Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did James Murdoch lie to the parliamentary committee?

2 posters

Go down

Did James Murdoch lie to the parliamentary committee? Empty Did James Murdoch lie to the parliamentary committee?

Post by charvaka Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 pm

It looks like James Murdoch lied when he said to the parliamentary committee earlier this week that he didn't know about the nature of the evidence of phone hacking when he settled a lawsuit for an unusually large amount. But his former employees say that they did indeed brief Murdoch about the evidence. This may become a case of one man's word against another's, but it looks like Murdoch knew exactly what they were dealing with in this case -- to the point of cutting even the CFO out of negotiations and getting him to sign a check "for James Murdoch."

I wonder if this means the parliamentary committee can investigate whether Murdoch perjured himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/22/world/europe/22murdoch.html
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Did James Murdoch lie to the parliamentary committee? Empty Re: Did James Murdoch lie to the parliamentary committee?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:13 am

The bombshell two-paragraph statement by the News of the World's former
editor and legal affairs manager is threatening to finish off James Murdoch's career just as he might have thought he had emerged from the worst.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/22/james-murdoch-top-looking-down

Back to top Go down

Did James Murdoch lie to the parliamentary committee? Empty Re: Did James Murdoch lie to the parliamentary committee?

Post by Kris Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:54 am

but added that “if I knew that what we know now,” he would also have
contacted the police and “moved faster to get to the bottom of these
allegations.”

>>>> But of course!

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:03 am

Kris wrote:but added that “if I knew that what we know now,” he would also have
contacted the police and “moved faster to get to the bottom of these
allegations.”

>>>> But of course!
LOL. Perhaps I am biased against the Murdochs for what they have done to the media landscape, but I will be happy to see some criminal prosecutions and jail time in this matter.

I like the speed at which things are moving -- every passing day brings more revelations of malfeasance. I guess if James Murdoch is discredited, the entire succession plan at News Corp. gets up in the air again. Two women in the family will likely vie for the succession now -- Wendi the wife and Elizabeth the daughter. I wonder if Roger Ailes makes a play for the top spot after Rupert, as the leader of the profitable and non-discredited television business.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down