Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignore Rashmun?

+9
MaxEntropy_Man
Merlot Daruwala
Another Brick
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
charvaka
Propagandhi711
Rekz
SomeProfile
Hellsangel
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should we Ignore Rashmun?

Ignore Rashmun? Vote_lcap23%Ignore Rashmun? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Ignore Rashmun? Vote_lcap77%Ignore Rashmun? Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 13

Ignore Rashmun? Empty Ignore Rashmun?

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:59 am

Rashmun asks why we come to praise him and not bury ignore him. So I ask:
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Ignore Rashmun? Empty Re: Ignore Rashmun?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:01 pm

why? his latest obsession is baba ramdev. akbar must be feeling happy while laughing at baba ramdev's mimicry by ndtv.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 pm

it appears that the Rashmun Method has succeeded in befooling intelligent people on numerous occasions. for instance:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/adi-sankar-on-charvakas.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 pm

here is another example:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/adi-sankar-and-sudras.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Rashmun wrote:here is another example:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/adi-sankar-and-sudras.htm

yet another example:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/adi-sankaracharya-and-manu-smriti-128929.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Nah. It's always good to know what different people are thinking. And rashmun sorta represents a huge group with that kinda thinking. It won't change much by wha we tell him here. And thus, when his views do change, it would be a fair indicator of the change in that section of the population.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Nah. It's always good to know what different people are thinking. And rashmun sorta represents a huge group with that kinda thinking. It won't change much by wha we tell him here. And thus, when his views do change, it would be a fair indicator of the change in that section of the population.

Good point. But I would still not engage him too much. All the discussions and dialog with him not only makes him spout more nonsense, it also convinces him that he is right. Part of Rashmun Method involves looking at who is making an argument and drawing the conclusion. Eg: SP says the Sun rises in the East. Therefore, the Sun must NOT rise in the East.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Nah. It's always good to know what different people are thinking. And rashmun sorta represents a huge group with that kinda thinking. It won't change much by wha we tell him here. And thus, when his views do change, it would be a fair indicator of the change in that section of the population.

Good point. But I would still not engage him too much. All the discussions and dialog with him not only makes him spout more nonsense, it also convinces him that he is right. Part of Rashmun Method involves looking at who is making an argument and drawing the conclusion. Eg: SP says the Sun rises in the East. Therefore, the Sun must NOT rise in the East.

--> SP, are you now bored of your ongoing fight with QueenBee on CH which has now been going on for a few years? Also, do you continue to nurse a grudge against me for reprimanding you twice for repeatedly pimping the forum of which you were the administrator and inviting members of this forum and of those planning to leave CH to join your forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Why to ignore Rashmun?
Ignore other idiotic unkils
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Rekz wrote:Why to ignore Rashmun?

--> particularly unkils like SomeProfile who indulge in parental abuse in their posts and then leave a disclaimer that the poster's mother they were insulting and abusing ('your mother is getting raped', etc.) is in fact a reference to the poster's country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Dear Rekz,

IMO, you spend too much time thinking about, talking about and talking to the 'idiotic unkils' you claim to dislike / despise. It's high time you asked your parents to get you married and got you your own 'idiotic unkil'.

Sincere advice from a well-wisher,

S P

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:

--> particularly unkils like SomeProfile who indulge in parental abuse in their posts and then leave a disclaimer that the poster's mother they were insulting and abusing ('your mother is getting raped', etc.) is in fact a reference to the poster's country.
ya that was so stupid of him...if one is good with words and want to put a point across...do it honestly without being harsh...i would have disliked that post one hundred times
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:26 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

Dear Rekz,

IMO, you spend too much time thinking about, talking about and talking to the 'idiotic unkils' you claim to dislike / despise. It's high time you asked your parents to get you married and got you your own 'idiotic unkil'.

