Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good to be back home

5 posters

Go down

Good to be back home Empty Good to be back home

Post by charvaka Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm

It is almost midnight but the roads are full of honking cars trucks and bikes. There was a sign on the inside door of the stall at the airport bath room scrawled in Telugu Hindi and Urdu: no washing of feet. True synthesis right there.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Good to be back home Empty Re: Good to be back home

Post by charvaka Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:19 pm

I have spent a few days in India lately and I feel highly qualified to make a few more posts about synthesis. Here are some forms of synthesis I have observed. I shall be elaborating on each of these synthesis items in due course with the requisite circular linkages and cross-references.

My executive summary on synthesis is that it's happening, it happening right now, and you all are missing it.

Exhibit A: at the Hyderabad airport, someone scrawled "do not wash feet" in Hindi inside the door of a restroom stall. Clearly, people were attempting to wash their feet in the western-style toilet, and this had to be stopped for the sake of the nation, so someone wrote a notice in the national language. But here is where the beautiful synthesis begins. Someone else -- with a different handwriting, as I noticed with my James Bond like observation skills -- had scrawled the same helpful message in Telugu. And yet another person wrote it out in Urdu. Three different people, one thought, all for the nation. Sweet synthesis.

Exhibit B: After I noticed the above synthesis, I discussed this with Justice Matileni Jagapati Babu of the Andhra Pradesh High Court. He agreed with me wholeheartedly that this synthesis was highly desirable. Justice Matileni went so far as to suggest that if he seen the message only in Hindi on a door, he would promptly have scrawled the Telugu translation himself. I advance this as conclusive evidence of synthesis. Here are Justice Matileni's words repeated in bold for emphasis.

"If I would have seen a message like that in Hindi only, I will write the same message in Telugu also. This will help promote Telugu culture and language at National Level."

Note to self: Put this thing up on some website and cross-reference it with a link next time.

Exhibit C: I was talking to a distant relation about some mundane family stuff. He insisted on asking me questions in English, although I kept responding in Telugu. I had a very uneasy 10 minute conversation where I used mostly Telugu, and he mostly English, about stuff that is more naturally spoken of in Telugu. Based on this I observed that the said gentleman does not know Hindi. If only he had known Hindi, we could have both spoken in Hindi comfortably, until such future time when I would be ready to speak in English which, it must be duly noted, is the language of the future. I propose that this person be taken to Hindi school and taught by some unemployed youths from UP and Bihar, in the interest of the nation.

More exhibits are being prepared for future presentation. Watch this space for updates.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:39 pm

ROFL@matileni!!
Mosquito
Mosquito

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 pm

will you be traveling to lucknow to eat at the awadhi restaurant near the kanshi ram memorial? and when you eat there please be sure to ask waiter nand lal meena whether there is regular screening of telugu movies to promote national integration at pratibha cinema. make sure to quiz him in telugu to ascertain that national integration efforts are going well.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:08 pm

question on exhibit C: Why didn't you answer him in English? Why was the nature of the topic better suited in Telugu? Why didn't he switch to Telugu (well, you may not know this, but thought we can somehow figure it out together).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Funny. What is this about?.

Sounds like Rashmun. Your handle hijacked?.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:will you be traveling to lucknow to eat at the awadhi restaurant near the kanshi ram memorial? and when you eat there please be sure to ask waiter nand lal meena whether there is regular screening of telugu movies to promote national integration at pratibha cinema. make sure to quiz him in telugu to ascertain that national integration efforts are going well.

Whatever happened to Tamizh? why switch to Telugu?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:26 pm

artood2 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:will you be traveling to lucknow to eat at the awadhi restaurant near the kanshi ram memorial? and when you eat there please be sure to ask waiter nand lal meena whether there is regular screening of telugu movies to promote national integration at pratibha cinema. make sure to quiz him in telugu to ascertain that national integration efforts are going well.

Whatever happened to Tamizh? why switch to Telugu?

telugu is the hindi of the south. the dakshin rashtra basha. we have plans to start uttar bharat telugu prachar sabhas soon.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 pm

moreover telugu is based on sanskrit our common heritage. so it should be easy for utthar bharatiyas to learn telugu.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 pm

moreover i am channeling the spirit of lamberdarji and integrating it with that of other worthy synthesizers here.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down