Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an article for sadguru to read

+8
Hellsangel
Petrichor
Rishi
garam_kuta
Vakavaka Pakapaka
FluteHolder
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

an article for sadguru to read - Page 2 Empty Re: an article for sadguru to read

Post by smArtha Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 pm

bw wrote:i am considering a change of profession. i am sure i too can come up with such theories. can't do the beard, robe thing though.
Can you convince even a couple of dozen people with your theories is the question here

smArtha

Back to top Go down

an article for sadguru to read - Page 2 Empty Re: an article for sadguru to read

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:36 pm

smArtha wrote:
bw wrote:i am considering a change of profession. i am sure i too can come up with such theories. can't do the beard, robe thing though.
Can you convince even a couple of dozen people with your theories is the question here
P.T. Barnum already stated the she can - the same way this Sadguru can.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
smArtha wrote:
P.T. Barnum already stated the she can - the same way this Sadguru can.
Who is PT Barnum. Same as bw?!! Didn't see that post.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:27 pm

smArtha wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:The Sadhu? :-)
So you agree with my observation.
The sadhu's story (modified from one of our traditional stories) is related to the whiskey/hooch issue. Whether one drinks whiskey or hooch, he is attached to alcohol. (In the context of the topic, both can give their opinions and while the one on whiskey "looks" more sophisticated, the other, is more or less ignored.) The old Sadhu, with all his meditation (sophistication), is still stuck in vasanas. The young fellow was more "enlightened" than the old one.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:40 pm

To add to the general random walk theory on threads, not strings -

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2013/09/23/224404260/the-man-who-gets-the-science-right-on-the-big-bang-theory

'89 Smile

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:46 pm

smArtha wrote:I cannot view videos or audit audios at work. If there is something to read post the same.
it's a youtube link to a set of very clear and well done advanced ugrad, basic grad level QM lectures by emeritus prof balakrishnan of iit-m. watch it if you have the tiniest interest in the subject (at least the first lecture). he is a real master of the subject, a veritable rishi.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:26 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
smArtha wrote:I cannot view videos or audit audios at work. If there is something to read post the same.
it's a youtube link to a set of very clear and well done advanced ugrad, basic grad level QM lectures by emeritus prof balakrishnan of iit-m. watch it if you have the tiniest interest in the subject (at least the first lecture). he is a real master of the subject, a veritable rishi.
Then I have to watch it from home some day. Thanks for the link though

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:The sadhu's story (modified from one of our traditional stories) is related to the whiskey/hooch issue. Whether one drinks whiskey or hooch, he is attached to alcohol. (In the context of the topic, both can give their opinions and while the one on whiskey "looks" more sophisticated, the other, is more or less ignored.) The old Sadhu, with all his meditation (sophistication), is still stuck in vasanas. The young fellow was more "enlightened" than the old one.
There is no more and less Enlightenment. The younger one is wise enough to realize that the one he was approaching is still not rid of his vasanas and continued in search of his Guru. 

In any case, the relevance of this story to what you had written before was totally lost on me.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
bw wrote:inner engineering? memetic algorithm? aha, this swami will amuse me for quite some time it seems. so much to read. i needed a change from deepak chopra.

http://www.innerengineering.com/home.php

i am considering a change of profession. i am sure i too can come up with such theories. can't do the beard, robe thing though.
Beard and robe are not the only means to Gurudom.
an article for sadguru to read - Page 2 321785-shri-radhe-maa-birthday-celebration
nice - Mata Jil Jil Jil Jnaneshwari Tappamma it is.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 pm

smArtha wrote:
there's a sucker born every minute. of course, the right image and clever marketing are vital. to catch the urban, "educated" suckers, throwing in terms  like higgs boson(all coz it is called "god particle"), non quantum local, memetic algorithm etc. seems to work. the whole thing counts on enough people willing to buy the "i don't know and so might as well believe any humbug" theory.  i need to first work on the name and outfit. shall get to the rest after that.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:20 am

bw wrote:there's a sucker born every minute. of course, the right image and clever marketing are vital. to catch the urban, "educated" suckers, throwing in terms  like higgs boson(all coz it is called "god particle"), non quantum local, memetic algorithm etc. seems to work. the whole thing counts on enough people willing to buy the "i don't know and so might as well believe any humbug" theory.  i need to first work on the name and outfit. shall get to the rest after that.
Good luck with the image building and marketing. We'll look at your theories then.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2