Sincere advice from a well-wisher,

S P

SP well wisher,
How many times should i tell here Sleep ...Im married...my hubby is no unkil...mind it cyclops
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:33 pm

rashmun contributes something interesting unlike the fatass aunties on this forum with their silly cute crap.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:rashmun contributes something interesting unlike the fatass aunties on this forum with their silly cute crap.

Aha! Lets see if propu is mentioning about me anywhere in above post..
fatass-not me
aunties-not me
silly-not me
crap-not me
cute-this is me..this is it Laughing

aww propu u r getting sweeter now..thank u
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Only 4 votes so far. Democracy is wasted on the free.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Rekz wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:rashmun contributes something interesting unlike the fatass aunties on this forum with their silly cute crap.

Aha! Lets see if propu is mentioning about me anywhere in above post..
fatass-not me
aunties-not me
silly-not me
crap-not me
cute-this is me..this is it Laughing

aww propu u r getting sweeter now..thank u

Ignore Rashmun? 3077217049

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 pm

The sad thing is nobody said there needs to be a third choice on the poll.

Rashmun is a good example of what happens to someone when they get singlemindedly obsessed about the negatives of any political platform. One then starts defending the bad things about the other side, losing all objectivity. Sure, the BJP poses dangers to India. But that does not automatically make anything the Congress does A-OK.

The Congress has long exploited the fear of communal violence to justify all manner of excesses. Because our independence was accompanied by the horror of Partition, the party had a readily available fear to stifle dissent -- the fear of deadly riots. The party routinely accuses other people of being "communal" while they themselves are rank communalists (and not just with Muslims and Christians; when it suits their opportunistic political interest, they play communal politics with Hindus too, e.g. Rajiv Gandhi's shilanyas at Babri Masjid.)

The educated elites of India that care about communal harmony and equal rights for all religions do not need to let their fear of right-wing extremists overcome their objectivity in political matters. India is stronger than that. Participation in governance (or "coalition dharma" as Vajpayee put it) has blunted the extremism of the BJP, and India's economic progress has taken the wind out of the sails of Hindutva extremism that relied on masses of unemployed Hindu youth.

Rashmun misses all this, and lives in a binary world where it's either Congress of BJP, so any criticism of the Congress is bad and any actions of Congress are worth defending.

Rashmun wrote:it appears that the Rashmun Method has succeeded in befooling intelligent people on numerous occasions.
Well, I don't believe in opposing or supporting ideas based on who advocates them. You think violence is bad, but you think it's good if perpetrated by Congress. You will apply the Rashmun Method to justify your stance. OTOH, I will agree with you when you say something sensible, and point it out when you insist on defending the indefensible. I don't consider that "being fooled."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:47 pm

SomeProfile wrote:But I would still not engage him too much. All the discussions and dialog with him not only makes him spout more nonsense, it also convinces him that he is right. Part of Rashmun Method involves looking at who is making an argument and drawing the conclusion. Eg: SP says the Sun rises in the East. Therefore, the Sun must NOT rise in the East.
Well, I don't want this forum to become an echo chamber of people agreeing with each other. So, much as I vigorously disagree with him, I prefer that these arguments do take place.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:50 pm

he posted my fav song in HD. not ignoring him.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Shaven,

Ignore is not the same as block. By ignore, all that I mean is to not respond to his overly stupid posts.

Example of overly stupid post: jizzing with fantasies of pigvijay thug being home minister.

You are welcome to respond to his moderately stupid posts and songs.

HTH

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Dumb Profile,

what makes you so sure god only knows but fyi i meant NO to ignoring as in not reading/responding to rashmun's posts. i didnt say the word block anywhere. you are welcome to cast your vote and expected to respect other ppl's votes.

w/e

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:56 pm

charvaka wrote:The sad thing is nobody said there needs to be a third choice on the poll.

Rashmun is a good example of what happens to someone when they get singlemindedly obsessed about the negatives of any political platform. One then starts defending the bad things about the other side, losing all objectivity. Sure, the BJP poses dangers to India. But that does not automatically make anything the Congress does A-OK.

