Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hampi on my next trip back home

3 posters

Go down

Hampi on my next trip back home Empty Hampi on my next trip back home

Post by Rishi Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:42 pm

http://newindianexpress.com/lifestyle/travel/Once-Upon-a-Time/2013/12/08/article1931170.ece

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Hampi on my next trip back home Empty Re: Hampi on my next trip back home

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:26 am

Rishi wrote:http://newindianexpress.com/lifestyle/travel/Once-Upon-a-Time/2013/12/08/article1931170.ece
you know, I was looking at the Hampi pictures that I took a few ago trying to locate a particular picture just before opening your thread.

Yes, the bazaar is like any street in any major temple town - say Srirangam or Kanchi temples. I saw a hotel sign listing phoren cuisines - including iSraeli cuisine(?).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:21 am

Sikular fukularists try to cover up the destruction that monomaniacs caused to Hampi. In its hay day, it represented how prosperous the subjects of Krishnadevaraya were. Just imagine precious stones and other valuables sold in kilos in open bazaars and people not locking their doors!

Kakatiya dynasty in AP also built a magnificent capital in Warangal. Again, monomaniacs destroyed it with vengeance.

Now, CONmen are playing games with the people of Krishnadevaraya's old kingdom - trying to divide the region into two just to enhance monomaniac votes in Telangana.

CONartists are the real barbarians of our era..

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down