Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice to be back home..

+2
confuzzled dude
FluteHolder
6 posters

Go down

Nice to be back home.. Empty Nice to be back home..

Post by FluteHolder Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:45 pm

And nice to see the house still intact after 3 months of none living:) (no tornadoes/storms), not much dust or bugs. And the drip irrigation  we installed just on the last day before we left for veg.garden working well and due to this lots of okra(vendaikkai), long beans, avarakkai, and ridge gourd.

And nice to be picked up by a friend at airport who also brought food/immediate veg.groceries later which helped us not to visit for groceries till tomorrow:)

All the luggage intact and almost all were opened by TSA and nothing damaged (grinder/mixie/esp cooker!Smile.

Visited Tirulelveli, Tiruchendur, Kanyakumari, Srivaikundam, Kovilpatti, Guruvayoor, Coimbatore besides Tanjore/Chennai/Bangalore. And  saw the houses I grew up 30+ years ago in Kovilpatti/Srivaikundam  and they are  looking the same..Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Nice to be back home.. Empty Re: Nice to be back home..

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Welcome back  man... 3 months hah. Now, you need to buy a stick shift...

FluteHolder wrote:
Kovilpatti/Srivaikundam  and they are  looking the same..
Is that good or bad, I'm guessing good, what about real estate or Ag. Land prices?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:36 pm

good to have you back, saar !

any attempts to meet /visit Sadhguru ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:59 am

One of my friend has bought large farm area (150 kms from Chennai ) for him and his friends, and he is planning to build a retirement community homes. He thinks most kids may not live with their parents in future when they are old. He is also helping in rebuilding/relocation of a 300 year old temple which has 7.5 feet high vigrahams. And  building toilets, kitchen for a local govt high school.

Visited Isha center in Coimbatore and spent one whole day. Nice weather and atmosphere, food. Evening a small lecture/QA session by Sadhguru.

Yes. Kind of worried that I might drive on wrong side of the road here after 2 months of driving on Left side in India so not gone out yet.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:03 am

Good to have you back, Flutie. Sounds like it was also a temple-trotting trip. Glad you and your family enjoyed the visit.

I watched the video you posted, "Nee ye unakkku endrum" from Bale Paandya. It is definitely one of my favorite songs. Just hated the subtitles, especially the translation. I can't for the life of me understand why people who can't translate endeavor to kill the very meaning of the song.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:21 am

Hey FH, three months is a LONG time esp to visit India. Are you an educator? Why did you go for three months? What did you accomplish? Three months is a long fucking time. Holy shyt.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:53 am

Bittu wrote:Hey FH, three months is a LONG time esp to visit India. Are you an educator? Why did you go for three months? What did you accomplish? Three months is a long fucking time. Holy shyt.
If your TMA can do it (and my TMA is planning to do and with even eviler plans), so can Flutie. Based on his posts on finance and investments I suspect that he is a ....big time banker.

And, they can do whatever they want as they own all our money.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:06 pm

FluteHolder wrote:One of my friend has bought large farm area (150 kms from Chennai ) for him and his friends, and he is planning to build a retirement community homes. He thinks most kids may not live with their parents in future when they are old. He is also helping in rebuilding/relocation of a 300 year old temple which has 7.5 feet high vigrahams. And  building toilets, kitchen for a local govt high school.

Visited Isha center in Coimbatore and spent one whole day. Nice weather and atmosphere, food. Evening a small lecture/QA session by Sadhguru.

Yes. Kind of worried that I might drive on wrong side of the road here after 2 months of driving on Left side in India so not gone out yet.
Made me look into this Sadhguru.....hm....reading about....looks like I missed a greta chance to become a Lokshakti Guruji, and built an ashram right in my own backyard...

Sorry flutie...could not help...I always wondered where this Siva temple suddenly came from. Now I see. That Velliangiri hills and the range was virginal with ABSOLUTELY no development and only a dirt path. No that is fast becoming like a Dharamasla or Manali without snow.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:16 pm

FluteHolder wrote:One of my friend has bought large farm area (150 kms from Chennai ) for him and his friends, and he is planning to build a retirement community homes. He thinks most kids may not live with their parents in future when they are old. He is also helping in rebuilding/relocation of a 300 year old temple which has 7.5 feet high vigrahams. And  building toilets, kitchen for a local govt high school.

Any idea on Pudupakkam, near SIPCOT?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:30 pm

I am not into education. Upps is somewhat right:)  My friend who is retired (civil construction business), helps in building/consulting for schools for poor/under developed areas. 

Donot put evil nazar on my 3 month trip. It was a working vacation but I could not get much work done when away in hilly/remote areas where the internet connection/wireless broadband was not good.

I have no idea on Pudupakkam.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down