The Congress has long exploited the fear of communal violence to justify all manner of excesses. Because our independence was accompanied by the horror of Partition, the party had a readily available fear to stifle dissent -- the fear of deadly riots. The party routinely accuses other people of being "communal" while they themselves are rank communalists (and not just with Muslims and Christians; when it suits their opportunistic political interest, they play communal politics with Hindus too, e.g. Rajiv Gandhi's shilanyas at Babri Masjid.)

The educated elites of India that care about communal harmony and equal rights for all religions do not need to let their fear of right-wing extremists overcome their objectivity in political matters. India is stronger than that. Participation in governance (or "coalition dharma" as Vajpayee put it) has blunted the extremism of the BJP, and India's economic progress has taken the wind out of the sails of Hindutva extremism that relied on masses of unemployed Hindu youth.

Rashmun misses all this, and lives in a binary world where it's either Congress of BJP, so any criticism of the Congress is bad and any actions of Congress are worth defending.

--> i have had cordial relations with people on CH who have been openly supportive of BJP. an example of one such person is Ratan. what i don't like is subterfuge. if you prefer the BJP to the Congress then you should have the courage of your convictions to say so openly instead of pussyfooting around.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:15 pm

seven wrote:Dumb Profile,

what makes you so sure god only knows but fyi i meant NO to ignoring as in not reading/responding to rashmun's posts. i didnt say the word block anywhere. you are welcome to cast your vote and expected to respect other ppl's votes.

w/e

Shaven,

I didn't say that you said block. Nor did I say that all of Retardmun's posts should be ignored. I just said that only the overly stupid ones should be ignored.

I mentioned anything about blocking precisely because I knew that dumb babes like you would not understand that I was talking about selective ignoring. Not because you mentioned blocking.

As it turns out, despite my highlighting that difference, you still speak as if I'm talking of ignoring all of Retardmun's posts. You should change your handle to Retardmunni. Lol!

Appears that you don't get chain ki neend without being slapped by me at least once a week, every week.

Kind regards.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Rashmun wrote:i have had cordial relations with people on CH who have been openly supportive of BJP. an example of one such person is Ratan.
I don't know this Ratan any more than I know my guruvu-gaaru's Ibrahim.

Rashmun wrote:what i don't like is
subterfuge. if you prefer the BJP to the Congress then you should have
the courage of your convictions to say so openly instead of pussyfooting
around.
The problem (for you, not for me) is that I don't. There has been no more strident voice against the excesses of the BJP on this forum than mine. If the BJP was in power today, I would be spending a lot more time criticizing their actions than I would criticize the opposition party. Be it Narendra Modi, Varun Gandhi, or the Sri Rama Sene, nobody has spoken out more against right-wing extremism than I have in the the last few years on CH. At those times, Uppili, my guruvu-gaaru, Nariga, and others (including, perhaps, you) thought I was a supporter of Congress and a loyal servant of the Empress. They were defending the indefensible and they were wrong about me, and I told them so then. You are defending the indefensible and you are wrong now, and I tell you so now.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Rashmun wrote:

What is it with you and your abuse of others mothers ?

I know you will claim that you had said only IF this was said or that was said.... typical hypocritical and gutless sissy type examples.

For the record it was/is/always will be YOU who does exactly what you are accusing SP of. You are the quintessential suspect who farts and accuses others of farting.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:11 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

I know you will claim that you had said only IF this was said or that was said.... typical hypocritical and gutless sissy type examples.

For the record it was/is/always will be YOU who does exactly what you are accusing SP of. You are the quintessential suspect who farts and accuses others of farting.

--> Uppili, have you forgotten that you are the gutter mouth who would go around engaging in parental abuse and irresponsibly accuse people you have disagreements with of being jehadis and terrorists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:20 am

Rashmun wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

--> Uppili, have you forgotten that you are the gutter mouth who would go around engaging in parental abuse and irresponsibly accuse people you have disagreements with of being jehadis and terrorists.

Thanks for proving my point.

