We used to call the the thin ones, 'karappusa', the fat ones murukulu. The really fine is sev that is used in mixtures, not really made at home. I've heard people use 'jantikalu' but don't know what size belongs to that category.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:1. First register with servimg at servimg.com. You can use the same email address and password you use for this forum.
i don't think this is necessary. i think forumotion has an arrangement with servimg. but you are right: if they prompt you for registration, you can use the same id and password.

maria send me your pics (preferably the ones at beach): i will post them for you. mention not.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Quiz - name the items in each picture (No score awarded since I don't know the names for most of those items either).
http://www.google.com/search?q=karappusa&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DvskUcjfDOmW0QHwqoCgDg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1120&bih=613

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 am

i love chef harpal singh (from sanjeev kapoor's khanakhazana). i like the way he explains, gesticulates. i was watching this video yesterday (embedded below) and was surprised to learn that real kashmiri rogan josh is actually quite dry and has loads of asafoetida in it.

today being the second day of a nationwide bandh, we could not get any mutton. we made chicken rogan josh instead with maida laccha parathas. the gravy was as tasty as promised (no tomatoes are used). it would have tasted even better with the flavours of mutton.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Imag0510

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 am

ashaNirasha wrote:[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Food10[/img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 11

I always forget how to post an image! Which one am I supposed to copy paste - image/BBcode/html/direct link/what?

looks yummy!

what's that on the right? baked, flat, choc chip murukkus?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:42 am

bw wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Food10[/img

Isn't murukku, by definition, requires to be spiral w/wo twists and strand-separated?

I always forget how to post an image! Which one am I supposed to copy paste - image/BBcode/html/direct link/what?

looks yummy!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:51 am

garam_kuta wrote:

Isn't murukku, by definition, requires to be spiral w/wo twists and strand-separated?

good point - must be baked, choc chip thaTTais.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 pm

a question to mutton lovers. re: https://such.forumotion.com/t263p1000-what-are-you-cooking-having-cooked-eating-today#86101

in the video i linked in that post, harpal singh says he was trained in hyderabad where he wa taught that mutton should be chewy. whereas, he remarks, in lucknow, or awadhi cuisine, they emphasize that mutton should be soft as butter. he notes that preferences are local. in bengal, in kosha mangsho the mutton is traditionally slightly undercooked (chewy). i personally prefer it cooked very soft. what are your preferences? if nobody answers, i will put this to poll.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 am

bw wrote:[quote=

Haha, they are just regular choc chip cookies. But now you are giving me ideas.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:a question to mutton lovers. what are your preferences? if nobody answers, i will put this to poll.

Just to spare the forum the trauma of another poll, I'll answer that.

I am not a mutton lover, but do know a few. They seem to prefer it 'hard', like lamb chops well done, or kabob style, not the Indian style, but more Mediterranean/ middle eastern style. For home cooked lamb/ mutton, you can never ever use water, and using a pressure cooker to make sure it is adequately cooked is a sin, because it makes it very soft.

OTOH, my mother doesn't like it if it is not cooked forever in the pressure cooker because she believes it can never be done enough without that.

These 'mutton lovers' are a breed I don't understand. They look down on chicken eaters.

The word mutton always reminds of a Seinfeld episode.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:34 am

ashaNirasha wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:a question to mutton lovers. what are your preferences? if nobody answers, i will put this to poll.

Just to spare the forum the trauma of another poll, I'll answer that.

I am not a mutton lover, but do know a few. They seem to prefer it 'hard', like lamb chops well done, or kabob style, not the Indian style, but more Mediterranean/ middle eastern style. For home cooked lamb/ mutton, you can never ever use water, and using a pressure cooker to make sure it is adequately cooked is a sin, because it makes it very soft.

OTOH, my mother doesn't like it if it is not cooked forever in the pressure cooker because she believes it can never be done enough without that.

These 'mutton lovers' are a breed I don't understand. They look down on chicken eaters.

