Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A suggestion for my Andhra brothers and sisters

5 posters

Go down

A suggestion for my Andhra brothers and sisters Empty A suggestion for my Andhra brothers and sisters

Post by Thanjai Nalankilli Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Instead of feeling disappointed and disillusioned I would suggest to my Andhra brothers and sisters to fight for Seemandhra becoming a part of the great state of Tamil Nad. When both Chennai and Tirupati are in the same state it would be like "sone pe suhaaga" to use a Hindian expression. Let us not forget that Andhra used to be a part of Tamil Nad only a few decades ago. Also the problem of finding a new capital city for Seemandhra would be solved since Chennai can be the common capital. The new united state can be called Madras state and Chennai can be renamed Madras.

Thanjai Nalankilli

Back to top Go down

A suggestion for my Andhra brothers and sisters Empty Re: A suggestion for my Andhra brothers and sisters

Post by truthbetold Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:50 pm

A confederation of tn and ap is a long term requirement. it is now an immediate need.
why don't you post with your regular handle?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

A suggestion for my Andhra brothers and sisters Empty Re: A suggestion for my Andhra brothers and sisters

Post by indophile Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Why not the non_Travancore part of Kerala + South Kanara in Karnataka too in the big new state. Udipi Krishna temple, all that gold busting at the seams in northern Kerala, Manipal educational facilities that produced a Satya Nadella, are all chomping at the bit to join the big new state.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:03 pm

truthbetold wrote:A confederation of tn and ap is a long term requirement. it is now an immediate need.
why don't you post with your regular handle?

What about the sacrifice of Pottu Sreeramulu? It would have been in vain if Andhra reunites with AP? Some other problems are: would tamil people be ok with this proposition? Would tamil politicians oppose such a move? Would tamil be the state language of the new state or would there be two state languages ( Telugu and Tamil)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:04 pm

indophile wrote:Why not the non_Travancore part of Kerala + South Kanara in Karnataka too in the big new state. Udipi Krishna temple, all that gold busting at the seams in northern Kerala, Manipal educational facilities that produced a Satya Nadella, are all chomping at the bit to join the big new state.

Malayalis and Kannadigas are I think happy where they are at present.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:09 pm

I expect Andhras to as enthusiastic as Malayalis and Kannadigas to join the old Madras state. In fact, Malayalis may be very happy if they get Kanyakumari back from TN.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:12 pm

indophile wrote:I expect Andhras to as enthusiastic as Malayalis and Kannadigas to join the old Madras state. In fact, Malayalis may be very happy if they get Kanyakumari back from TN.

Kanyakumari used to be a part of Kerala and Munnar used to be a part of TN at one time. Then an exchange of these two districts (TN taking Kanyakumari and Kerala taking Munnar) took place since it was determined that there are more Tamils in Kanyakumari and more Mallus in Munnar.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:20 pm

We can stop speculating on any states merging with other states. It will not be in politician's interest. They will have less CM and other ministerial posts to compete for. The next question is how long before Rayala seema separates from andhra and Hyderabad from Telangana.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:26 pm

A confederation is not a merger of states . each state will remain independent but share resources and provide each other exclusive opportunities. more like nafta but within India. such organization can minimize the bullying of national parties such as congress and bjp .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm

truthbetold wrote:A confederation is not a merger of states . each state will remain independent but share resources and provide each other exclusive opportunities. more like nafta but within India.  such organization can minimize the bullying of national parties such as congress and bjp .

Do Tamils and Tamil politicians want such a confederation or is this a one sided love affair ?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Neither side anything. it is an idea from such posters.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:53 pm

I am cautiously optimistic that Tamil Nadu would welcome the idea - they have always thought of themselves like Texas.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down