Here take this Vibhuti and breathe some of it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 am

rashmun starts some good topics and a lot of discussion takes place on them. if it were not for him, we would not have had so much fun teasing d!ckvijay singh. i am somewhat disappointed in rashmun for not posting mongol art any longer. evwwwRRrrYYYvone loves mongol art here.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:57 am

Another Brick wrote:rashmun starts some good topics and a lot of discussion takes place on them. if it were not for him, we would not have had so much fun teasing d!ckvijay singh. i am somewhat disappointed in rashmun for not posting mongol art any longer. evwwwRRrrYYYvone loves mongol art here.

--> will you continue teasing Diggy Raja after he becomes a union cabinet minister in 2014?

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 am

Rashmun wrote:
--> will you continue teasing Diggy Raja after he becomes a union cabinet minister in 2014?

if he continues his idiocy, why not?

i am impressed by your optimism, btw. you are certain that congress will form the next govt at the centre for the third consecutive term.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:15 am

Another Brick wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

if he continues his idiocy, why not?

i am impressed by your optimism, btw. you are certain that congress will form the next govt at the centre for the third consecutive term.

--> i think its the TINA (there is no alternative) factor. so yes, i do expect the congress to win again in 2014. (i would cease supporting the congress if a viable and better alternative emerges but as of now there is none. )

--> for all the talk of Diggy Raja being a goon, don't forget that he has been a chief minister for 10 years in undivided madhya pradesh (i.e. when madhya pradesh and chattisgarh were one state). if he is a goon then so are most indian politicians.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:19 am

Another Brick wrote:rashmun starts some good topics and a lot of discussion takes place on them. if it were not for him, we would not have had so much fun teasing d!ckvijay singh. i am somewhat disappointed in rashmun for not posting mongol art any longer. evwwwRRrrYYYvone loves mongol art here.
Agree 100%. I really miss the pictures of shahenshah, jahanpanah, badshah-e-hind holding assorted garden vegetables.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:21 am

Rashmun wrote:if he is a goon then so are most indian politicians.
Why are you retreating from the Rashmun Method? The correct way to use the Rashmun Method is to say: if he is a goon, then he would not have been CM of undivided (note, undivided) MP for 10 (repeat, 10) years.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:15 am

Rashmun wrote:
--> for all the talk of Diggy Raja being a goon, don't forget that he has been a chief minister for 10 years in undivided madhya pradesh (i.e. when madhya pradesh and chattisgarh were one state). if he is a goon then so are most indian politicians.

and modi? what do you think about him?

what i object to is pigvijay singh's irresponsible slandering with a single-point agenda of minority-appeasement. what he does is so obvious that even minorities can see through his slander. what he does not understand is that his slander is turning away both majority and minority. UP elections are not far. let's see.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:07 am

Another Brick wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

and modi? what do you think about him?

what i object to is pigvijay singh's irresponsible slandering with a single-point agenda of minority-appeasement. what he does is so obvious that even minorities can see through his slander. what he does not understand is that his slander is turning away both majority and minority. UP elections are not far. let's see.

--> modi is special because no other CM in India has been so openly communal. Of course Modi is no longer openly communal because he realizes he can never become the Indian PM unless he puts on the facade of secularism.

--> i am personally against minority appeasement. for instance, i am for uniform civil code.

--> With respect to Diggy, i have read an interview of his in which he has said he is against religious fundamentalism, including muslim fundamentalism. but i agree that he does indulge in minority appeasment.

--> mayawati would never have become the C.M. of U.P. if she would not have gone out of her way to win the muslim vote in U.P. (They were earlier voting en masse for Mulayam Singh Yadava but in the last assembly elections they switched to Mayawati. In the parliamentary elections the muslim vote got divided between Mayawati and Congress.) In U.P. at least, where muslims account for 17% of the population, the muslim vote is critical for parliamentary success. The only alternative to winning without the muslim vote--at least in U.P.-- is to create communal polarization through communal killings. Personally, given a choice, i prefer minority appeasement to communal polarization and communal killings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:40 am

charvaka wrote:
Why are you retreating from the Rashmun Method? The correct way to use the Rashmun Method is to say: if he is a goon, then he would not have been CM of undivided (note, undivided) MP for 10 (repeat, 10) years.