The word mutton always reminds of a Seinfeld episode.
ha ha ha! thanks for responding. nice to see you too are non veg. i agree with the pressure cooker thing. when i was younger -- right after marriage i mean -- i used to cook mutton curry in a pressure cooker (my wife couldn't cook then) with ready made masalas. once or twice i gave it an extra whistle and the mutton came out like halwa but i really enjoyed it! now my wife and kids insist it is cooked in a kadhai (they like it chewy) with fresh spices and i stick to the gravy basically. i prefer it the mediterranean or kebab style.

by the way, i agree with you that mutton lovers are a breed (i am not one of them though -- i enjoy chicken as much). the bengalis really love their mutton. bengali hindus, traditionally, never ate chicken -- only mutton. they looked down on muslims as lungi wearing chicken eaters. slowly chicken got incorporated in their cuisine but from a cursory look you can see that mutton and fish enjoy more prominence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:39 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:a question to mutton lovers. re: https://such.forumotion.com/t263p1000-what-are-you-cooking-having-cooked-eating-today#86101

in the video i linked in that post, harpal singh says he was trained in hyderabad where he wa taught that mutton should be chewy. whereas, he remarks, in lucknow, or awadhi cuisine, they emphasize that mutton should be soft as butter. he notes that preferences are local. in bengal, in kosha mangsho the mutton is traditionally slightly undercooked (chewy). i personally prefer it cooked very soft. what are your preferences? if nobody answers, i will put this to poll.

I am def. among the much maligned mutton-lovers:)
I always cook mutton in the pressure-cooker first..as other mutton-lovers perhaps do.."softness" depends on the prep/preferences. For Biriyani and fries it's more chewy..for curries/kurmas..prefer more softly cooked mutton.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:51 am

Maria S wrote:I am def. among the much maligned mutton-lovers:)
i see. Razz
I always cook mutton in the pressure-cooker first..as other mutton-lovers perhaps do.."softness" depends on the prep/preferences. For Biriyani and fries it's more chewy..for curries/kurmas..prefer more softly cooked mutton.
real mutton lovers would frown upon mutton cooked in a pressure cooker. but you said you first cook it in a pressure cooker so you pass. Razz with biryanis too we cook it in a pressure cooker first.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:I am def. among the much maligned mutton-lovers:)
i see. Razz
real mutton lovers would frown upon mutton cooked in a pressure cooker. but you said you first cook it in a pressure cooker so you pass. Razz with biryanis too we cook it in a pressure cooker first.

HK & Maria:

In Tamil Nadu, especially in the villages, people use goat meat for their mutton preparations. I notice that Bangalore restaurants serve mutton from sheep meat for biriyani etc. Is there a preference and a difference in taste between the two? Besides, I was under the impression that mutton meant goat meat and lamb meant sheep meat. Now I am not sure.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

HK & Maria:

In Tamil Nadu, especially in the villages, people use goat meat for their mutton preparations. I notice that Bangalore restaurants serve mutton from sheep meat for biriyani etc. Is there a preference and a difference in taste between the two? Besides, I was under the impression that mutton meant goat meat and lamb meant sheep meat. Now I am not sure.

GC,
For all practical purposes in TN - "mutton" meant/means mostly goat meat. (goat- aatukari. lamb- vellariaatukari.)
When it comes to taste, I def. prefer goat meat over lamb meat.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:15 pm

goodcitizn wrote:In Tamil Nadu, especially in the villages, people use goat meat for their mutton preparations. I notice that Bangalore restaurants serve mutton from sheep meat for biriyani etc. Is there a preference and a difference in taste between the two? Besides, I was under the impression that mutton meant goat meat and lamb meant sheep meat. Now I am not sure.
GC, this is a very complicated subject. in india "goat meat" is applied for sheep and goats depending on the region AND taste (there are regions where delicious goat and sheep meat are available like rajasthan). the two are separate species and the two taste very different but the young mountainous or hilly sheep/lamb of rajasthan and kashmir taste even better than the best of plains' goat meat (i mean to imply that i do not like sheep/lamb meat -- strong odour/after-taste). even within goat meat, there are categories. the meat of a castrated goat (locally called khasi) tastes better than that of a non castrated one. then those that are fed only on chana (bengal gram). plus the veal'd goat meat etc. personally i have found that the goat meat of the south is much tender than that of the north (including bengal). in delhi, be assured, you will be served sheep's meat as "goat meat."

