Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignore Rashmun?

+9
MaxEntropy_Man
Merlot Daruwala
Another Brick
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
charvaka
Propagandhi711
Rekz
SomeProfile
Hellsangel
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should we Ignore Rashmun?

Ignore Rashmun? - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Ignore Rashmun? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Ignore Rashmun? - Page 3 Vote_lcap77%Ignore Rashmun? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 13

Ignore Rashmun? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ignore Rashmun?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:20 am

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:the argument about Bibi Nancharamma was in a subsequent thread in which i pointed out to you that despite being a telugu you had not known that she was a muslim.
Let's see if you can be honest. Did you, or did you not, speak a falsehood above about our first-ever exchange on Bibi Nancharamma? You claimed: "To give an example, you started arguing with me when i said Bibi Nancharama, one of the consorts of Lord Venkateshwara, was a muslim. Then when another telugu poster on CH said i was right, you recanted." I have conclusively proven that to be false. Don't you think you should acknowledge what is at best a really unreliable memory, and at worst an outright opportunistic lie? You say we had a subsequent argument about this exchange; all the more reason for you to remember it correctly. But you didn't! Or you did remember it, but chose to lie about it. Which is it?

--> my recollection is that we had gone back to discussing Bibi Nancharamma in a subsequent thread in which i had ridiculed you for not knowing she was a muslim despite you being a telugu.

--> in the earlier thread, you claimed that it was just not possible for Bibi Nancharamma to be a muslim but then backed off when a telugu poster said that this indeed was the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 am

Rashmun wrote:the argument about Bibi Nancharamma was in a subsequent thread in which i pointed out to you that despite being a telugu you had not known that she was a muslim.
You should stop digging yourself into a hole. Because you mentioned that argument in a subsequent thread, I went and looked for it. And here is what I found.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/look-who-is-learning-hindi-chandrababu-naidu-837995.htm

A year after the original exchange, you said to me:

earlier u were criticising me for suggesting that lord
venkateshwara is believed to have had a muslim wife (bibi nancharamma).
turned out i was right.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt (of failing memory rather than outright lying) and responded with:

No. I was expressing my surprise at that notion because I
didn't know about Bibi Nancharamma. I never criticized you for talking
about Bibi Nancharamma. You are welcome to post links to prove
otherwise.

But here's the interesting thing. You used my lack of knowledge of Bibi
Nancharamma as a diversion when we were arguing about something entirely
different later on. And today you imagine that I criticized you about
it! I wonder what you will escalate that to the next time round...

Your response to this was:

a clarification is in order with respect to bibi
nancharamma. The link is not available (sulekha admins remove threads
from time to time), but let me refresh your memory anyways:

u did not just express surprise when i wrote of bibi nancharamma; u
expressly disputed my claim that she is considered a wife of Lord
Venkateshwara. You said Lord Venkateshwara only had two hindu wives (u
even gave their names) and no muslim wife. It was only when Hamsadhwani
supported my claim that u backtracked and claimed u would be asking your
parents about bibi nancharamma.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and did not dispute your incorrect assertions.

You speak a falsehood once, I can give you the benefit of the doubt that you did not have a good recollection. You speak the same falsehood, exaggerated one more time, and I still give you benefit of the doubt. But now that I have seen it has happened twice, I am inclined to believe you have lied deliberately.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:30 am

Rashmun wrote:my recollection is that we had gone back to discussing Bibi Nancharamma in a subsequent thread in which i had ridiculed you for not knowing she was a muslim despite you being a telugu.
Hahaha. I posted about the other thread. I am more or less convinced that you were deliberately lying, given that you made false claims thrice about the same old thread.

Rashmun wrote:in the earlier thread, you claimed that it was just not possible for Bibi Nancharamma to be a muslim but then backed off when a telugu poster said that this indeed was the case.
False. I said: "I've never heard this before. His two wives are Alivelumanga (also spelt Alamelumanga) and Padmavati. Neither of them have an obviously Arabic, Persian or Turki name." I just posted this a few posts above. You, sir, are lying.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:43 am

charvaka wrote:
Let's see if you can be honest. Did you, or did you not, speak a falsehood above about our first-ever exchange on Bibi Nancharamma? You claimed: "To give an example, you started arguing with me when i said Bibi Nancharama, one of the consorts of Lord Venkateshwara, was a muslim. Then when another telugu poster on CH said i was right, you recanted." I have conclusively proven that to be false. Don't you think you should acknowledge what is at best a really unreliable memory, and at worst an outright opportunistic lie? You say we had a subsequent argument about this exchange; all the more reason for you to remember it correctly. But you didn't! Or you did remember it, but chose to lie about it. Which is it?

This was your original response in the first thread:

Should we hold Tirupati Balaji as a symbol of
Hindu-Muslim integration?I've never heard this before. His two wives are
Alivelumanga (also spelt Alamelumanga) and Padmavati. Neither of them
have an obviously Arabic, Persian or Turki name. Some people also say
that he had one wife, not two. Like he has many names, his wife,
according to these claims, has two names Alivelumanga and Padmavati.