--> don't forget that the handle name you coined for yourself is a direct outcome of the Rashmun Method.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 am

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> don't forget that the handle name you coined for yourself is a direct outcome of the Rashmun Method.

Rashmunni, I don't like how you're being treated here. Folks who had no compunction blindly supporting a cross-eyed, cross-dressing showman baba's right to put the wellbeing of thousands of people at risk by gathering them at one place with the sole intention of inflaming passions -- just because he was seen as challenging the Empress' govt -- are now hounding when you similarly support an out-of-control, utterly cynical, old-style minority-pandering politician's right to inflame passions.

Hypocrisy is what this is. Makes me lose my faith in humanity. I may not agree with your views on Diggy Singh but rest assured, that won't stop me from expressing my moral outrage if ever the SUCH police come and nuke your microwave at midnight.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:39 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Folks who had no compunction blindly supporting a cross-eyed, cross-dressing showman baba's right to put the wellbeing of thousands of people at risk by gathering them at one place with the sole intention of inflaming passions -- just because he was seen as challenging the Empress' govt
You got all that wrong. If you want to understand what "blind support" looks like, observe Rashmun's posts vis-a-vis Diggy Raja.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am

Rashmun wrote:don't forget that the handle name you coined for yourself is a direct outcome of the Rashmun Method.
I am glad if you think so.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 am

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:don't forget that the handle name you coined for yourself is a direct outcome of the Rashmun Method.
I am glad if you think so.

--> is it not true that you had never heard of Charvakas before i started posting about them on CH?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:58 am

Rashmun wrote:is it not true that you had never heard of Charvakas before i started posting about them on CH?
No.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:24 am

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:is it not true that you had never heard of Charvakas before i started posting about them on CH?
No.

--> stop lying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 am

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
No.

--> stop lying.

--> was there even a single thread initiated by you on Charvakas on CH? The answer is No.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am

Rashmun Method at work again! If you never started a single thread on the nature of DNA, does it mean that you had never heard of DNA until someone started a CH thread on it?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am

charvaka wrote:Rashmun Method at work again! If you never started a single thread on the nature of DNA, does it mean that you had never heard of DNA until someone started a CH thread on it?

--> over a period of several years, you never initiated a single thread on Charvakas. you gave zero indication of any independent knowledge of Charvakas. And, as per my recollection, you wrote on CH that you would be asking your dad about them after you had read some of my posts on them. It is sad to see your transformation into Mr Know it All.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 am

apparently all the people who did say yes are also not doing so....

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:03 am

Rashmun wrote:as per my recollection, you wrote on CH that you would be asking your dad about them after you had read some of my posts on them.
Your recollection is rather unreliable. Why don't you produce some evidence for this?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:06 am

the only thing i've found irksome about rashmun is that often things are black and white for him. for example, he knows i literally worship subramanya bharathi; but he thinks because i do so, i'll accept anything the man has ever said without context and without taking into account that he lived in a different era. so he thinks by publishing something bharathi said in his lifetime about hindi on these boards, he is likely to change my opinion on the subject. very sophomoric.

other than that his posts are readable.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:16 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the only thing i've found irksome about rashmun is that often things are black and white for him. for example, he knows i literally worship subramanya bharathi; but he thinks because i do so, i'll accept anything the man has ever said without context and without taking into account that he lived in a different era. so he thinks by publishing something bharathi said in his lifetime about hindi on these boards, he is likely to change my opinion on the subject. very sophomoric.

other than that his posts are readable.

People with no original ability to think or express their views, have a tendency to borrow and live by others' views, and simply everything as black and white - bcz anything else will involve some original thinking.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next