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:In Tamil Nadu, especially in the villages, people use goat meat for their mutton preparations. I notice that Bangalore restaurants serve mutton from sheep meat for biriyani etc. Is there a preference and a difference in taste between the two? Besides, I was under the impression that mutton meant goat meat and lamb meant sheep meat. Now I am not sure.
GC, this is a very complicated subject. in india "goat meat" is applied for sheep and goats depending on the region AND taste (there are regions where delicious goat and sheep meat are available like rajasthan). the two are separate species and the two taste very different but the young mountainous or hilly sheep/lamb of rajasthan and kashmir taste even better than the best of plains' goat meat (i mean to imply that i do not like sheep/lamb meat -- strong odour/after-taste). even within goat meat, there are categories. the meat of a castrated goat (locally called khasi) tastes better than that of a non castrated one. then those that are fed only on chana (bengal gram). plus the veal'd goat meat etc. personally i have found that the goat meat of the south is much tender than that of the north (including bengal). in delhi, be assured, you will be served sheep's meat as "goat meat."

Interesting tidbits! Thanks.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Maria S wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

HK & Maria:

GC,
For all practical purposes in TN - "mutton" meant/means mostly goat meat. (goat- aatukari. lamb- vellariaatukari.)
When it comes to taste, I def. prefer goat meat over lamb meat.
ya, me too. they are known as different animals throughout india but the restaurants use them interchangeably in their "mutton" dishes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:24 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

arlington! after hearing all these tidbits you will decide to feed only on the bene masla dose of CTR. i might want to eat you though be warned!

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

arlington! after hearing all these tidbits you will decide to feed only on the bene masla dose of CTR. i might want to eat you though be warned!
Occasionally I do eat meat, usually chicken. I don't care for "lamb" served in the U.S. but really like mutton (vellaattu kari as Maria said) dishes served in south indian hotels. (My first experience as a kid was at Madurai Muniyaandi Vilas which now have franchises in all of TN).

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Occasionally I do eat meat, usually chicken. I don't care for "lamb" served in the U.S. but really like mutton (vellaattu kari as Maria said) dishes served in south indian hotels. (My first experience as a kid was at Madurai Muniyaandi Vilas which now have franchises in all of TN).
intereting. so you are a vegetarian (almost) by choice. quite like me. now i cannot stand meat on the bone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:31 am

sunday brunch: ganpath ram pizzas -- mozzarella, capsicum, onions, baby corn, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, carom seeds powder. veggies boiled and sauted in tomato paste first. baked in electric tandoor.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Imag0511

i know bittu's breads and pizzas are way superior! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:57 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Occasionally I do eat meat, usually chicken. I don't care for "lamb" served in the U.S. but really like mutton (vellaattu kari as Maria said) dishes served in south indian hotels. (My first experience as a kid was at Madurai Muniyaandi Vilas which now have franchises in all of TN).
intereting. so you are a vegetarian (almost) by choice. quite like me. now i cannot stand meat on the bone.

GC- two streets down CTR, in the beginning of Mohamdian Blk corner there is Moonlight, a proletarian hole-in-a-wall restaurant. Check out their KP and CP ( Kerala/Ceylon parota) and ghee rice with the 3 different saerva/salna they give

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:37 am

rajma chawal. food fit for the popes!

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Imag0512

let's see how gassy i feel by bed time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:01 am

Nice. I'm out of tomatoes. Will make slow cooked rajma on Sunday maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Nice. I'm out of tomatoes. Will make slow cooked rajma on Sunday maybe.
sounds good. i had some cold, left over rajma in the evening as a snack -- yummy. ganpath is pretty talented: the stuff he cooks is better than any hotal food.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Cylinder Singh wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Nice. I'm out of tomatoes. Will make slow cooked rajma on Sunday maybe.
sounds good. i had some cold, left over rajma in the evening as a snack -- yummy. ganpath is pretty talented: the stuff he cooks is better than any hotal food.

kk thomas and associates. nice pictures of rajma and tomato. texas.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:09 am

dal makhani + basmati rice

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Imag0513

same food, DiPpHeRrRAntt DiPpHeRrRAntt presentations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 am

seven's (unknown babe's) favourite rajasthani (marwari) balls kadhi (with rice and baigan bhaji and arbi dish not in pic.)

