Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The young and pretty Shobha Naidu

+2
Arwen LOTR
harharmahadev
6 posters

Go down

The young and pretty Shobha Naidu Empty The young and pretty Shobha Naidu

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:15 pm

As a young girl, I was mesmerized by Shobha Naidu's dances on Hyderabad doordarshan. I wanted to relive those moments and searched for her dances on youtube. I couldn't find any, except for one poor quality dance from those times.
Though she was offered many movie opportunities, she refused them and dedicated her life to Kuchipudi dance. K. Vishwanath was after her offering her the role in Sankarabharanam. She refused and the role went to Manjubhargavi.
There's only one movie, as far a i know, that she danced in (it's just this one dance. she didn't act in any role in that movie). I was awestruck by the young and pretty shobha naidu when i watched this movie on tv. I am lucky to have found that dance # on youtube the other day. This also happens to be Vani Jairam's first song in telugu industry. I'd like to share that. Be mesmerized!

Back to top Go down

The young and pretty Shobha Naidu Empty Re: The young and pretty Shobha Naidu

Post by harharmahadev Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:23 am

I met her at a friend's arangetram.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 pm

While we are at it, let's enjoy this delightful dance # one more time. Perfect synchronization of all the four dancers. Kuchipudi is undoubtedly the most enchanting dance forms.

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Kinnera wrote:While we are at it, let's enjoy this delightful dance # one more time. Perfect synchronization of all the four dancers. Kuchipudi is undoubtedly the most enchanting dance forms.

She didn't talk much about her performances when we met. She was mostly focused on promoting her dance academy. She really appreciated the Indian American community and our patronage towards Indian fine arts.

I asked her if Kuchipudi style has changed over time. She said yes.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen LOTR Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Very nice synchronization. Kuchipudi rocks.

Arwen LOTR

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Kinnera wrote:While we are at it, let's enjoy this delightful dance # one more time. Perfect synchronization of all the four dancers. Kuchipudi is undoubtedly the most enchanting dance forms.

nice music, nice dance. don't care for the synchronization; 4 people dancing together does not make the dance 4x as good.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:20 pm

harharmahadev wrote:

She didn't talk much about her performances when we met.  She was mostly focused on promoting her dance academy.  She really appreciated the Indian American community and our patronage towards Indian fine arts.

I asked her if Kuchipudi style has changed over time.  She said yes.
admit it, you only saw her from afar.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Arwen LOTR wrote:Very nice synchronization. Kuchipudi rocks.

She's good, isn't she?

Glad you liked it.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:06 pm

harharmahadev wrote:

She didn't talk much about her performances when we met.  She was mostly focused on promoting her dance academy.  She really appreciated the Indian American community and our patronage towards Indian fine arts.

I am not surprised that she didn't talk about her performances. Great ppl don't boast abt their achievements. I heard that she's very humble. ya, she's more focused on promoting and passing on the art. Three girls that i know went to her dance academy. I soo wanted to go too, but didn't have the opportunity Sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:15 pm

michelle2 wrote:
nice music, nice dance. don't care for the synchronization; 4 people dancing together does not make the dance 4x as good.

Kuchipudi dance to Annamacharya Sankeerthana. Of coures, it got to be nice music and nice dance Smile.

It does make a delightful sight to watch four equally good dancers in perfect synchronization. Any mistakes can go unnoticed if dancing solo, but if dancing in synchrony with other dancers, even a simple mistake becomes prominent. All the dancers have to be perfect in each of their moves, which is how it was in the above dance #.

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Kinnera wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

Kuchipudi dance to Annamacharya Sankeerthana. Of coures, it got to be nice music and nice dance Smile.

It does make a delightful sight to watch four equally good dancers in perfect synchronization. Any mistakes can go unnoticed if dancing solo, but if dancing in synchrony with other dancers, even a simple mistake becomes prominent. All the dancers have to be perfect in each of their moves, which is how it was in the above dance #.
I understand what you mean, but value dance and music differently. Regardless, thanks for the video; I enjoyed it.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:29 pm

Kinnera wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:

I am not surprised that she didn't talk about her performances. Great ppl don't boast abt their achievements. I heard that she's very humble. ya, she's more focused on promoting and passing on the art. Three girls that i know went to her dance academy. I soo wanted to go too, but didn't have the opportunity Sad.

You should have gone. She is the master of her trade. She is also very personable and, as you correctly surmised, humble.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:40 pm

harharmahadev wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:

You should have gone.  She is the master of her trade.  She is also very personable and, as you correctly surmised, humble.

I know! I didn't have that opportunity Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Kinnera wrote:

Do you need a hug? I can give you a hug if you are feeling down.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:47 pm

harharmahadev wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Do you need a hug?  I can give you a hug if you are feeling down.

Lol! I am fine, thank you. Thanks for your generosity. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Kinnera wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I can't see you feeling down.  I'm going to hug you anyways ... For your sake.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:16 am

michelle2 wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

I understand what you mean, but value dance and music differently. Regardless, thanks for the video; I enjoyed it.
I should have said that I value dance and music differently than you do.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 am

swapna wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

may be Michelle 1 is better at English?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:15 am

swapna wrote:
michelle2 wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

Then why didn't you?

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Kinnera wrote:As a young girl, I was mesmerized by Shobha Naidu's dances on Hyderabad doordarshan. I wanted to relive those moments and searched for her dances on youtube. I couldn't find any, except for one poor quality dance from those times.
Though she was offered many movie opportunities, she refused them and dedicated her life to Kuchipudi dance. K. Vishwanath was after her offering her the role in Sankarabharanam. She refused and the role went to Manjubhargavi.
There's only one movie, as far a i know, that she danced in (it's just this one dance. she didn't act in any role in that movie). I was awestruck by the young and pretty shobha naidu when i watched this movie on tv. I am lucky to have found that dance # on youtube the other day. This also happens to be Vani Jairam's first song in telugu industry. I'd like to share that. Be mesmerized!

she's hot!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:29 pm

harharmahadev wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Aaww so generous, considerate, compassionate, and all that good stuff that men rarely possess. Thanks harhar. You are one of a kind! Hugs back at ya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:34 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:she's hot!
Ya, she would've made it big in movies and earned a lot of fame and fortune. But she refused to do so and dedicated her life to Kuchipudi. She didn't marry and have kids either. Gave up her family life too. All for the sake of dance. It's rare to come across such ppl.

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:59 pm

Kinnera wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
harharmahadev wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Aaww so generous, considerate, compassionate, and all that good stuff that men rarely possess. Thanks harhar. You are one of a kind! Hugs back at ya.

Is it okay to cop a feel?

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down