--> you were clearly disputing the fact that Bibi Nancharamma was a muslim in your post. Also, remember that i had given my recollection of this four year old thread without the benefit of having read it. i am not expected to remember each and every detail in your four year old posts.

--> feel free to call me a liar. after all, only recently i called you a liar as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 am

this thread has crossed a thousand views already! perhaps the fastest ever to reach that landmark.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:11 am

ironically, this thread is tough to ignore.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:13 am

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:Piggy raja
There's not winning this, is there? Because people came up with Dogvijay, Pigvijay and Dickvijay, Rashmun thought he'd refer to his hero as Diggy Raja. Now all this does is remind me of Cartman's "I'm a little piggy, oink, oink, oink!"

--> Diggy Raja is how he is known in Madhya Pradesh. His friends also call him Diggy.

Dogvijay, Pigvijay, Dickvijay and Piggy raja is how he is known in the rest of India and the world. The sensible people who see his true character call him these things.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:22 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ironically, this thread is tough to ignore.

hahaha. i was thinking we set up an independent inquiry committee led by advocate sillkaur arora balagopalan to look into who is and who is not lying about charvaka philosophy and muslim wife of lord venkatesh.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:31 am

Another Brick wrote:

hahaha. i was thinking we set up an independent inquiry committee led by advocate sillkaur arora balagopalan to look into who is and who is not lying about charvaka philosophy and muslim wife of lord venkatesh.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 am

SomeProfile wrote:
Dogvijay, Pigvijay, D!ckvijay and Piggy raja is how he is known in the rest of India and the world.

and when we are in a philanthropic mood, we call him dizzy raja.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 am

Another Brick wrote:

hahaha. but sillykaur balagopalan is a little verbosan. wake me up after the opening arguments are done.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 am

hmm, if the forum thinks it is taking too much time for the committee to come up with anything conclusive, we can always request uppili to predict the outcome and dismiss the committee prematurely.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am

that's true. we have the old & wise oracle in the form of uppili so there are no questions without answers on this forum.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:23 am

uppili at the oval office

The President - and that concludes my speech. do you have any questions for me?

uppili - no, i don't. do you?

the same incident repeats itself at the world economic forum, international astronauts' congregation and the confederation of scientists.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 am

Rashmun wrote:Also, remember that i had given my recollection of this four year old thread without the benefit of having read it. i am not expected to remember each and every detail in your four year old posts.
Yeah, that's why I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first two times you said something that you misstated what actually happened. The third time, it becomes a lot more likely that you were deliberately lying.

Rashmun wrote:feel free to call me a liar. after all, only recently i called you a liar as well.
It's easy to call someone something. It is a lot harder to produce incontrovertible evidence that the other person was just plain wrong, not once but thrice.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:18 am

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Also, remember that i had given my recollection of this four year old thread without the benefit of having read it. i am not expected to remember each and every detail in your four year old posts.
Yeah, that's why I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first two times you said something that you misstated what actually happened. The third time, it becomes a lot more likely that you were deliberately lying.

Rashmun wrote:feel free to call me a liar. after all, only recently i called you a liar as well.
It's easy to call someone something. It is a lot harder to produce incontrovertible evidence that the other person was just plain wrong, not once but thrice.

--> as mentioned earlier, you are welcome to believe that i am deliberately lying. after all, i did call you a liar myself earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Thirteen people voted. This is worse than a school board election.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Thirteen people voted. This is worse than a school board election.

this is like 90% show. Whenever I post a vote, it's usually total of 6 responses.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:52 pm

That's one of the highest turnouts we've had here. We usually don't get into double-digits on polls here.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:00 pm

charvaka wrote:That's one of the highest turnouts we've had here. We usually don't get into double-digits on polls here.

did he secretly give you the blue flower with yellow petals or something? i could use some tips...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
charvaka wrote:That's one of the highest turnouts we've had here. We usually don't get into double-digits on polls here.

did he secretly give you the blue flower with yellow petals or something? i could use some tips...

lol...I always had this doubt..

Im sure CAR is accepting blue flowers under the desk Razz
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

Who? Rashmun or Hellsangel?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
The only flowers I pass on to the admin now are hops that have been processed.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Hellsangel wrote:The only flowers I pass on to the admin now are hops that have been processed.
Now, that's a bribe that I can actually use! Right about now.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:49 pm

charvaka wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The only flowers I pass on to the admin now are hops that have been processed.
Now, that's a bribe that I can actually use! Right about now.
Liquid lunch?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu May 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Another Brick wrote:rashmun starts some good topics and a lot of discussion takes place on them. if it were not for him, we would not have had so much fun teasing d!ckvijay singh. i am somewhat disappointed in rashmun for not posting mongol art any longer. evwwwRRrrYYYvone loves mongol art here.

--> will you continue teasing Diggy Raja after he becomes a union cabinet minister in 2014?

The above post was by Retardmun!  rofl

Ignore Rashmun? - Page 3 Dog+Digvijay+Singh+Pig

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3