Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question for Rashmun

4 posters

Go down

A question for Rashmun Empty A question for Rashmun

Post by Mosquito Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Can you mention one instance where Charvaka's admin power has worked against you?
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

A question for Rashmun Empty Re: A question for Rashmun

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:35 pm

PseudoIntellectual wrote:Can you mention one instance where Charvaka's admin power has worked against you?

--> it just makes me uncomfortable to have a heated discussion on a forum with someone who has Admin powers on that forum. My opinion is that only those people who who are not prone to getting into fights should be Admin of a forum. If they are prone to getting into fights, and become Admin, then they need to make a conscious effort to avoid getting into fights or else hand over the Admin power to someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:38 pm

all that discomfort of last 3-4 days did not stop you from backing out, nor did it make him log in as admin.

guess carvaka has passed the fire test.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Rashmun wrote: it just makes me uncomfortable to have a heated discussion on a forum with someone who has Admin powers on that forum. My opinion is that only those people who who are not prone to getting into fights should be Admin of a forum. If they are prone to getting into fights, they need to make a conscious effort to avoid getting into fights.

I think Charvaka has been liberal. I had my own arguments with him but IMHO he does not get into "heated" discussions; may be you "feel" that way. In my case he argued legitimately. I did not like to continue; though I was wishing to argue more but felt unnecessary. He has done a good job and we all know it is a good-for-nothing work.

BTW you can always go back to Sulekha and join your old friends. No harm in that. I do not think anyone asked you or me to come here specially and grace this forum. Neither will your departure cause any problems here. This is a shout-at-will or rant-at-will location. Stay or leave is our decision. Do as you please.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:it just makes me uncomfortable to have a heated discussion on a forum with someone who has Admin powers on that forum.
Yet in our discussion, you were the one who was using threats... like "charvaka knows what I know about his uncle, so we're cool."

If after this discussion today you still feel uncomfortable on this score, I can't help you overcome your reservations.

Rashmun wrote:My opinion is that only those people who who are not prone to getting into fights should be Admin of a forum. If they are prone to getting into fights, and become Admin, then they need to make a conscious effort to avoid getting into fights or else hand over the Admin power to someone else.
I was always prone to getting to fights. I have had many fights with each of the following CHers: Sandilya, Seva, Luke Warmus, Uppili, Jatayu, Nariga, Tejasvee, QB, TS, Petra and even you (on the role of Hindi.) Given that that history of ongoing fights didn't stop you for endorsing me as admin, your newfound principle sounds like yet another attempt to shut me up, after the attempt to use my family members failed.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:53 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:it just makes me uncomfortable to have a heated discussion on a forum with someone who has Admin powers on that forum.
Yet in our discussion, you were the one who was using threats... like "charvaka knows what I know about his uncle, so we're cool."

--> i brought your uncle into the picture after you started engaging in shameless name calling. you yourself had announced your uncle to be a fraud on Sulekha CH.

Charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:My opinion is that only those people who who are not prone to getting into fights should be Admin of a forum. If they are prone to getting into fights, and become Admin, then they need to make a conscious effort to avoid getting into fights or else hand over the Admin power to someone else.
I was always prone to getting to fights. I have had many fights with each of the following CHers: Sandilya, Seva, Luke Warmus, Uppili, Jatayu, Nariga, Tejasvee, QB, TS, Petra and even you (on the role of Hindi.) Given that that history of ongoing fights didn't stop you for endorsing me as admin, your newfound principle sounds like yet another attempt to shut me up, after the attempt to use my family members failed.

--> my assessment is that you have become more prone to fight after becoming Admin. in my opinion it should be the reverse. a person who becomes Admin should deliberately exercise restraint and avoid getting into fights. i had hoped u would have the sense to do so, but i was wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Rashmun wrote:you yourself had announced your uncle to be a fraud on Sulekha CH.
Keep lying: https://such.forumotion.com/t2305-my-tribute-to-charvaka-s-grandfather#19871.

