Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memory issues

4 posters

Go down

Memory issues Empty Memory issues

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:21 am

So, cousin ex-bil asked me during the weekend how I celebrated my b'day. I said. "Oh it was very nice. I took half day from work. We went to Edison to hog, then mall, then watched movies on the way back". He says, "Oh cool. what movie?". I said, "We could not decide on a movie, so the kids watched Planes, it's got Priyanka Chopra's voiceover on it". He says, "Oh really, didn't know that. Which one did you watch?" And now, I draw a complete blank. What movie did I see? I remember arguing w/kids about it, asking them to come watch it too before finally relenting when son began crying. I remember approximately what side of the theatre it was. But what it was, complete blank. Perplexed, I ask son, "Sonny, what movie did I see on my b'day?" He looks up from his iPod, gives me WTF look, and says, "Blue Jasmine", before going back to his iPod. I go on to cousin, "Aaaaaaaaaaah yes, I watched Blue Jasmine. Great movie, I liked it." The whole movie comes back to me fianlly. I ramble on a lot more about it, about Woody Allen and so on, but by this time, cousin also had that I-can't-believe-she-is-so-old-so-soon look and lost interest in the topic.

So ya, what's wrong with me? I was always absent-minded and forgetful, but it's reaching new heights now. Why do I blank out so bad? Is it common?

Back to top Go down

Memory issues Empty Re: Memory issues

Post by Bittu Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
So ya, what's wrong with me?
That. Is. A. Loaded. Question.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:So, cousin ex-bil asked me during the weekend how I celebrated my b'day. I said. "Oh it was very nice. I took half day from work. We went to Edison to hog, then mall, then watched movies on the way back". He says, "Oh cool. what movie?". I said, "We could not decide on a movie, so the kids watched Planes, it's got Priyanka Chopra's voiceover on it". He says, "Oh really, didn't know that. Which one did you watch?" And now, I draw a complete blank. What movie did I see? I remember arguing w/kids about it, asking them to come watch it too before finally relenting when son began crying. I remember approximately what side of the theatre it was. But what it was, complete blank. Perplexed, I ask son, "Sonny, what movie did I see on my b'day?" He looks up from his iPod, gives me WTF look, and says, "Blue Jasmine", before going back to his iPod. I go on to cousin, "Aaaaaaaaaaah yes, I watched Blue Jasmine. Great movie, I liked it." The whole movie comes back to me fianlly. I ramble on a lot more about it, about Woody Allen and so on, but by this time, cousin also had that I-can't-believe-she-is-so-old-so-soon look and lost interest in the topic.

So ya, what's wrong with me? I was always absent-minded and forgetful, but it's reaching new heights now. Why do I blank out so bad? Is it common?
You just reached 40.....This is God's way of helping you forget all useless things...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:So, cousin ex-bil asked me during the weekend how I celebrated my b'day. I said. "Oh it was very nice. I took half day from work. We went to Edison to hog, then mall, then watched movies on the way back". He says, "Oh cool. what movie?". I said, "We could not decide on a movie, so the kids watched Planes, it's got Priyanka Chopra's voiceover on it". He says, "Oh really, didn't know that. Which one did you watch?" And now, I draw a complete blank. What movie did I see? I remember arguing w/kids about it, asking them to come watch it too before finally relenting when son began crying. I remember approximately what side of the theatre it was. But what it was, complete blank. Perplexed, I ask son, "Sonny, what movie did I see on my b'day?" He looks up from his iPod, gives me WTF look, and says, "Blue Jasmine", before going back to his iPod. I go on to cousin, "Aaaaaaaaaaah yes, I watched Blue Jasmine. Great movie, I liked it." The whole movie comes back to me fianlly. I ramble on a lot more about it, about Woody Allen and so on, but by this time, cousin also had that I-can't-believe-she-is-so-old-so-soon look and lost interest in the topic.

You just reached 40.....This is God's way of helping you forget all useless things...Razz
>>>If you are under stress, you tend to forget things. Alternatively, forgetting certain things that are not of importance may just be your brain's way of avoiding memory overload.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 am

The X in XH and Ex-Bil story needs are new twist. The current format in your story is making them look like your everyday family.

Your story characters need a different behavior for Ex family members, stay away for some time before you bring them back again.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down