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Imag0610

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 am

ganpath has exhausted his repertoire for it was kadhi chawal again today. henceforth i will be copying images that i have posted earlier and repeat posting them whenever a dish is made. alien

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 pm

you remembered! thats very sweet, hu..more so bcz you're now quitting.

i dont understand. the older u get the more time u have to spend online. like after retirement most of my relatives are now on FB etc (which is weird on FB ofcoz to have them around commenting on ur photos in line with ur frnds...but thats bsides the point...what i mean is growing old is no reason to quit forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:33 am

seven wrote:you remembered! thats very sweet, hu..more so bcz you're now quitting.

i dont understand. the older u get the more time u have to spend online. like after retirement most of my relatives are now on FB etc (which is weird on FB ofcoz to have them around commenting on ur photos in line with ur frnds...but thats bsides the point...what i mean is growing old is no reason to quit forums.
i'll be back soon. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:35 am

Had pork and rice for both lunch and dinner during the 16-hour non-stop flt. For the first time, I actually ate every morsel of the airline food. The fantastic bordeaux helped of course. Full marks to Cathay Pacific for great food and fantastic service.

Dinner was at a busy, fancy Chinese restaurant. I love these places for the sheer warmth and family atmosphere. All around me were large tables with extended families sitting together and eating lots of food, very noisily.

I wanted roast duck but while the menu was full of all kinds of exotica (beef lung, abalone etc), there was only whole roast duck which would be too much for me. So I settled for shredded beef with bell peppers and sticky rice, washed down with lots of jasmine tea and a glass of cabernet sauvignon. Delicious.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:12 pm

I am getting tired of cooking these days. It is all going to be Saravana Bhavan for the next few weeks.

Want to hire a cook.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:dal makhani + basmati rice

How did you cook rice that good? Tips please...

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Had pork and rice for both lunch and dinner during the 16-hour non-stop flt. For the first time, I actually ate every morsel of the airline food. The fantastic bordeaux helped of course. Full marks to Cathay Pacific for great food and fantastic service.

Dinner was at a busy, fancy Chinese restaurant. I love these places for the sheer warmth and family atmosphere. All around me were large tables with extended families sitting together and eating lots of food, very noisily.

I wanted roast duck but while the menu was full of all kinds of exotica (beef lung, abalone etc), there was only whole roast duck which would be too much for me. So I settled for shredded beef with bell peppers and sticky rice, washed down with lots of jasmine tea and a glass of cabernet sauvignon. Delicious.

A picture would have been nice.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Horsegram/spices soup. Garlic Ambti, rice, .75 cm cubed potatotes sauted/lightly fried with cayenne/turmeric/garlic/ginger finally with chopped parseley for flavour.

Anyone know how to use/cook raw turmeric roots (ginger like)?. Picked up from desi store in freezer. Wanted to know how this is cooked/used.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Ekadasi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:dal makhani + basmati rice

How did you cook rice that good? Tips please...
sasthi, the trick is actually in the basmati rice:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 2013-011

ok, make it "super" basmati rice not basmati rice.

the method of cooking rice (any rice) is not unfamilar to you. but, anyway, i write it with inputs from ganpath:

1) wash rice and soak in water for 5 mins.;
2) bring water to a boil in a vessel and then add rice to it;
3) cook till you can mash a grain of rice between your fingers but not totally but a bit of the kernel should remain (which will cook while cooling);
4) drain rice and put it in a vessel and add some ghee to it for shine, separation etc.

i do have a mamaji or uncle who has tins of doon rice (a basmati) carefully stowed away (they do not perish) which he uses seasonally for his biryani.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:03 pm

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 Kc1Uhki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:18 pm

mango tango frozen yogurt, with toppings

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 ZhTTAfA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:25 am

i never tried a road side dabeli in mumbai. must do: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151361269672689&set=a.113750137688.93249.60908652688&type=1&theater

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 480249_10151361269672689_318828698_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i never tried a road side dabeli in mumbai. must do: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151361269672689&set=a.113750137688.93249.60908652688&type=1&theater

Ah, my one truly guilty pleasure. Irresistible!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:28 am

Lunch today was butter-garlic squid, pomfret hyderabadi and prawns achari with a tandoori roti at Trishna.

Yesterday, it was a absolutely delicious and massive surmai fry (lightly battered), mutton sukka with neer dosa and prawns gassi with rice, at Pratap Lunch Home.

On both occasions, beer would have been nice. But there's this inexplicable taboo about 4.5ml of alcohol in the bloodstream while at the workplace. Bummer.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:38 am

multi coloured water balloons, courtesy vidya, for suchers to play holi with:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 2 ZhTTAfA

E N J O Y !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 pm

balls kadhi with chupri roti for lunch tomorrow. will post pics if they turn out good. (merely celebrating a blood glucose test that came out normal today -- but eschewing rice and potatoes for now).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next