Rashmun wrote:my assessment is that you have become more prone to fight after becoming Admin.
My assessment is that you are whining because I fought with you, and your tried and tested family-member-attack tactic failed.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:17 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:you yourself had announced your uncle to be a fraud on Sulekha CH.
Keep lying: https://such.forumotion.com/t2305-my-tribute-to-charvaka-s-grandfather#19871.

Rashmun wrote:my assessment is that you have become more prone to fight after becoming Admin.
My assessment is that you are whining because I fought with you, and your tried and tested family-member-attack tactic failed.

--> in fact it worked better than i expected. you got truly rattled. of course, Seva has invoked your family of fraudulent priests again and again on Sulekha CH.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:in fact it worked better than i expected. you got truly rattled.
Yeah, that's me right there: bounce

Rashmun wrote:of course, Seva has invoked your family of fraudulent priests again and again on Sulekha CH.
Right, that's why you should become his full-fledged disciple instead of being his Ekalavya-sishya.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:01 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:in fact it worked better than i expected. you got truly rattled.
Yeah, that's me right there: bounce

Rashmun wrote:of course, Seva has invoked your family of fraudulent priests again and again on Sulekha CH.
Right, that's why you should become his full-fledged disciple instead of being his Ekalavya-sishya.

--> do you remember you were once a full fledged shishya of Luke Warmus? That was before he starting going after telugus. as long as he kept his criticism to north indians, your regionalist ass was just fine. only after he started going after telugus did u stop being Lukeji's disciple. A question for Rashmun 3077217049

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Rashmun wrote:do you remember you were once a full fledged shishya of Luke Warmus? That was before he starting going after telugus. as long as he kept his criticism to north indians, your regionalist ass was just fine. only after he started going after telugus did u stop being Lukeji's disciple. A question for Rashmun 3077217049
Surprise me if you can and show some evidence for your claims. Otherwise this is just another one of your tiresome lies. From my first day on CH, I was opposed to all forms of regionalist baiting.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:27 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:do you remember you were once a full fledged shishya of Luke Warmus? That was before he starting going after telugus. as long as he kept his criticism to north indians, your regionalist ass was just fine. only after he started going after telugus did u stop being Lukeji's disciple. A question for Rashmun 3077217049
Surprise me if you can and show some evidence for your claims. Otherwise this is just another one of your tiresome lies. From my first day on CH, I was opposed to all forms of regionalist baiting.

--> you only developed a problem with Luke Warmus after he started attacking telugus. when he was attacking north indians you had no issues with him at all and were in fact on extremely cordial relations with him. this is a fact known to old timers.

--> As for who is a liar, it is you after you questioned my claim about your dishonest and unscrupulous uncle. Seva then upheld my claim and said it is not just your uncle but other members of your family also who are unscrupulous cheats.

--> Do you sometimes feel ashamed about coming from a family of priests who do not know sanskrit, do not chant mantras properly, and yet go around collecting fat daksinas?

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Hey, you two get a room...
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> you only developed a problem with Luke Warmus after he started attacking telugus. when he was attacking north indians you had no issues with him at all and were in fact on extremely cordial relations with him. this is a fact known to old timers.
Repeating your lie and stating it as "a fact known to old timers" is not considered "providing evidence" under any school of Indian philosophy, I hope. It may be legitimate in the Rashmun Method, but it doesn't work in the real world. I challenged you to show evidence for your claim. And all you do is blabber random crap about my family!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:39 pm

guyz, people stopped reading your tu-tu main main a while ago. Yeah i can ignore it just that it shows up on the top in latest posts masking others. You have it running on at least 4 threads.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:43 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Repeating your lie and stating it as "a fact known to old timers" is not considered "providing evidence" under any school of Indian philosophy, I hope. It may be legitimate in the Rashmun Method, but it doesn't work in the real world. I challenged you to show evidence for your claim. And all you do is blabber random crap about my family!

--> Did Seva not corroborate what i said about your family? what i am saying about your family is something you you have yourself divulged on CH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down