Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't lie especially when you have put stuff out there on the web

Go down

Don't lie especially when you have put stuff out there on the web Empty Don't lie especially when you have put stuff out there on the web

Post by Rishi Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:45 pm

A State Department worker is under investigation for awarding $52 million in government contracts to a company owned by her 'secret' husband and daughter.

Kathleen McGrade is accused of helping husband Brian Collinsworth and daughter Jennifer Herring - Vice President and CEO of Sterling Royale Group respectively - win 43 government contracts for construction projects and security work at U.S. sites overseas.

But when reporters at website The Daily Caller contacted Collinsworth, he denied being married to Mrs McGrade, the site reported.

He said: 'She is the CO on our contracts, but we are not married in any way, shape or form.

'That’s kind of funny, but, okay.'

Mr Collinsworth added there was no connection between the couple other than 'a professional one of a CO to a company.'

But the site then uncovered a library of pictures on MySpace showing Collinsworth and McGrade together under the caption: 'Happily married to my beautiful wife of one year, Kathy.'

Collinsworth continued: 'I have four children from a previous marriage and one brand new step-daughter (see photos).

'At the moment, I’m working in the construction business doing Embassy work for the US Government.'

The State Department awarded Sterling Royale Group $52,095,333, from its Overseas Building Operations budget between May 2009 and June 15 this year.

The projects involved construction of 'commercial and institutional building' projects in foreign countries.

The site approached Herring’s ex-fiancée, Keith Smithey, who confirmed he was a groomsman at the pair's wedding.
He added: 'It was a big secret.
'In fact, they even told me it was a secret and not to tell anyone that they know that they are married, because of the whole conflict of interest and all that.'
the State Department will neither confirm or deny whether Mrs McGrade declared the potential conflict of interest.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016918/State-worker-Kathleen-McGrade-gave-husband-daughter-52m-contracts.html#ixzz2n0qL2zAX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Rishi

Back to top Go down