Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for Rashmun

3 posters

Go down

Question for Rashmun Empty Question for Rashmun

Post by charvaka Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 pm

You mentioned a few times that Ramdev had some demands which the government accepted, and then he started making more demands. Any idea what those demands were? Which demands did they accept, and which demands did they refuse to accept?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Question for Rashmun Empty Re: Question for Rashmun

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:19 pm

charvaka wrote:You mentioned a few times that Ramdev had some demands which the government accepted, and then he started making more demands. Any idea what those demands were? Which demands did they accept, and which demands did they refuse to accept?

i do not know the details. i do know though that Ramdev had signed a letter in which he agreed that the govt. and he had reached an agreement after all his demands had been accepted. Later, the same day, he reneged on his signed statement. The govt. then released this signed letter of Ramdev to the media.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:21 pm

He will respond as soon as Digvijai says something. he has sent an SOS to MT Sonia ji

Why should anyone believe THIS corrupt Govt. ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:You mentioned a few times that Ramdev had some demands which the government accepted, and then he started making more demands. Any idea what those demands were? Which demands did they accept, and which demands did they refuse to accept?

i do not know the details. i do know though that Ramdev had signed a letter in which he agreed that the govt. and he had reached an agreement after all his demands had been accepted. Later, the same day, he reneged on his signed statement. The govt. then released this signed letter of Ramdev to the media.
Did the letter list his demands that the government accepted?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:30 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Did the letter list his demands that the government accepted?

i have not read the contents of the letter. all i know, based on media reports, is that the letter clearly stated that all his demands had been accepted by the govt.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 pm

You have a lot of trust in the words put out by the government. A little measure of healthy skepticism would serve you well when you deal with the statements of the rich and powerful (and I include Ramdev in that group.)
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:59 pm

charvaka wrote:You have a lot of trust in the words put out by the government. A little measure of healthy skepticism would serve you well when you deal with the statements of the rich and powerful (and I include Ramdev in that group.)

a disguised crook is more dangerous than an open crook in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:a disguised crook is more dangerous than an open crook in my opinion.
I think believing an "open crook" just because you don't like the "disguised crook" can be dangerous as well. After all, the open crook is a crook as well.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Rashmun wrote:

>>>> Ramdev may very well have jumped in front of the anti-corruption brigade for self- serving purposes. I really don't hold any brief for this guy, but isn't the crux of the problem governmental corruption? Seems like the discussion in the media bout ramdev is shifting the focus away from it. In a way, many people may be rallying behind this guy because of their frustration with the system and the 'see no evil, hear no evil' posture in delhi.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:05 am

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:a disguised crook is more dangerous than an open crook in my opinion.
I think believing an "open crook" just because you don't like the "disguised crook" can be dangerous as well. After all, the open crook is a crook as well.
Particularly if the open crook is the one who is running and country and has all the power.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down